Dr. Steven Carawan MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Hazard, KY

3.9

May 5th, 2017
Dr. Carawan has ruined my wrist. I broke a bone above my right wrist small fracture. He put on a cast note that my hand and wrist was swollen. He should have put a splint on then when swelling reduced he could have put on the cast. Now I am out a lot of money and still can not use my wrist. I don't understand why the bone above my little finger is swollen and still hurts. Last visit he looked at it and told me to wear a brace I ask for how long he said until it quits hurting! That will be the rest of my life!

September 10th, 2016
He's a judgemental jerk!

February 9th, 2016
He destroyed my sisters life
This doctor was run out of SC and can not work there anymore. I can not believe he is allowed to work and operate in another state. This doctor admitted to my older sister that he cut her bones off too short in her knee replacement surgery. She has had another surgery but nothing will help her because of what he did. He quality of life has decreased to only staying in her home she will not go anywhere because of pain and the fact that she is scared of falling. It's just ashamed that he can admit this and walk away but I've watched my sister who used to be a strong lady break down physically, mentally and emotionally because of this. He wasn't in his right state of mind when he operated on my sister. BE CAREFUL!!!!!

September 8th, 2015
Dr. Carawan is a wonderful doctor.

March 18th, 2015
Couldn't have ask for a better person to fix me back!

July 2nd, 2014
One of the finest orthopedic doctors I have ever had the pleasure to see,he has compassion with his patients,he knows what he is doing when it comes to taking care of his patients needs,I love Dr. Carawan if it were not for him I would not be walking right now,if anyone wants a good orthopedic doctor who cares about you then I recommend this doctor.

May 7th, 2013
travis C.
Dr.Carawan, performed Rotator repair on my left shoulder in 2010 in Abbeville, SC.........Surgery went great,after care was awesome,even called me each evenig the first couple of days to make sure all was well, Best Dr. by far in my book, highly recommended, He's all about patient care before ,during and after surgery,

September 26th, 2011
rotator cuff surgery
I have nothing but good things to say about Doctor Carawan. He is very attentive, makes you feel at ease during your visit and gives you all the time you need to talk about your illness. Everyone in his office was very nice and I would highly recommend him as a surgeon.