Dr. Steven Faber MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 9th, 2016
I recently had a EGD and colonoscopy performed by Dr Faber. I could not have had any better care. Dr Faber and his staff are awesome. He acts as though you are the only patient he is seeing during the office visit. He explained everything he was going to do and answered any questions I had. Dr Faber has the best bedside manner. He talks to you not at you. I would recommend Dr Faber for any gastro problems one might have. He's the BEST.

March 8th, 2016
Excellent care without a half days' drive
After receiving infusions at the local hospital for over 15 years, my primary insurance refused to pay for more. ONLY due to the persistence of Dr. Faber and Sherry, of his staff, was I able to be approved, for my full dose, of a drug that has given me a much better quality of life for so long. This physician and his staff are some of the most caring people I've known in the medical field. They WILL help you with your gastro. problems with the utmost consideration. I have an ugly illness, but have been fortunate to have such wonderful people to help.

October 14th, 2015
Dr Faber said to schedule a 2 week follow up after my unnecessary colonoscopy however I guess the staff can't count they made the appointment for 30 days and then when I called to confirm the appointment they told me that they had cancelled everyones appointments because the nurse quit. WOW! Had blood drawn to test for Celiac disease, test come back abnormal (showed up on my patient portal) However was told that my blood work was normal by the office! Was told I had IBS by Dr Faber. I knew there was something severely wrong with me, I was in too much pain at that time. But when I took the same lab work to my family doctor he said DO not eat anymore food with Gluten in it and you will be fine. I think this Doctors office just likes to shake down everyone' insurance company! That's why whether you need it or not if you come to him you are getting a colonoscopy and an EDG done, and then told nothing is wrong with you so he can run some more insurance money up. Feel very violated now, in more ways than one. What a jerk playing with peoples lives and pain. You go in there with severe abdominal pain and the front desk schedules you an appointment for 60 days later. Hows that for caring about your patients?

September 3rd, 2015
THE BEST DOCTOR EVER!!!
Dr. Faber obviously loves his job and cares about his patients. His early diagnosis of my dear husband's cancer very probably saved his life!

July 20th, 2015
As far as routine colonoscopies go, I could not have asked for a smoother experience from the initial appointment through the actual procedure.

February 18th, 2015
the most compassionate dr i have ever met really cares about you and takes his time listening to you..been going to him over 15 years i think it is.

September 9th, 2014
I would not recommend going to Dr. Faber. I waited for over 1.5 hours and finally went to the front desk and was rudely told I may have to wait another hour. I was told this is standard wait time in their practice. There were 10 patients waiting and I was told he was backed up with patients waiting in the back for colonoscopies. My sister said she waited 3 hours for hers. I feel they over book patients.

September 2nd, 2014
Medical Staff versus the Office Staff....Medical Staff...Awesome...Office Staff...?????
The service and care by Dr. Faber and his immediate medical staff is awesome. However this office staff has flaws. My first appointment was scheduled for an upper EGD and they had be scheduled for an colonoscopy and even after I filled out the initial paper work at the front window and explained them the error, once in the room, I was asked to sign documentation for an colonoscopy and again, I shared with the nurse there has been some error. Finally getting the correct scheduled procedure straightened out,all went well. Then I were to schedule a follow up upper EGD procedure which I did and come to find out the day of the procedure, they did not have me scheduled at all anywhere on that day, week or month. Very frustrating. Office staff can learn a lot from the medical staff. I love the medical staff, but the office staff...like I stated in the beginning...has flaws. I know we are all busy, and I keep asking myself...are these common errors or individuals not following through or not paying attention to detail. Leaves me shaking my head....wondering...

July 25th, 2014
Haven't met the Dr. Very disappointed with first visit.
I went to see Dr. Fabre with a referral from my GP. Instead I got the nurse who was nice enough, took my vitals, and asked me about my general discomfort. Then I was escorted to the front desk, given an appointment for a colonoscopy (in September) and sent on my way. When I asked if that was my complete exam I was told "we can't fix diarrhea with surgery". I left felt stupid, embarrassed, and frustrated. No Dr, no plan or information about what would be next. No tests (except colonoscopy in September, a month + from now. I won't be going back.

June 22nd, 2014
Caring physician
Great, caring physician. Has been snipping polyps out of me for 6 years. Great skill, friendly bedside manner and up on all the latest techniques.

March 19th, 2014
My Amazing Experience
I was very nervous about this procedure, this being my first one and all. But I am was impressed with the Dr. and staff!! They were so friendly and informative. I was even shocked to see the Dr. come in the waiting room and apologize himself for the extended wait time. And then when I was taken back the staff was so nice to me and even listened when I told them they would be better off putting an IV in my hand than arm! The Dr. again came in and apologized for the wait and thanked me for being patient! I have NEVER seen that ever!! They were so nice made me feel comfortable and not nervous at all. I would highly recommend his office to anyone that needed any kind of procedure like mine!!

February 19th, 2014
Residential Counselor
Dr. Faber has been great each time I have been to his office. I have gone to him on four occasions and he and his staff have been awesome each and every time. Even though I now live 2.5 hours away I will be going to him again in the near future as it is certainly worth the 5 hour round trip to receive the service I have received at his practice. Thanks Dr. Faber and your awesome staff.