Dr. Steven Cowart Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Steven Cowart?

Never went back

Posted on February 11th, 2016

Rude and makes you feel like he doesn't care

Really Mean Doctor

Posted on May 27th, 2015

Doctor Cowart was rude to me and laughed at me when I voiced concerns about loosing my hair. He talked down to me and had a very condescending, negative demeanor. I will never go back.

not happy with medical report promptness

Posted on February 18th, 2015

I'm not happy that the staff calls, leaves a message about a test result that I am very anxious about & then leaves shortly after leaving a message. "Call back" is what their very unhelpful message says when the call is returned. Better to leave NO message than to not be there 2 hours before closing time so that the patient is just left with frustration and anger.

Good Experience

Posted on February 13th, 2014

The wait was reasonable, the staff was very friendly, personable and caring. The Dr. explained things well. I would recommend them to a friend if ever necessary.

Easy to trust

Posted on July 26th, 2013

Great staff, feeling of confidence in Dr. Cowart, very trustworthy.

Fed Up with Dr. Cowart

Posted on July 16th, 2013

I have been going to Dr Cowart for 3 years. My diabetes is not well controlled at all and he could really care less. He always come into the exam room, stands at the computer with his back to you, asks you a couple of questions and that is it. He prescribed a different insulin for me and when I went for the next apt he asked how it was doing. I said I quit using it, he never turned around to look at me, never asked why, he just made a note in the computer and sent me on my way. His lack of common curtesy is unbelievable for a physician. I have always had long what times to see him, and the office staff has told me to talk to him about it as they cannot do anything because he tells them to double book appointments. Today I went in 20 minutes early for my apt. After I had been waiting an hour and 15 minutes (55 minutes after my apt time) I noticed the name of the next person called and went to look on the sign in sheet to see where I stood. I was appalled to see that the person called BEFFORE me had the same apt time as I did, and had arrived 20 minutes late for her apt. I asked why someone was being seen before me when I was on time and she was 20 min late and we had the same apt time. I was told they (the office staff) they can't do anything about it, something about how the names show up in the computer is how the names are called. I decided then that I had no use for a Dr. who overbooks, is rude, can be condescending and has no concern for anyone else's time but his own. I will not go to see him again, even though he is the only Endocrinologist who accepts my insurance in Huntsville. Maybe others like him, though I cannot understand why if he treats all patients like this. Then again , maybe he doesn't, and if that is the case, the question is why? Do yourself a favor and either see a different Endocrinologist or go to an internist like I will do in the future.

Highly Recommend Dr. Cowart

Posted on July 4th, 2013

I'm glad I chose Dr. Cowart for my endocrinologist. Being on an insulin pump, it is important for me to have a doctor that can adjust my basal rates. Should I ever have a problem with my insulin pump, I feel I'm in good hands with Dr. Cowart and his excellent nursing staff. I found Dr. Cowart to be professional and thorough in his initial examination, as well as follow-up appointments. If you have diabetes, you need an endocrinologist; I highly recommend Dr. Cowart!

Arrogant or Ignorant?

Posted on November 21st, 2012

I'm not sure if this physican is arrogant or just plain ignorant. I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Cowart and have since talked to several other people in town who were as well. Go somewhere else.

Posted on March 9th, 2012

Dr cowart knows his stuff. He is a very caring physician and he will cure your illness. I recommend him. He is the best physician. I can't praise him enough.

TERRIBLE DR!!

Posted on November 14th, 2011

I am a diabetic of 25 yrs. I ended up with Ketoacidosis & tried to get an emergency appt with Dr. Cowarts office. They said they couldn't see me for 2 wks! So I ended up in the hospital. When Cowart came to my bedside he treated me like I was a child & like I didn't know what I was talking about. He wouldn't listen to my reasoning or my questions. I thought I had built up insulin resistance & without checking the insulin or my pump he said NO. So I asked him if it could be due to my allergies just like a diabetic having issues with fevers & colds causing insulin to not work properly & he told me he had NEVER heard of that in his career & told me to stop trying to come up with excuses. He then started interrogating me asking me why had I not come back to his office sooner & I told him it was because HE wanted me to see other Dr's and Specialists before returning to him & it took me some time to get all of that taken care of. When I asked him about how my Blood Sugar had gotten so high he proceeded to tell me that once the B.S got over 400 that I should have taken out a syringe, pulled up EXTRA insulin & injected it that way. I told him my past Dr had told me to do that but only with a sliding scale and with Regular insulin not my fast acting Novolog, that in doing so could overdose me. HE ROLLED HIS EYES!! He had NO BEDSIDE MANNER AT ALL and had me in TEARS, treating me like I was a child who didn't know what I was talking about. I haven't been hospitalized in over 13 years with Diabetes issues & one visit & this is how he treats his patients?? THEN he had the gall to send me a certified letter just 2 days after I am released from the hospital "dismissing" me from his & his associates care without any reason as to why!! That leaves only one other Dr in the area that accepts our insurance, Tricare & we are not sure if he accepts patients on an insulin pump. So he has me in a major bind! DO NOT GO TO HIM!!

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!

Posted on March 8th, 2011

I arrived at the office approximately 20 mins early as requested to complete new patient forms. I was not called until approximately 55 mins after my scheduled appointment time. I was placed in a room shortly after where I waited another 15-20 mins for the doctor to come in. When the doctor entered I dont recall him even greeting me. When he asked me about my symptoms I described them and also told him that I was really concerned that my other doctors had not been listening to me. That they just relied on the results of blood tests and were not taking into account that I know my body and I know something is different/wrong. I had a partial thyroidectomy 8 years ago and my previous general doctors had only been looking at whether or not my blood work was within the (huge) normal range (.5 to 4.5/5.0). After conducting a brief examination, he came back into the room and had quite distain in voice when telling me what the next steps were. He stated that he would run blood work again and that he didnt see signs of the symptoms I reported. He then told me that there are lots of people who have weight gain and fatigue that have nothing wrong with their thyroid. I explained to him that I was concerned because my doctor that performed my thyroidectomy in the state I had previously lived in had wanted to do a check to see if I had thyroidism because my levels although within the normal range might be fluctuating. He responded with explaining how the normal ranges are set based on a bell curve and that medicine has come a long way and that the blood test is accurate. At this point I became very upset and he huffed at me as he handed me a tissue box. He then asked what more did I want from him and that he didnt know why I was getting upset. I explained to him that I was upset because I felt as if he was dismissing me and my concerns. His response was I was listening to you I took your whole medical history didnt I? He then continued with what else did I want from him from my chart it appeared to him that my doctor (general doctor that had referred me) had already been quite thorough even checking my gallbladder and liver. I explained that those tests were because of a completely separate health issue. He responded with telling me my symptoms had nothing to do with my thyroid and that I needed to just accept that. He then told me that I couldnt expect to come in and have him cure me. At this point I had enough of him so I began to leave the room and told him it was because he was so rude. He responded by telling me that he wasnt rude that he just didnt say what I wanted to hear. I walked out and could still hear him talking as I walked down the hallway.

Notes from a new patient

Posted on January 5th, 2011

It took me over two months to get in as a new patient. Office staff and nurse were very polite and helpful. The doctor stood at the computer terminal with his back to me nearly the entire visit. He said several things that were contradictions.