3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Mar 25th, 2016

Rudest Doctor I've ever encountered

1000% successful hip replacement show details 1000% successful hip replacement
by Jon Orr on Mar 8th, 2016

I'm so glad to say I got my life back after 19 years of pain & inactivity due to a degenerative bone disease in my left hip since 1997. Now I’m 52, & @ the1 year anniversary after full hip replacement. I am exercising again, lifting weights and playing full court basketball, chopping wood, very active with my kids....all 100% pain free. I had no choice but to trust Dr. Drayer (more than once) and he did not let me down. I wish I’d done this years ago. I never realized how much pain I was living with. God has blessed me with a new life!

by Karen Gray on Feb 5th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Drayer's for 15 years and have had knee replacement on both knees and a complete right shoulder replacement and feel so much better. I recommend Dr. Drayer to a lot of people that are having orthopedic issues. He is the kind of doctor that you do what he tells you to do after surgery and you will have great results. His office staff are great and friendly.

Okay by us! show details Okay by us!
Jan 22nd, 2016

We have had five surgeries with Dr. Drayer and have been pleased with each of them, even though a couple of injuries were beyond repair. The man is a good surgeon and we will be going back for sixth and seventh surgeries with him. However, if you are looking for someone to coddle you, hold your hand, etc., he is not the doctor for you. He is a no-nonsense, straightforward man who wants to help you, not babysit. His manner is brisk, but not unfriendly, so decide what you want from your surgeon.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Nov 18th, 2015

Dr. Drayer did not address the issue of my soreness in my leg a year after hip replacement. Made me feel like this never happen to any of his patients before.

Stay away from this doctor show details Stay away from this doctor
Jul 9th, 2014

This man has almost zero interpersonal skills. He left me sitting in a hospital room promising surgery while instead handling his more profitable elective surgeries. Then, yelled at me when i dared to question things. No bedside manner. He's only about money. If you can, run - don't walk - from this man.

Excellent all around service show details Excellent all around service
Jun 5th, 2014

My family and I have been seeing Dr. Drayer since 1998. Between multiple ankle fractures that raised questions about an underlying illness that was never even considered by the pediatrician to a foot fracture in young child that continued to complain about pain, Dr. Drayer has provided excellent care and spent an inordinate amount of time to find the cause of the pain (additional fractures that were invisible by x-ray at first) and fix the problem(s). Dr. Drayer speaks in an easy to understand manner using layman's terms that even a 6-year-old child can understand and he is even funny. Follow his instructions after surgery, you are golden. Weigh the options he gives you for treatment - it is your choice on what to have done. The man knows his stuff! Staff is excellent (Mary and Sheila ROCK!)! The rotating PT staff there to help with range of motion measurements for a more definitive diagnosis is something you cannot obtain at every orthopedic doctor's office.

Would never reccomend this doctor show details Would never reccomend this doctor
by Jane Doe on Oct 4th, 2013

Dr. Drayer was the only doctor on staff at Sparrow when I broke my arm, he was rude to my family and I. At follow up appointments at this office he was rude, did not listen to my complaint of pain, and missed a shoulder injury (that another doctor discovered by listening to my signs and symptoms). Dr Drayer was more concerned with my the type of health insurance I had and how much he was going to be paid. Total jerk and would never recommend him. Ever.

I no longer walk with a cane :) show details I no longer walk with a cane :)
Jul 28th, 2012

Dr. Drayer tried everything to avoid total knee replacement but it was unavoidable. The staff and Dr. Drayer where wonderful made me laugh at a though time in my life with the pain I was living with. Thank you for giving me my life back. Have had both knees replaced and no longer walk with a cane.

May 26th, 2012

Dr. Drayer would not listen to me diagnosed my problem all wrong did a surgery that was not needed which made my original complaint even more complicated to correct have seen 2 specialists and on my way to a third since seeing Dr. Drayer.

Horrible bedside manner show details Horrible bedside manner
Mar 20th, 2012

You get the feeling that he is just there to cut you, make his money and be off to the next patient. No alternative suggestions were made to surgery. 2nd opinion revealed his diagnosis was WAY off. 3rd opinion backed up the 2nd. Both other doctors did not have high opinion of Drayer. Issue fixed WITHOUT surgery!

Nov 21st, 2011

Follow up care was pitiful. I had to have two additional surgeries after the initial surgery and still have pain 6 months afterwards and two courses of painful PT. I have done EXACTLY as I was told to do by the staff and now am being refused treatment and am seeking help from another source. I have been seeing Dr. Drayer for many years and many surgeries but this is the last. I would not recommend him to anyone. His bedside manner stinks.

The ONLY Surgeon that I'll have show details The ONLY Surgeon that I'll have
Jul 6th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Drayer for over 7 years now & I'm 43. He is awesome. Takes the path of least resistence first - doesn't just grab the knife. He is AT THE TOP OF HIS GAME and has a great staff backing him. I should say TEAM, b/c that is what they are - a great TEAM!

Nov 16th, 2009

Pretty much Dr. Drayer never actually tried to see how well i was recovering and checking my abilities he just went by the book and assumed i was progressing at the same rate with most people with my condition had, and never really looked into what i could do and couldn't. none of my other docotors or physical therapist could understand the restrictions he was placing on me.

May 6th, 2009

Dr. Drayer is like a angel, and I rate him as the best doctor ever. He saved my life. I will forever be grateful, and I will never forget, it will stay with me forever in my heart.