Dr. Steven De Jong MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 22nd, 2015
Wonderful doctor and staff. We have the utmost confidence in Dr. DeJong. He explains everything so we can understand the illness and what he can do to "fix" the problem. He has even reviewed testing ordered by another physician who was not returning our calls. He is a class act!

July 22nd, 2014
The best in the game! Super knowledgable, courteous, and explains everything in great detail.

May 5th, 2013
Disappointed
I was seen by Dr DeJong in 2010 for a thyroidectomy. 1st of all I was told that he was the only dr at Loyola who did thyroidectomy. I found this hard to believe since Loyola is such a known hospital in Chicago. I was farmed out to a different hospital (due to insurance) until DeJong was back in town & available. He did great work when he did my thyroidectomy. I am a fireman who had tyroid & lymph node cancer. I asked DeJong if my cancer could've been related to my hazardous job, he said, "no". I have come to learn that he was wrong, but he was so sure that he was right. I started to lose faith in him. I was referred to him again for a painful lump in my armpit that was causing numbness in my fingers & nerve pain in my arm. With my history of cancer I was told that I should see an oncologist. But before oncology would see me they wanted me to have a biopsy of this lump to see if it was cancerous or not. DeJong told me to wait, it had already been 4 mths. I couldn't take the pain anymore & he wanted me to wait longer. I was disappointed again with him. His surgical work is good. But I have learned that I can't trust him 100%. I have found a surgeon who was willing to help my painful situation & who cared enough to want to find out if it was cancer or not. Sorry Dr DeJong, but you did this to yourself. You're not always right, eventho everyone tells you that you are.

October 31st, 2012
I had a biopsy 10 days ago and haven't heard from the Dr. I have left 3 messages with the nurses triage. I'm hoping its good news, but would like to know that!!

October 8th, 2011
easy to speak with and explains things thoroughly in language you can understand

August 13th, 2011