inactive

Steven F Cogan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

December 2nd, 2015
Doctor is extremely rude, no doc should be this rude to someone especially early in the morning when they open up.

July 10th, 2015
Many years ago I came to Dr. Silberstein with an issue concerning my newborn. Being a first time mother I became concerned about blood coming out of my child's ear. This doctor berated me and made me feel very, very small due to the fact that he said it was nothing and I was overly concerned about my baby. His manner was that of a pompous Know it all, and I am being polite when I say that. I never went back to that practice. I can only hope that he has experienced a frightful time in his life where he was uncertain about an issue that was dear to his heart and was turned away in the same manner that I experienced.

February 8th, 2014
Remembering what medicine is supposed to be.
Dr. Cogan is greatly missed. He was compassionate and understanding not only of the patients but in dealing with the parents too. All of his patients and their families were people first. In an era when suddenly everyone has turned into an insurance number and ceased to have an identity, the human touch and connection is rare and Dr. Cogan's retirement and subsequent passing left a void in the field of medicine that ought to be emulated. We are human. Our children, like us, are more than our insurance coverage. They have names not numbers. They are not to be slotted into time frames and dismissed when the time expires. We are whole beings not symptoms or parts. Their mental and emotional well-being is at times as critical, if not more so than their physical symptomology. Perhaps if more doctors took a few moments and recalled the era of house calls and personal familiarity with their patients instead of electronic and digital references and dependence healthcare would improve. For it is not only about technical advancement and discovery it is also remembering that doctors are not treating whats but whos!

February 12th, 2013
Father of 4
I have been taking my children to Dr. Cogan and Dr. Silberstein for 16 years now. Both are excellent doctors. Dr. Silberstein can be a bit dry at times and can lack the playful bedside manner that is common in a pediatric specialist, but he more than makes up for it in his knowledge and care. I have always found their diagnosis to be spot on, they are conservative when it comes to prescribing medicines, and they are always diligent in their exams. I have a special place in my heart for Dr. Cogan, as he was the one to help my youngest daughter by recognizing some special needs in her, and his treatment has turned her life around. To those reviewers with negative comments, my only advice is get to know them better (although Dr. Cogan is now retired) and let them get to know you. You may not love the bedside manner, but no-one will care more for your children.

January 9th, 2012
During several vists to this office the receptionist and both Dr. Cogan and Dr. Silberstein had an attitude and was not very pleasant. For a pediatrician you expect the doctors to be friendly and talk to you and your child to make them feel comfortable. Both doctors responded with a nod when greeted with a "hello, how are you today". I asked several questions to the doctor the last time I was in the office about my daughter and he looked at the floor or was fiddling with the computer the entire time. I felt that this was very rude. For an office where you have young children coming in they need to drop the attitude and start acting friendly.

October 8th, 2010
Best Ever
Didn't find Dr. Cogan until the last minute before I delivered my oldest we informed the office that I was on the way to hospital to deliver and Dr. Cogan was there (even before my mom) to take care of my newborn baby girl!! Sitting here remembering both he and Dr. Silberstein and the staff fondly as I have moved to Georgia and realize that the kind of care my kids receieved there is sooooooo hard to find. Alway attentive, patient-- never rushed, and so gentle and sweet with my children. I never found myself anxious with their care. If you have the opportunity get your kids here as patients... I envy you. I miss them dearly as my ongoing search for anything even close to their practice continues.....