Anesthesiologist (pain control)
Video profile

the best in town show details the best in town
by george foster on Jul 28th, 2016

Dr chun came with the best reputations in town and my primary doc states he was the best in town as well. I did not know what was the big deal on him. But once I met Dr Chun I knew I was in a right place for my conditions. Also he is truly a nice gentleman. I was impressed from the beginning but now after 7 yrs later my feeling is exactly the same. The best doc in town. I m not talking about a pain doc. I mean the best in town by far none regardless of specialties. I m grateful I met Dr Chun and hope he continue to practice in Sarasota for long long time.

Highly Recommend show details Highly Recommend
by Current Patient of 5 years on Oct 11th, 2015

Dr. Chun is the only pain management specialist I have been to who not only explained what the issues are in my lumbar and cervical spine in plain English. He is personable and his equipment and staff are compassionate. I have been a patient for about 5 years. He does not overbill and is well informed. I would highly recommend him and the specialized procedures he performs. A great choice for a spinal care physician.

WARNING show details WARNING
by Patrick McCall on Oct 11th, 2015

Dr. Chun spends most of his and your time raving about himself and whining about insurance coverage. He does not examine patients and runs a "pill mill" he calls a "Pain Practice." He claims to be an expert about CRPS/RSD, but has no real interest in treating it or listening to patients who have it.

by R R P on Sep 18th, 2015

Fantastic care. Been seeing him since mid 90's. Very caring. Efficient. The staff is phenomenal.

the only the best please show details the only the best please
by Steven k on Mar 29th, 2015

I was rejected by total 7 doctors due to complexity and challenges of my diseases. I m from Manhattan and I m used to the top notch MD in New York City. Once I moved to retired I was really concerned since sarasota is a relatively small city. With my history I searched and searched for new MD. Boy did I find a jewel of a doctor. He is outstanding in all sense of words. I found the best for the most challenging problems. No doubt.... thanks Dr C..

Jan 7th, 2015

The best MD in town. He is real. Nothing phony about him.

Dr lynch show details Dr lynch
Oct 25th, 2012

Dr Chun is my colleague and a mentor. He trained at world foremost institution in New York and he is by far the best pain doctor I ever met! I m simply stating my humble opinions.

Dr. Chun show details Dr. Chun
Oct 9th, 2012

Dr. Chun is one of the most caring of doctors I have met over the years. He is highly intelligent, jokes with you leaving you at ease. I recommend him to anyone who needs someone in his specialty.

Apr 28th, 2012

I Would definately recommend Dr. Chun to others, in fact I have already given his name out to people I know that are suffering w/pain. My husband and myself have been going to him for almost 11 years and he has helped us both drastically. Not only is he a wonderful physician is also an all around great person. He is kind, caring and makes you feel at ease in the office. I'm am so thankful we found him!!!!

Nov 30th, 2010

Dr Chun is a very brilliant doctor who keeps up to date on all the new options available. He has helped me tremendously over the years. However his mood swings are very difficult to deal with. Some days he listens and others he just is dismissive of whatever you say. He does care about his patients and is very astute and there is absolutely no fooling him ever. I just wish his bedside manner was kinder and more consistent and not as cocky. If you need a good doctor who won't just gork you out on pain meds but will actually treat your condition properly..then go see Dr. Chun. I haven't been able to find a doctor as smart as him anywhere else in sarasota or bradenton and don't want to go to a pain mill as I truly have actual problems that he has helped me with and continues to. However he can be very stubborn and doesn't always seem to be hearing all of your symptoms and that can be frustrating...being in pain stinks as it is...but trust him to do the right thing for you. He will try his best and do not try to mess him around.

Skillled and kind show details Skillled and kind
by Barbara jackson on Sep 3rd, 2010

Dr Chun and his PA, Jeff, are both skilled and thoughtful toward their patients. it is clear that their main goals are your recovery and long term health while improving with your you current situation in regards to pain.

the best MD in Sarasota show details the best MD in Sarasota
by steven choi on Jul 16th, 2009

the best Md by far none. He i always on top of my isues

by B. Goodman on Jan 9th, 2009

I would NOT recommend this doctor.

A doctor who really cares show details A doctor who really cares
by Pete Rosenberg on Jan 12th, 2008

Dr. Chun is a doctor who really cares about his patients. To him, it is not all about money, but real dedication to helping patients.