Dr. Steven Levin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

no change

July 30th, 2015
Dr. Levin is undoubtedly an intelligent doctor with ample experience. I'm sure he understands everything there is to know about pain and what causes it. However, his bedside manner isn't anything to brag about. I have been his patient for over a year....2 ...maybe. I have seen him about 5 times. Most of your apts are with people who don't know you at all. They were decent people, but I want to see the person who knows me. Anyway, when I have seen Dr. Levin, his gave me back injections that maybe helped for a couple weeks but left a lingering sharp pain in my back. All your follow up visits will prob. Have a long wait, they take you in, but you feel forgotten inside. ....gives the impression you have been there a long time, but when he flies in thru the door he jumps right on the computer. He only asked yes/no questions and does a physical exam that is so fast its hard to keep up with. You are out the door in 10 min. So....you are at the place for over an hour....easily, but see him for maybe 10 min. Lastly, I hate to be negative, but I agree with other comments that he has a good dememor. That is...at first anyway. As I had issues trying to explain my situation to him he became more and more agitated and unprofessional. In a bipolar like fashion he can go from happy and carefree to down-right insulting and make you feel bad about yourself. He yells and behaves childish asking me, "Do you have a degree in pain medicine, no, I thought so. . I was beside myself as my other doctor told me I should go see him. I don't know why. It was $40 copay gone and he disgraced me out of his office despite my very truthful and humbling disposition as I am simply seeking a doctor whom will hear me out a little and respond to my concerns. Not someone who demands that you do as they say or never come back kinda attitude. I'm sorry, but I'm very disappointed in him. This is my very real experience. By the way, I'm about 40yrs old. Maybe he's good for geriatric patients only- who knows.

October 30th, 2013
A disappiontment
Understaffed office. I waited over three hours to get my pump refilled my last visit and over an hour and a half my one before that. They scheduled 30 pump refills for one physician assistant. There are no nurses or medical assistants available to work with the doctors. The PA does everything and it is no wonder why patients in pain have to wait hours to see someone. Dr Levin spent most of the visit typing in his computer. he did an assesment me for two minutes and I was on my way. If you need to find someplace better I recommend a search through Medtronics doctor finder to get better medical care.

August 1st, 2012
amazing doctor
This doctor is absolutely amazing. His bed side manner is impeccable! His staff is awesome and they treated like a human being not a drug addict or someone with a chronic pain problem. I love this doctor and he saved me at the hardest time in my life. Thank you Dr. levin.

May 7th, 2011
One of the best
After my first appointment with Dr. Levin, I wish more doctors were like him. When I called to make my first appointment, I was able to schedule one within 2 weeks. The wait in his office was not short, but not unusually long: 40 minutes.I am from a family of doctors, so it really bothers me when doctors don't take the time to talk to me about the problem/plan in detail. Dr. Levin took the time to explain why I was having pain, how the nervous system worked in causing it, and how the medicine he was giving me would affect my nerves to help. We also discussed the 2nd and 3rd things he will try if this treatment doesn't work well enough, and why he was working in that order to reduce risk of complications. He spent over an hour and a half with me on my first visit taking a thorough history and sensitive, skilled physical exam. He listened to what I told him and took me and my pain seriously. He is very intelligent, and looked beyond his specialty to help me organize my many specialists to create a comprehensive treatment plan. At the end of the visit, I was given a printout that detailed what we discussed and his observations from the physical exam. His notes were accurate and showed him to be perceptive. Throughout, I was treated as a capable partner in my own care.In short: He's good, he listens, he communicates, and he seems to care. What more could you ask for?

January 21st, 2011
Bring food and a chair for your appointment
Wait time for this doc is ridiculous. Waited 1 1/2 hrs first appt over an hour for the 2nd appt. He does spend time w/ you and I have never felt better ~ he has to get a handle on the appts though ~ waiting room is not big enough ~ had to wait in the hallway BEFORE I could get into the waiting room. No apology from doc for running behind I guess this is his way of working. Appts should be give appropriately I now have to take a day off from work when I see him....

July 1st, 2010
I wish all Doctors were like him
He is a very personable, easy to talk to dr who takes the time to get to the heart of the problem and then gives an honest suggestion on how to treat the problem. If you need help dealing with pain he is the person to see.

May 14th, 2010
Professional, Personable
Dr. Levin, although obviously a busy man, maintained an even, calm & cool demeaner. I found his check-ups to be physically cursory, but thorough. Once that was done, he would ask probing & pertinent questions regarding the psychological aspects of dealing w/my pain. All in all, I thought he was a good pain doc & I'd not hesitate to recommend him.

November 2nd, 2009
I have been seeing Dr Levin for 3 years now in the begining he was great but after time it seam he lost pations with me and now it takes a week or so to get treatment from him