Dr. Steven Christesen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Christesen?

patient

Posted on March 18th, 2016

Dr. C is a nice enough man but the system he works in ( Millenium) leaves much to be desired. Everyone has a "I didn't do it ! " attitude....very frustrating.

Completely satisfied patient

Posted on June 17th, 2013

I would tell a friend that this is the best PCP doctor we have had since we moved to Port Charlotte, he takes care of both me and my husband and has been spot on in everything he has said to us, even when sending us to another dr for their expertise he tells us what he thinks and why he is sending us and it has always been almost completely accurate. He takes the time to explain the answers to questions that we have even from other doctors who did not have the time to spend in explaining and I am totally surprised by the two previous comments I read before writing mine. I have been a patient for about 10 years and wouldn't think of leaving his practice, nor would my husband. I don't know how many doctors those people go to, but with my husband we see so many specialists and he is by far he most prompt and the one that spends the most time with us. Yes, he is friendly and we do talk about "other things" besides what is on our mind but we have never felt "brushed off" or "talked at" during any appointment.

Self Important

Posted on November 29th, 2011

If it is not on his list he doesn't care to know about it. Has a fixation on weight. His manner is abrupt, disinterested, will not discuss anything with patient and talks at you but not with you. This Doctor does not listen and discuss with the patient and wants no input from you. On my 2nd visit to him I had a foot pain from a previous surgery, a stiff neck for over 3 months, and a urinary tract infection,all needing immediate care and advice or referral to another doctor. He acknowledged the urinary tract infection but then turned the discussion to my weight. He said, :You are fat, and 60 pounds over weight". I said, "I am 40 to 45 pounds over weight but not 60". I told him that I had a good diet from a doctor in the Palm Desert but it was nearly impossible to follow without an appetite suppressant and a vitamin supplement. He said, "You are too old to prescribe an appetite suppressant! You are 65 years old!" The foot, and the neck were not on his list! You have to butt into his conversation with himself to get a word in edgewise! He takes over the conversation and does not want to hear what is wrong that you need help with. "I told him that I would just have to find someone else who could help me with the diet and appetite suppressant. He snapped, "We don't see eye to eye!" I said, "No, I guess we don't!" He said, "We are ending your visit here. You will have to find another doctor. I won't charge you for this visit!" He sent me on my way with a urinary tract infection, and no antibiotic! This was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, a 4 day holiday for most medical offices. this man is an egotistical jerk.

Too many patients

Posted on August 12th, 2011

Too many patients, they book every 15 minutes, admitted by staff.I was ten minutes late and had to reschedule. When I told the staff it was not good customer service, they didn't seem to care, when I told them after 3 years I was going to leave his care they seemed to care even less. In the begining I felt Dr Chris really cared and wanted to help, by the end it was clear he booked as many patients as he could so that he could have his afternoons off. Good Doctor. Horrible customer care.

Posted on November 15th, 2017