Dr. Steven Brooks MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology New York, NY

4.7

March 16th, 2016
muy buen doctor.
El doctor opero a mi esposo de estrabismo y quedo super bien. Gracias por su buen trabajo. El mejor.....

November 28th, 2013
Amazing insight at the first appointment, within 15 minutes!
He saw the most obvious problem of my condition; esotropia, due to neglect, mismanagement and more. At the first appointment, he put an "Exotropic" prism patch on my right eyeglass. My whole world opened up - after 30 plus years, suffering from Esotropia from failed surgeries, failed cataract procedures; unconcerned doctors or they were simply not knowledgeable enough to help me. I look forward to more quality insigits and knowledge from Dr. Brooks.

December 4th, 2012
Awesome
Dr. Brooks is wonderful. I've been dealing with an alignment issue with my eyes for quite some time now and he was able to perform surgery to fix it. I've always been very self conscious of this issue, but Dr. Brooks reassured me that it's quite common. The surgery/recovery was as easy as he promised it would be. Thank you, Dr. Brooks!

July 25th, 2012
Dr. Brooks now see our entire family and he is wonderful. He is very competent and is an excellent doctor. I would highly recommend him.

July 20th, 2012
Dr. Brooks is a very good Ophthalmologist.I was first sent to him by my pediatrician. My youngest son is autistic and he injured his eye pretty bad resulting in several trips back to the Dr. He was great w/my son. Since then we all use him, my oldest son, myself and husband. I would certainly recommend this Dr. Brooks.

May 18th, 2012
Dr. Brooks was so great with my Six month old. After an awful experience somewhere else when my son was only a month old I was extremely nervous. Dr. Brooks was kind and gentle with my son and explained what he was doing throughout the process. Not one tear was shed and I am so happy we found him!

March 1st, 2012
Very positive experience. I had researched Dr. Brooks and he has a truly impressive school/training background. I had an eye muscle issue that I had been told by several eye doctors over the years that nothing could be done. Dr. Brooks did surgery on my eye and it is now straight. It has made a huge difference in the way I feel about myself. Staff very friendly and professional. Hope this doctor stays in Augusta for a long time.

November 1st, 2011
RN
Dr brooks has been following my eldest daughter for approximately 16 years for specialized eye care . we absolutely love his bedside manner, his professionalism and his care. He now sees our whole family and we'd go no where else!

September 6th, 2011
BEST PHYSICIAN ALL AROUND!!
Dr Brooks not only sees ALL 3 of our children but my husband and myself as well... He has done an eye surgery on me and was absolutely 100% caring and just amazing!!!!

August 29th, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Brooks for 4 years now (I asked at check out). The thing I really like is that you can talk to him. He acts like a regular guy, but his medical education is top notch. I saw his diploma from Johns Hopkins medical school. The staff is nice too. Today when I needed to be seen (bad eye infection), they got me in by calling other patients who hadn't called back to say they could come. They called me back in 15 minutes and I got in and was seen within 15 minutes of coming in the door.

May 23rd, 2011
Dr. Brooks is a wonderful doctor in terms of diagnosing and treating patients. However, his staff is very much the opposite in terms of manners and courteousness. His staff at the front desk are exceptionally rude, expressing frustration over the smallest things and treating patients (or their parents) as if they were children or plain stupid. Their frustration is not over insurance policies or such, but simple things such as "Why is my appointment a different time than what I was notified as by phone?" In addition, they treated my mother terribly when she made a phone call once, as they belittled her for being unable to comprehend English. My mother has lived in this country for over 20 years and can understand English perfectly, possibly better than that of the staff- in addition, who are they to be so rude to a patient who had a simple question? They are very unprofessional and discourteous. Dr. Brooks is a wonderful doctor, but I suggest he finds better staff.

October 23rd, 2010
This Dr. is AWESOME!!!!
I HAVE TWO SONS AND BOTH ARE PATIENTS OF DR. BROOKS. ONE OF MY SONS BEGAN WEARING GLASSES AT 22 MONTHS OLD AND THE OTHER SON BEGAN WEARING GLASSES AT 5YRS OLD. DR. BROOKS PERFORMED SURGERY ON BOTH SONS. MOST MOTHER'S ARE TOTALLY WORRIED AND SCARED WHEN THEIR CHILD HAS SURGERY AT SUCH A YOUNG AGE,NOT TO MENTION THEIR VERY FIRST SURGERY. HOWEVER, WITH DR. BROOKS,MY HUSBAND AND I BOTH WERE COMPLETELY AT PEACE. THE ONLY WORRY WE HAD WAS, WOULD WE MAKE IT TO THE HOSPITAL ON TIME THE MORNING OF THEIR SURGERIES. DR.BROOKS HAS NEVER "RUSHED" THRU HIS APPOINMENTS,NEVER "IGNORED" OR "LAUGHED" AT MY QUESTIONS,REGUARDLESS IF WAS A QUESTION ABOUT "WHAT TO EXPECT TOMORROW,NEXT WEEK",NOR WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN THEY ARE GROWN". MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE INDEED REFERRED FOUR PARENTS, WITH ONE OF THOSE FAMILIES BEING FROM VIDALIA AREA!NEEDLESS TO SAY, THEY WERE COMPLETELY SATISFIED,ONLY REGRET THEY HAD WAS NOT CHANGING TO DR.BROOKS SOONER! I WILL NEVER CHANGE OPHTHALMOLOGIST AS LONG AS HE IS PRACTICING,WITH GIGANTIC HOPES THAT DR.BROOKS WILL BE PRACTICING WHEN THEY ARE GROWN!!! DR.BROOKS,YOU DEFINATELY HAVE BOTH THUMBS UP FROM US, AS WELL AS HATS OFF TO YOU! THANK YOU SINCERELY & THE VERY BEST OF WISHES TO YOU!!!