Anesthesiologists, Pain Management Specialist
6310 Health Park Way
Ste 320
Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202
941-351-1123
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Apr 8th, 2014

he was charge for fraud at Sarasota county by medicare :(

|  Dr lynch  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

Dr Chun is my colleague and a mentor. He trained at world foremost institution in New York and he is by far the best pain doctor I ever met! I m simply stating my humble opinions.

|  Dr. Chun  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

Dr. Chun is one of the most caring of doctors I have met over the years. He is highly intelligent, jokes with you leaving you at ease. I recommend him to anyone who needs someone in his specialty.

Apr 28th, 2012

I Would definately recommend Dr. Chun to others, in fact I have already given his name out to people I know that are suffering w/pain. My husband and myself have been going to him for almost 11 years and he has helped us both drastically. Not only is he a wonderful physician is also an all around great person. He is kind, caring and makes you feel at ease in the office. I'm am so thankful we found him!!!!

|  Shocked  |  show details
May 23rd, 2011

I tried to call and change an appointment so I could get my medications filled before flying to New Hampshire for my mother's heart surgery and the receptionist was very rude without much of a reason. I guess she was having a bad day. I don't think she got the importance, or severity of the situation when I talked to her the first time so I decided that maybe I should call the office back and explain myself a little further. I couldn't get a hold of anyone... I called and the phones went straight to voice mail 5 times within 2 hours. So I decided to drive 45 minutes from North Port to Lake Wood Ranch to speak with them in person. Dr. Chun has always told me that if I ever needed anything that I should feel free to call and I would be helped. The experience I was dealt today was far from accommodating. Once my Fiance and I arrived we both went to the reception window and was not greeted. The woman who talked to me on the phone the first time must have recognized me and felt for whatever reason that I was anything but a patient, but contrary to that I am but she treated me with the most disrespect and rudeness that I have ever received... But that is not even the end of it... when my Fiance tried to speak up in my defense she pointed her finger at him and demanded to know who he was... I said he's my fiance. Then she said "Good than I don't need to talk with him" and told him to take a seat. Now, I must say my Fiance is a very clean cut self respecting person and I don't think could be rude even if he wanted to. This woman obviously had it out for anyone who had something to say that she did not like. When my Fiance said no I won't take a seat she demanded that he then leave... Really? Excuse me but he's me FIANCE! He has every right to stand by me while discussing my healthcare. Period. No exceptions. The HIPPA law did not and does not apply to this situation in any way at all. Anyways when my Fiance said that he wouldn't have a seat she said fine than I will call the cops... So she called the cops! On my Fiance? Really? How is this even happening? All because I needed to change my appointment time? My Fiance was not once ever rude, he didn't even get a chance to speak. I'm sorry but the lack of professionalism that she was representing not only herself with but Dr. Chun's office was totally unacceptable. My Fiance has his B.A in nursing and told me that this type of thing is never suppose to happen. The way this lady not only over stepped her bounds as a front desk receptionist but to threaten and speak down to someone is just AWFUL and so shocking. I hope Dr. Chun hears that one of his staff called the police on a patients soon to be husband for absolutely no reason other than the fact that she obviously was having a bad day. He never said or did anything besides stand up for me because truth be told I am somewhat shy and I don't easily address conflict very well but given the situation I was in I needed that appointment moved up a few days in advance so I could make it to my Mother's surgery up north... I still can't believe this woman and her horrible conduct. I have already signed a grievance with the AMA and Florida Department of Health about this. I can't wait to speak with Dr. Chun, I wouldn't be surprised if she tried to cancel my appointment for next week with him to keep me from telling him what happened. Surely she wouldn't go so far as to tampering with patient health records... (yes scheduling appointment) is considered apart of a patients health record. Woman like her should be barred from ever working in healthcare. We were so distraught and awestruck at how we had both been treated that we left and went straight to a lawyer... and I would most certainly recommend anyone who finds themselves in a situation like this to do the same and to file a report with the AMA and FDH, they will hear your case... We should never have moved to Florida with the way people treat each other here.

|  NO ONE RETURNED MY CALL FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT...THANK YOU  |  show details
by DIANE on Jan 14th, 2011

YOUR OFFICE DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO RETURN A PHONE CALL. MADE ME FEEL WARM AND FUZZY INSIDE, ESPECIALLY AFTER YOU WERE REFERRED TO ME.PS HEARD YOU GIRLFRIEND GOT A NICE CAR FOR CHRISTMAS? JUST SO YOU KNOW I AM SPEAKING THE TRUTH

Nov 30th, 2010

Dr Chun is a very brilliant doctor who keeps up to date on all the new options available. He has helped me tremendously over the years. However his mood swings are very difficult to deal with. Some days he listens and others he just is dismissive of whatever you say. He does care about his patients and is very astute and there is absolutely no fooling him ever. I just wish his bedside manner was kinder and more consistent and not as cocky. If you need a good doctor who won't just gork you out on pain meds but will actually treat your condition properly..then go see Dr. Chun. I haven't been able to find a doctor as smart as him anywhere else in sarasota or bradenton and don't want to go to a pain mill as I truly have actual problems that he has helped me with and continues to. However he can be very stubborn and doesn't always seem to be hearing all of your symptoms and that can be frustrating...being in pain stinks as it is...but trust him to do the right thing for you. He will try his best and do not try to mess him around.

|  Skillled and kind  |  show details
by Barbara jackson on Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr Chun and his PA, Jeff, are both skilled and thoughtful toward their patients. it is clear that their main goals are your recovery and long term health while improving with your you current situation in regards to pain.

|  the best MD in Sarasota  |  show details
by steven choi on Jul 16th, 2009

the best Md by far none. He i always on top of my isues

by B. Goodman on Jan 9th, 2009

I would NOT recommend this doctor.

|  A doctor who really cares  |  show details
by Pete Rosenberg on Jan 12th, 2008

Dr. Chun is a doctor who really cares about his patients. To him, it is not all about money, but real dedication to helping patients.

Sep 24th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr Chun and PA Jeff Patterson are the greatest doctors I have ever met.The staff and Doctors at HealthSouth Hospital where Doc Chun and Jeff Patterson have their practice are very caring and concerned about the patients well being.I was in 2 car accidents

Read Full Review at yahoo.com