Dr. Steven Fein MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 13th, 2017
Disappointed
After reading good reviews, my expectations were high. I was highly disappointed. My appointment was rescheduled twice due to the doctors schedule. When I was finally able to get in, I was stuck with the PA. She was pleasant, but not the doctor I had requested and paid to see. After my appointment, I scheduled my colonoscopy. I was asked to pay over $500.00 for my colonoscopy, even though I assured them that my insurance pays 100%. I asked her when my insurance paid, how long would it be for them to refund my card. The girl scheduling assured me it would be 45 days. Against my better judgement, I scheduled my colonoscopy. My procedure was rescheduled three time due to Dr Fein's schedule. The office staff did not seem to care about my frustration. I finally made it to my colonoscopy day, and waited, and waited, and waited. I was told to be there at 8 am and I was not seen until after noon. The staff and the surgery center told me this was a common practice for Dr Fein and his office. They had no idea where he was, nor did his office. My husband called his office as well to get an estimated time that I would be seen. Again, his office was clueless and seemed annoyed that he had even called them. Here we are four months later, my insurance has paid (100% by the way), and I still have not received my refund. I have called the office numerous times and have not even received a call back. I would not recommend this office to any family member or friend. Since, this ordeal, my husband and I have found a new gastroenterologist right down the street and have had no issues. My advice, please do your research and read all comments, maybe even visit the office before going in for an actual appointment. The staff tell a lot about a place.

June 27th, 2016
This Gastro Doc is top notch in my book!
I've been using Dr. Fein for quite a few years now and I have always been pleased with my treatments and procedures. Dr. Fein and his staff are always very professional, happy and nice (personable) to my husband (who is also a patient here) and to me. Dr. Fein has a superb bedside manner. However, do allow plenty of time for office appointments and procedures... sometimes there can be a wait. But it's because Dr. Fein has an extremely busy practice. He's good and worth the wait, in my opinion. He is usually apologetic if you do have to wait and running behind schedule is never something that is intentional. However, it does happen. And realize that on your first visit (and sometimes subsequent visits) you may be seen by Dr. Fein's Certified Physician Assistant. Dr. Fein is always the person who gives me my test results, treatment advice and follow up phone calls after having a procedure. He cares about his patients and wants you to feel better.

July 17th, 2015
My grandmother came in for her colonoscopy prep appointment and all of the staff was extremely kind and friendly especially the physicians assistant!

April 10th, 2015
THE BEST!

November 12th, 2014
excellent care
Dr Fein is very knowledgeable, professional physician. Takes time to listen to his patients and called after my procedure to see how I was feeling and if I had any questions. Never feel rushed with him even if he is behind schedule. Entire staff is friendly and very professional. Staff at the outpatient surgery center he uses is excellent. Make you feel very comfortable while waiting for your procedure. Highly recommend dr fein but even if you must see Julie his NP you will get excellent care

November 8th, 2014
Wonderful doctor!
Best experience from start to finish. Dr. Fein cares for his patient. Wonderful staff. Would recommend to anyone looking for a GI doctor.

November 12th, 2012
Excellent doctor who takes the time with his patients to thoroughly examine, diagnos and explain all aspects of the patient's medical condition and treatment options.

July 23rd, 2012
Dr Fein is one of the most dedicated Drs. I've ever had to deal with!
Dr fein is one of the best Doctors I've ever used. HE is straight to the point and never makes you feel as though he is in a hurry or that he has other patients. He has met me at his office as latea as 8PM at night. His staff in highly trained and they are all dedicated to the wellness of their patients. I recommend him highly. He has a great bed side manner and seems to truly care about all of his patients. He's extremely dedicated and goes the extra mile to help his patients resolve any issues that they may have. I always feel as though I'm his only focus when I see him. IF you have gastrointeroligical problems, He's the best!

August 18th, 2011
Karol Fletcher
I was scheduled for my Colonoscopy in March, had to reschedule so asked for my refund of the deductable that I paid. Was told it would take 30 days, but I would have to call back. I was scheduled for an early morning surgery in June. Waited over 3hours for the doctor to show up while wrapped in sheets in a cold pre-operation holding room. Nobody knew why he was late, but said it happens often. Even though they show overpayment of the account, they don't refund unless you keep calling. Informed today, after calling again, that I could pick it up tomorrow.

December 22nd, 2010
We've Never Had a Dr. Who Was So Personable
Dr. Fein is an excellent doctor. His mannerisms are wonderful and personally calls in the evenings to check up on his patients after procedures. He, his PA Julie and the entire office staff actually make you feel like a human and not just another number.

December 9th, 2009
Best Gastroenterologist
I have been seeing Dr. Fein for a couple of years already. I was refered by a friend. Now I find myself referring my friends. He is such a good doctor. Now in days doctors are just interested in how much money they'll get but not Dr. Fein, he truly show you that he does care about your health. I can alwys be assure that he does everything possible to make me feel better. WHat doctor can you really say gives his personal cell phone number to his patients? When a procedure has been done, he always calls the following day to see how I'm doing and for me that shows he truly cares. His staff is excellent all friendly. Its a little bit of wait but well worth it because I can go to my family doctor and wait for 15min and only be asked 3 questions, have a prescription written, and I'm out, but the show of care is not there. Dr. Fein makes the wait worth it because if we wait is because he is spending the time needed on his patients questions and concerns. So again the wait is worth it. I will never change him and will continue to refer him to my family and friends.

November 20th, 2009
doctor worth the wait
My husband has been using him for about a decade now. What impresses me most is Dr. Fein really enjoys what he does. He is very compassionate and educated in his field. He even calls the same day of a procedure to check up on patient even if he is headed out of town! Surgery center he uses has great staff. Long wait, but a great dr is worth it.