Dr. Steven Charous MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 17th, 2016
Although I was only dealing w/a sinus infection, Dr Charous spent sufficient time with me and was very engaging.

September 14th, 2015
Excellent surgeon
After having an MRI for a totally different health concern, it detected a large mass on my remaining thyroid. Dr. Charous was calming and took time to evaluate the problem. When it came time to get biopsy results, he himself called. His office is wonderful and professional. His staff worked with me to get a surgery booked so I would have time to recover before a new grandchild arrived. I had complete confidence on surgery day. I had minimal discomfort and am recovering well. Again, follow up with his office is top notch and he called me with results of labs and how to proceed with medication. I'm going to recover faster than I had hoped. I can't imagine a better surgeon!

March 19th, 2015
I spent a very long time with Dr Cherous yesterday in his office as a followup exam to me being hospitalized for an infection in some of the lymph nodes in my neck. He was extremely kind and patient and thorough. At no point did I feel i was not getting the very best of care and getting the very best of his time and compassion. I await the result of some lab work based on samples he removed and i have every confidence he will take care of me regardless of the course of treatment which will be required. In the past, he operated on my wife for vocal cord nodules and was equally professional and courteous. I highly recommend Dr Cherous.

October 18th, 2013
LATE FOR APPOINTMENT
I walk in for my appointment and right as I walk up to get checked in I am informed he is going to be an hour late due to a surgery. I came home all the way from college for this appointment!!! TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. CALL FURTHER AHEAD TO NOTIFY ME!!!

October 22nd, 2012
Good doctor with caring staff
My husband recently was diagnosed with tongue cancer and never knew what to expect. He diagnosed it with a biopsy and his staff took care of us with all the appointments that needed to be done. Nikki was great with getting appts scheduled fast and cared and listened to my husbands concerns. Dr. Charous cancelled his office hours to accommodate my husband in getting his surgery done the following week after being diagnosed. I recommend his practice!

September 5th, 2012
Dr Charous is a life saver
Dr Charous literally saved my life. I had a severe case of laryngitis that lasted 12 weeks. I had originally seen my GP who referred me to Dr Wolf (ENT). When my laryngitis would not go away. Dr. Wolf referred me to Dr Charous. In the course of his examination, he discovered an enlarged lymph node. He performed a needle biopsy which was inconclusive. He then performed a surgical biopsy. He cleared an entire morning to do my biopsy ASAP. The incision was on my neck above my collar bone. I have no visible scar and I am very fair skinned and do not heal well in general. He called me every day to keep me advised of the status of my biopsy results. When he called me to tell me I had Lymphoma, he recommended a top oncologist and personally got me an appointment within the week when I couldn't get one on my own. He also got the result of my PET scan personally so that I did not have to wait to find how extensive my lymphoma was. Due to the thoroughness of Dr Charous, my lymphoma was caught early and very treatable. I would recommend him to anyone! He is an amazing doctor and an amazing and caring man!

January 13th, 2012
Excellent E.N.T. Doctor!
Dr. Charous is an excellent doctor. My ear surgery was successful! Thanks Dr. Steven Charous for a job well done! You're great!

February 21st, 2010
I never post stuff online but felt compelled to as my exp w this dr was so dissimilar to above. OK, I admit that I developed a crush on this handsome and intriguing man, but all that aside, he performed a most competent hemi thyroidectomy on me -- nice straight incision etc -- and I was really delighted w his level of care throughout. And as an aside, isn't med terminology cool? Why "hemi" and not "demi", I wonder ...

October 7th, 2009
horrible doctor, one of those that i just there to make his money and leave and not even care about his patients

October 6th, 2009
I HAD A SURGERY DONE, BUT THIS DOCTOR DOESN'T EVEN CARE ABOUT THE PATIENTS JUST WANTS TO GET THE MONEY AND THAT'S IT. HE DID A HORRIBLE SURGERY.