Dr. Steven Caplan MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology York, PA

3.1

December 23rd, 2014
Dr. Caplan's bedside manner leaves a to to be desired He is quite terse and rather cold and abrupt, as well as impatient. Had no interest at all in my hubby beyond what he was being seen for. No warmth and a communicaitons style that is terse.

February 18th, 2014
I have been using this practice for 5 years. I have seen Dr. Caplan many times and though he does a fast examination, he is thorough. He doesn't spend a lot of time with pleasantries, he gets down to your issue. There are only a handful of dermatologist in the Gettysburg/Hanover area so he is extremely busy. My only problem is that it takes weeks to get an appointment.

August 28th, 2012
Caplan's the best!
I recently made my first visit to a dermatologist for a body check and minor surgery. Dr. Caplan was outstanding. I highly recommend him.

July 30th, 2010
Abrupt manner and treatment
Dr Caplan blazed into the examination room at warp speed and did a rapid assessment of my condition. He then did a treatment which was mechanical and lightning quick. The "head to toe" exam was minimal and I don't see how a skin disorder could be detected given the speed and partial skin areas examined. I don't need smoozing during an office visit but a reasonable speed would be greatly appreciated. I left with doubts about the quality of my visit. I won't go back.

February 14th, 2010
I am so impressed with Dr. Caplan that I would like to name my child after him. So smart and handsome!

September 19th, 2008
NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE
TOOK MY 7 YEAR OLD SON TO THIS MAN. THE DOCTOR "DIAGNOSED" MY SON... FROM ACROSS THE ROOM. HE NEVER CAME WITH-IN A FOOT OF MY SON DURING THE ENTIRE VISIT. I WAS THEN TOLD TO SCHEDULE OUR NEXT APPOINTMENT WITH THE "PRACTIONER", AS MY SONS SEVERE ECZEMA WAS DEEMED NOT IMORTANT ENOUGH FOR THIS DOCTORS TIME. WE WILL NOT BE BACK DUE TO DOCTORS TREATMENT AND THE EXTENDED WAIT WE EXPERIENCED, IN BOTH THE WAITING ROOM AND EXAM ROOM