Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Awesome surgeon show details Awesome surgeon
by Christina K on Jun 30th, 2015

He is a wonderful surgeon, my knee surgery was great. He fixed my knee. I am so grateful that my knee is finally straight, being in car accident I was worried I wouldn't be ever to walk straight again. I am currently in recovery but my knee is straight and he explained the survery. The anestheologist was great as well, couldn't be happier overall the best surgeon ever

surgical nightmare show details surgical nightmare
Oct 24th, 2012

I had a rotator cuff repair. Dr Coupens told me that I would have a "mini" incision no more than 2 inches, that the old large incision was no longer done. After surgery my husband asked if there were any problems with the tendon repair, he was told ,NO. The next day when the bandage was removed I had a 4 INCH incision down the MIDDLE if my arm. When my husband and I said we were upset Dr. Coupens was surprised.

Comitted, skilled and engaged show details Comitted, skilled and engaged
Jun 2nd, 2012

My son required a lateral release for a nagging knee injury and pain issues. Dr. Coupens was at all times engaged, direct and interested in the process, explained the risks and stayed in touch with us post-op and beyond. He gave us strength confidence amd some laughs and my son is fully recovered. We travelled from Nevada to OKC to work with him. And we are glad we did.

Fantastic surgeon and excellent doctor show details Fantastic surgeon and excellent doctor
Apr 9th, 2012

Meniscus torn in two places. Very painfull. He told me there would be no pain after surgery. Very very good surgeon and NO pain afterwards.

Too many patients not enough time show details Too many patients not enough time
Jan 6th, 2012

He has to many patients and not enough time to spend with them. Thinks he knows it before he even looks at ya..

Knee Replacement show details Knee Replacement
Dec 21st, 2011

He save my value of life - I was not able to walk without pain - he started with shots - then he said that surgery was the only answer. He done a great job - life is good now. He stays with the problem, until the solution is met.

Not impressed show details Not impressed
Oct 3rd, 2011

Did not spend adequate time with me and was rushing around to other patients. I asked about another condition and he said I didn't have that, flat out, went to another doctor the next week and DID have what I was asking about... not impressed.

Great Surgeon show details Great Surgeon
Aug 27th, 2010

Dr. Coupens was my surgeon for ACL reconstruction 8 years ago. He did a great job and I have no problems with my knee to this day, even after 4 years of collegiate level basketball.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Mar 10th, 2010

Dr. Coupen's had done two knee surgeries on my prior to replacing it. I would never have another Dr. touch either of my knees. He has seen my husband and also did surgery on my son's knee.

Dec 18th, 2009

Splendid technique. Excellent outcome.

May 16th, 2009