Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

• Currently 2.4761904761905 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Stay away from this doctor  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2014

This man has almost zero interpersonal skills. He left me sitting in a hospital room promising surgery while instead handling his more profitable elective surgeries. Then, yelled at me when i dared to question things. No bedside manner. He's only about money. If you can, run - don't walk - from this man.

|  Excellent all around service  |  show details
Jun 5th, 2014

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Drayer since 1998. Between multiple ankle fractures that raised questions about an underlying illness that was never even considered by the pediatrician to a foot fracture in young child that continued to complain about pain, Dr. Drayer has provided excellent care and spent an inordinate amount of time to find the cause of the pain (additional fractures that were invisible by x-ray at first) and fix the problem(s). Dr. Drayer speaks in an easy to understand manner using layman's terms that even a 6-year-old child can understand and he is even funny. Follow his instructions after surgery, you are golden. Weigh the options he gives you for treatment - it is your choice on what to have done. The man knows his stuff! Staff is excellent (Mary and Sheila ROCK!)! The rotating PT staff there to help with range of motion measurements for a more definitive diagnosis is something you cannot obtain at every orthopedic doctor's office.

|  Would never reccomend this doctor  |  show details
by Jane Doe on Oct 4th, 2013

Dr. Drayer was the only doctor on staff at Sparrow when I broke my arm, he was rude to my family and I. At follow up appointments at this office he was rude, did not listen to my complaint of pain, and missed a shoulder injury (that another doctor discovered by listening to my signs and symptoms). Dr Drayer was more concerned with my the type of health insurance I had and how much he was going to be paid. Total jerk and would never recommend him. Ever.

|  Sparrow's Unfortunate Choice  |  show details
May 28th, 2013

Drayer was the Surgeon on duty at Sparrow the day my 73 year old mother was struck by a truck while walking. Her 9 month follow up she was told...."there is nothing wrong with you." These remarks were made PRIOR to his exam of her. Her clavicle was shattered. She spent 5 days in the hospital. She has a 9 inch metal rod and 12 screws inside her...and guess what Dr. Drayer, she has PAIN. Not to mention, his exam rooms are disgustingly filthy.

|  I no longer walk with a cane :)  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2012

Dr. Drayer tried everything to avoid total knee replacement but it was unavoidable. The staff and Dr. Drayer where wonderful made me laugh at a though time in my life with the pain I was living with. Thank you for giving me my life back. Have had both knees replaced and no longer walk with a cane.

May 26th, 2012

Dr. Drayer would not listen to me diagnosed my problem all wrong did a surgery that was not needed which made my original complaint even more complicated to correct have seen 2 specialists and on my way to a third since seeing Dr. Drayer.

|  Horrible bedside manner  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

You get the feeling that he is just there to cut you, make his money and be off to the next patient. No alternative suggestions were made to surgery. 2nd opinion revealed his diagnosis was WAY off. 3rd opinion backed up the 2nd. Both other doctors did not have high opinion of Drayer. Issue fixed WITHOUT surgery!

Nov 21st, 2011

Follow up care was pitiful. I had to have two additional surgeries after the initial surgery and still have pain 6 months afterwards and two courses of painful PT. I have done EXACTLY as I was told to do by the staff and now am being refused treatment and am seeking help from another source. I have been seeing Dr. Drayer for many years and many surgeries but this is the last. I would not recommend him to anyone. His bedside manner stinks.

|  The ONLY Surgeon that I'll have  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Drayer for over 7 years now & I'm 43. He is awesome. Takes the path of least resistence first - doesn't just grab the knife. He is AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME and has a great staff backing him. I should say TEAM, b/c that is what they are - a great TEAM!

Oct 13th, 2010

I had a total knee replacement in February and am going in for shoulder work (torn rotator cuff) Oct 25. Dr. Drayer, Lisa, everyone I've had contact with in this office has been wonderful. Love the x-ray gal too. I have gotten excellent care and would recommend Dr. Drayer to anyone needing orthopedic surgery!

Nov 16th, 2009

Pretty much Dr. Drayer never actually tried to see how well i was recovering and checking my abilities he just went by the book and assumed i was progressing at the same rate with most people with my condition had, and never really looked into what i could do and couldn't. none of my other docotors or physical therapist could understand the restrictions he was placing on me.

May 6th, 2009

Dr. Drayer is like a angel, and I rate him as the best doctor ever. He saved my life. I will forever be grateful, and I will never forget, it will stay with me forever in my heart.

May 13th, 2006 on yahoo.com

Orthopedic Surgeon: Dr. Drayer and his staff are wonderful! I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com