Dr. Steven Donatello MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Milwaukee, WI

3.9

April 6th, 2017
Dr. Donatello and his staff are not only caring, they make you feel like your at home with family who truly cares. I've never had a bad experience with any of his treatments, injections or surgeries and, I've had a few! I can't say enough about him and is experienced team!

June 16th, 2016
Perfect Pain MD
Dr. Donatello is an extremely intelligent MD. He is well versed in diagnosing pain issues and knows how to deal with them. He treats his patients to the best of his ability.

January 29th, 2016
Dr. Donatello is a phenomenal man. He is, by far and away, the kindest, most patient, and honest MD that I have ever been seen by. If you have to wait to be seen it is only because Dr. Donatello leaves no stone unturned and gives each and every patient he sees every opportunity to ask questions about their care and does not end your appointment until he knows for certain that you understand every Avenue of treatment available, and the benefits of each, until you can comfortably make informed decisions regarding your pain management. I am a happier healthier man because of his guidance.

October 16th, 2015
Dr. Donatello is wonderful
He is a wonderful physician and a very kind person.

May 13th, 2014
CREEPY, then DISMISSED ME when I called him on it
Came in for neck pain, this guy kept touching me way too much even after the exam, and not just on my neck. I told him directly that touching made me uncomfortable. He talked about some tests and injections but offered no immediate relief of pain that was keeping me off work. When I asked him about this, he said I was "not appropriate for pain medication" but would not explain why. I have never taken any prescription pain pills and have no addiction history. He then told me that I should find another doctor if I only wanted pain pills. I never said that to him! I think he just didn't like that I didn't find his touching flattering. Big ego, not helpful or ethical, also his NURSE IS RUDE or antisocial.

May 2nd, 2014
THE best!
I have been seeing Doc D for 9 years now. I have had 5 joint replacements, and a cervical discectomy and fusion. He has seen me through all of these procedure with stellar style. He ALWAYS makes sure I have what I need. All phone calls and test results are returned very promptly. I am SO sad to know his Nurse, Miss Pat, will no longer be at the Green Bay Road clinic. She also, was wonderful. I have never found another doc like him, and probably never will.

March 27th, 2014
amazing doctor
I would recommend bDr. Donatello to everyone!!! I have been going to see him for 6 years, and I feel he is an amazing doctor, and I pray that he doesn't ever leave the area. He is very easy to talk to. Very nice staff. He has a great bed side manner and always takes the time to answer all of your questions and concerns. The staff is very nice and easy to get along with.

July 10th, 2013
LONG time patient
Unfortunately I went too long. Problem NEVER improved. Phone calls not returned, if lucky maybe by the next week. All staff wonderful with the exception of the RN. Could care less attitude. First couple of years were great, then downhill rapidly. The six people I referred have also sought help elsewhere. Waiting time 10-45 minutes. On four occasions after waiting one half to ONE full hour, I had to go to the secretary's desk to ask if anyone knew that I was there.

June 6th, 2013
Awesome bedside manner!
I had to get 6 treatments that were very scary! Dr. Donatello was always on time, [very compassionate, and I did not have insurance so he even helped reduce my bills. I still see him, as I am still recovering even though his office is over an hour away. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

April 24th, 2013
Egotistical doctor, rude staff, bad experience
Looking to transfer to a clinic closer to my work and home, but this clinic is not worth the convenience. Very rude nurse, either that or she's very depressed, made me very uncomfortable. When I tried to convey this to the doctor, he was very defensive. After that he just treated me with a bad attitude.

February 12th, 2013
An asset to pain management
After having treated with a med pushing doctor for over 5 years it as a relief to switch to Dr Donatello. Rather than pushing meds he has come up with treatment options that WORK. He is not afraid to admit when he is outside of his comfort zone as far as treatment is concerned (I have T spine issues that he referred me to a specialist for). He doesn't just treat my chronic pain but is also concerned about my over all well being and stress levels (as stress attributes to increased pain levels). He is always prompt, I've never had to wait more than a couple minutes to be seen. Where as other doctors have made me wait hours past my scheduled appointment time. After two spinal surgeries and over 6 years of living with daily pain and receiving shoddy at best medical care it was a breath of fresh air to begin treatment with Dr Donatello and finally hear that there are alternatives to surgery that can and do help my condition.

January 25th, 2013
Did Not Help, Staff is Unfriendly
Offered surgery as only option and would not call me back to discuss any other options for treatment. Felt that he dismissed me because I am a middle-aged woman with chronic back pain. I would like to avoid surgery and have found another doctor who empathizes and is willing to help me with that plan. This doctor, I think, is very afraid that everyone is a drug addict. A valid concern but to treat everyone like that and not help with pain management ... why be in this profession then?