Some ratings provided by DrScore.
iN PAIN FOR LIFE show details iN PAIN FOR LIFE
Feb 19th, 2016

Dr CYR HAS MADE MY WORSE HE MADE ME WORSE THENI WAS I WOULD NEVER GO BACK EVER AGAIN

Aug 28th, 2015

Although I paid double my normal copay I received terrible treatment. I saw a nurse practitioner twice who obviously did not read my chart for either appointment. I am trying to straighten out the lack of service. If not I will be more specific next time I log in.

Repeated failed surgeries. show details Repeated failed surgeries.
by Charlemagne Killough on Feb 8th, 2015

I had to have repeated surgeries, because his failure. He talks like he's perfect.. But he's full of it. Wish I never used him. Never ever follows up.. NEVER.

Nov 21st, 2014

Dr. Cyr is a wonderful, compassionate, and committed surgeon with a proven track record of positive outcomes for his patients. I had a spinal fusion three years ago with a nearly 100% recovery. However, it is unfortunate that I have had a negative experience with his office staff, including the nurse. During the summer, I had an unfortunate situation happen when I fell on my spinal fusion and several months after the accident, I had (and still have) pain around my fusion area (l4-S1). As expected, after the first visit, nurse Ross recommended an MRI and CT scan as well as x-rays. After all was said and done, I didn’t hear anything for a couple of weeks so I made another appointment at the Boerne office, and she reviewed the Radiologists notes during my appointment while I sat and watched. Afterward, she then turned to me and said she didn’t understand his notes, and would need to order a re-read from the Radiologist. At that point she assured me she would follow up with me as soon as she received it, and she would even ask Dr. Cyr to review it himself, and that I would not have to pay for a third visit. Two weeks came and went and nothing. I called and left multiple messages and finally received the call. She explained that the Radiologist had a typo, which made perfect sense, and then that was it. I said, did Dr. Cyr review the MRI? Her response was yes, and that everything looked good. I was quite surprised that she had no recommendation for physical therapy, or a Neurologist or other specialist. This clinic has essentially left me behind as they move forward with their massive amounts of surgical candidates. I find this to be an unacceptable approach to practicing medicine. Moreover, I’m offended by the lack of professionalism that I have received. Nurse Ross was certainly nice but disorganized, unprepared, made unfulfilled promises, and had no recommendation for what to do next. The last thing she said was, "give us a call if you have any problems". Seriously? After some phone calls and other meetings with doctor friends, I am well on my way to working with a more caring, supportive group that can respond to the diverse needs of their patients.

You"ll never see him after surgery. show details You"ll never see him after surgery.
Feb 17th, 2014

If you need surgery, he is great. Eloy is great. Ms Ross should not even be in this field. She is totally incompetent and has no idea what she is doing. Unfortunately, after surgery it is IMPOSSIBLE to schedule an appointment with Dr. Cyr. He will do a complex procedure and give no pain medications, and kick you out of the hospital too soon so they can move more money making patients in. Yes, he is a great surgeon. His office policies and incompetent staff are tiresome. The first review stating "my recovery after my surgery is entirely my responsibility" couldn't be further from the truth. You will need good follow-up, and you will need someone that doesn't only want to see you before surgery. If you need a minimal surgery, go for it. If you need a complex surgery, beware of never seeing him again after he cuts on you. Mixed feelings here.

Mark as Helpful  | 15 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Feb 7th, 2014

Unfortunately Dr. Cyr, being a military Dr., does NOT see Tricare Prime patients. How very very sad is this?! I guess he is going for the $$.... Very very disappointing.

Dr Steven Cyr show details Dr Steven Cyr
by dp on Dec 5th, 2013

I've known Dr Steven Cyr one year, I'm currently under his care and making the decision to have lower spinal surgery. Twelve years ago I had spinal fusion on C5/C6 and C6/C7, so I understand success requires an outstanding surgeon and personal commitment to therapy and health after the procedure. I'm certain Steven Cyr is the outstanding surgeon to perform this procedure on my spine, but the determination and focus on therapy, health and healing after surgery is fully my responsibility. I find Dr Cyr's conservativatism regarding the recommendation to have the surgery, prescribing the accurate and correct amount of medication and the consideration he willingly gives shows true experience and dedication for his patients. Steven Cyr is a very busy man; dedicated to helping people, giving to the San Antonio community and loving his family. However, when Dr Cyr consults with me as a patient, Steve is laser focused on my well being and the procedure required to get me back in the gym at 100%.

