Dr. Steven Croft MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

February 10th, 2015
I DO NOT RECOMMEND
About a decade ago I was referred to Dr Croft by my internist for a check-up/brain mri after an unusual spell (my internist shared his office with the newly arrived Croft). After the MRI Croft told me I had to come in for the results and he would not give them out over the phone. I came in expecting the worst, paid my copay and he walked into the office and said, "we did not find what we were looking for" and that was it, no explanation, no it appears fine or it's normal or anything else. He turned around and walked out. I was p*****. Next visit with my internist and I was told he moved immediately after that. Now a decade later I need to track him down. After 2 more spells, I've had two more MRIs and THERE IS EVIDENCE OF A PROBLEM. Now I need a copy of this scan so they can determine -- was this abnormality evident on the earlier scan? If not, they will be able to guage the amount of change and then estimate if I only have 6 to 8 years - or - if some of it was pre-existing, whether any treatment might help. I wonder, was that why he only stated, "we did not find what we were looking for." I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

February 13th, 2013
Highly Recommended
I saw Dr. Croft for a second opinion. He spent more time explaining my diagnosis to my wife and me in a way that I could understand. I appreciated that he made sure that I was informed of all of my treatment options, while respecting my specific needs. Highly recommended!

June 25th, 2012
Very bad experience
I was refered to this doctor. Once I had the appt. I called and cancelled the other. Then three days later I rec a call that the doctor wasn't going to be in the office that day and has to move me back another week!! So I called my primary, well he was now booked up. My prescription was going to run out in the mid of all this. Called Dr. Crofts office to see if they would prescrible a med for the week - until I see him for something that is wrong with nerve on back of left side of neck effecting left arm. This morning I recieve a call that he doesn't prescribe that med, so I need to see a pain mgt. doctor. I am REALLY thinking he thinks I am a drug addict or something. I have never even been in a hospital. I would be VERY careful in making a recommendation to this doctor. Something doesn't seem right to send a patient to another type of doctor without EVER meeting nor looking over reports or anything. Very unprofessional.

November 4th, 2011
One of the best experiences I have had with any neurologist. He took me quickly after arriving and didn't make me feel like I was inconveniencing him when asking questions about my symptoms.

January 23rd, 2011
As Dr. was going over my tests results I would ask questions and he me told not to interrupt him, wait to ask questions when he finished. This immediately put me on the defensive. When he did finish with results he quickly told me we were through and if I needed any future meds to call. I will never return to this Dr. When the high price, strong Rx meds he prescribed for my problem did not help, I asked about using herb meds. He said nothing would work.His attitude was if he couldn't help me then nothing would. Well, I investigated herb meds for my problem and so far they are having a positive effect. Some Dr.'s are so arrogant.Another Dr. who thinks he is God.

April 22nd, 2015