Surgeons
Video profile
East LA
USC Care Medical Group Inc.
1510 San Pablo St
Los Angeles, CA 90033
(800) 872-2273
Locations and availability (1)

|  Nissan Surgery  |  show details
by Deborah on Jul 21st, 2013

Dr. DeMeester's office schedulers are not professional and I waited for weeks to get my tests and surgeries approved and scheduled. I made several calls and finally got my own approvals. Dr. DeMeester himself was a wonderful doctor once we did the redo surgery for GERDS. The first surgery was a disaster. I do not blame him. Just waiting to get help from the first surgery took over five months. Once I was able to get back in to him everything was taken care of and his surgery was successful. He took more time w/me on the second surgery and I rec'd better care. I would recommend him highly but warn you about his staff.

Jan 12th, 2012

USC has the worst administrative service. I will never go there again or reccomend them. I had one scheduling problem after another and terrible wait times.

|  Not good for me  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

Never returned my calls. Saw him once in 2006 and I called several times after the visit. He said he could help me. Then he forgot about me. I have notes from my chart stating my problems and finding no relief. I kept calling for follow up. He then has a nurse call several weeks later to set up some testing. I saw him beginning Oct 2006 and he replies Dec 2006. In his reply he says he has a new nurse and that was the reason his office was out of mode. I was told my bill would be written off as all he did was see me and write something up and in the meantime because his office was out of the mode I had to get another meeting with another doctor. It is now 2011 and I have a collector asking for over 300 dollars now! What a horrible man and experience! I hate this man!

|  Saved My Dad's Life  |  show details
by Lisa Marie Gonzales on Oct 28th, 2010

Steven DeMeester has renewed my faith in the medical profession. He is the best doctor I have had the pleasure of dealing with. He responded to email's on holiday's, in the middle of the night, weekends, you name it, he was there. My family and I went through a very difficult 4 years caring for my critically ill Father and Dr. Demeester made a terrible time so much easier to handle. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is a champion and a hero in my book!

|  He saved my husband's life.  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2010

My husband was sent home to die by his physician. Luckily I found Dr. Demeester and he performed surgery on my husband's lungs. It will be 12 years ago this Thanksgiving and my husband is alive, well, and still cancer-free. He is the best.

|  Second Opinion  |  show details
by Barry C. Hope on Jan 5th, 2010

First opinion for treatment of diagnosed Intramuscal Adenocarcnoma of the Esophogas recommended chemotherapy/radiation therapy followed by Surgery.I was seen by Dr. Demeester for a second opinion and he recommended Surgery without pre Chemotherapy/radiation therapy. He performed an Esophagectomy and Gastric Pullup on me on October 6, 2003. He was very attentive during my post-op care and especially effective in addressing a life-threatening aspiration of fluids.He was not only an obviously highly trained and knowledgeable Surgeon and Physician, but was also warm, friendly, comforting and informative.I don't think that another Doctor could have given me better care!I have been tumor free now for over 6 years.Thank you, Dr. Demeester!

Jul 6th, 2009

I would recommend Dr.S. Demeester. I'm very happy that I found him.

Mar 31st, 2009

I was diagnosed with cancer in January 2007. The doctor who made the diagnoses recommended I see Dr. DeMeester who performed an esophagectomy in February. Considering the complexity and invasiveness of the surgery I had minimal problems during recovery, and I'm doing very well now.I was very impressed by Dr. DeMeester and his staff and would recommend him to anyone needing his survices.

|  Nissen Fundoplication  |  show details
by Barney Krinsky on Mar 28th, 2009

Three months ago Dr Steven DeMeester performed a laproscopic fundoplication operation on me. I am extremely pleased with the results. I have Barrett's esophagous. My two older brothers had esophageal cancer. One was operated on by Dr Tom DeMeester and one by Dr Steve DeMeester. Both were diagnosed after developing full stage cancer and had esophagectomies. I discussed my Barrett's with Dr Steve DeMeester and following a set of comprehensive tests it was clear that the combination of my symptoms and family history strongly favored having the operation. I recommend Dr DeMeester without reservation for anyone suffering with GERD symptoms or who have had a result of an endoscopy exam that indicates a problem of the esophagous.

by Norma Kramer on Nov 20th, 2008

Dr Steven DeMeester has performed a Nissan Fundoplication that corrected one done by another surgeon that had failed. He also is treating me for Barrets Esophagus, a pre-cancerous condition. I have the utmost confidence in Dr. DeMeester, and recemmend him to anyone with severe Reflux or Barrets Esophagus.