Wow show details Wow
Oct 2nd, 2012

This doctor is to busy so they pass you around in there group till they can really figure out what is wrong.

Great surgeon.....but show details Great surgeon.....but
May 16th, 2012

Excellent surgeon. However, they need to be careful in expectation setting to family members. Able to run jump and play post operative is not the same for all patients. Some of us older people do not heal as well as others and to go cold turkey of pain medications one has been on 5 years prior to surgery is not well understood. A good pain doctor would have been helpful. But again being out of town is a problem.Keep in mind the physicians in Texas are PARANOID about pain medications. Thanks to the illegal pill mills. Getting pain medications when your surgeon is in another city is not easy.Also, if from out of town and you have a 12 hour procedure and 3 month recovery it is not always easy to travel and get an an appointment on Tuesdays and Thursdays.Despite that! EXCELLENT SURGEON!!!!

Dec 1st, 2011

Thank God for Dr, Cyr. I had surgery on my shoulder 2 months ago....My surgoen spends less than five minutes with me, i went today for my knee, he though i was going back for a follow up on my shoulder?????? no comunicaion on he staff. so now i have to go back in one month..... He is a good surgen but he does not spend he time to see how u r feeling, five minutes and he is gone to the next patient....I LOVE DR CYR,yes u wait an hour or maybe two i waited four hours, and i will do it again, im having surgery on my spine and he spend a lot of time with me and my husband, he explain step by step the procidure and he answear all our questions, so if u want the best.....he is the best,so it is worth the wait.

Apr 25th, 2011

I saw Dr Cyr a few months ago for a neck issue. He took a lot of time with me and was very informative. I was really touched by all of the testimonials from patients on his web site. Has a very good reputation as a surgeon and is the highest trained spine surgeon in San Antonio! I will only go to him for surgery.

Feb 24th, 2011

I waited over 2 hours, wow! This clinic is run by morons. The dr is good but his staff is horrible. They acted annoyed that I asked how much longer at the hour and a half mark. On top of that I was seen by a family nurse practitioner. Again the doctor is a life saver but his practice is garbage. Trust me see a different doctor with competent and correctly trained staff.

Dr. Cyr gave me my life back!!! show details Dr. Cyr gave me my life back!!!
Sep 15th, 2010

Low back pain was a 9 out of 10! Cervical pain was a 10 our of 10...after Dr. Cyr my pain is 0 on both. I have seen 2 orthopedic surgeons in San Antonio and 1 neurosurgeon, nothing worked for me until some divine intervention occured and I found Steven Cyr! Some people do not care if you can bond with your surgeon or not...I DO. Not only did I feel immediate relief upon waking up after surgery, I could talk to him. He took the time to see me, he did not send a resident to check me out after surgery. What an exceptional, personable,gifted remarkable surgeon. See Dr Cyr, he is San Antonio's newest gem in the world of Orthopedic Spine!!!

by Edee Stephens on Jun 1st, 2010

Dr. Cyr was great! His bedside manner and his ability to communicate was outstanding. He took time to just talk to us and even had the time to answer my eight year old boy's questions! Not many doctors would do that. His diagnosis was right on the money. We would definitely recommend him to all.

Great Dr and staff show details Great Dr and staff
by Monica Enriquez on Sep 22nd, 2009

I have had two procedures with Dr. Cyr and his partner Eloy Castaneda. I have had great success and have always been treated with respect and courtesy. Your waiting time before an appointment might be long but it's well worth it. They take their time asking questions and getting to know their patients and don't try to rush exams which is why sometimes you have to wait. When they get to you they treat you like family not just another case. I have recommended these doctors to my friends and family and they have never pressured anyone into having unneeded procedures.

by dylan4consideration on Mar 31st, 2009

Dr. Cyr did a 3 level fusion on my neck. I am still healing, but feeling much better already. I spent two years going to doctors who acted like I was wasting their time. Dr. Cyr spent plenty of time with me before my surgery answering all my questions, and even when I was being prepped for surgery he made sure I was comfortable with the procedure. He is very confident and compassionate, never leaving you feeling unsure. I am going to need another procedure done and feel secure with him and his team.

One of the best Orthopedics Doctor. show details One of the best Orthopedics Doctor.
by Cynthia Quinones on Oct 22nd, 2008

I have had a few surgerys with Dr. Cyr and he is one of the best doctor's I have been to in a long time. He ended up doing surgery on me when nobody wanted to, and I really appreciated it very mcuh. I am doing very well and he give me the time I need when I go see him, he's the best.