inactive

Steven P Field MD Patient Reviews

• 9 reviews

July 20th, 2014
E pluribus unum.....out of many, ONE !
A scientist, & a mensch !! He always was right on the money when it came to diagnosis....and both my wife, and I, rarely required more than two visits.....they don'y make 'em like him anymore !!

February 6th, 2012
patient for over 25 years
Dr. Field is excellent in every way. Thorough, communicates easily and effectively, practical in approach, very very intelligent and experienced. One could not be in better hands both for gastroenterology (his specialty) as well as for general doctoring. Just one example . . . I have gone to him for routine annual checkups for years, and about 10 or 12 years ago during one such check up he heard a slight irregular noise in my left carotid artery. I had further exams, and it turned out I had developed a "bruit" -- nothing major then or now, just something to check on an annual basis. The punch line is this -- since retiring, I alternate annual physicals with Dr. Field one year, and a local doctor nearer our retirement home. I've been doing this for some years now, and have shopped around among a number of doctors here. NOT ONE HAS PICKED UP ON THE BRUIT! And, if anything, now 10+ years along, it's LOUDER (but still not a worry). So, Dr. Field has my vote.

January 30th, 2012
Owner & Manager of our Pdiatric Dental Office & Dental Cat Scan Center
My experience as well as my whole family, mom (pacientita), my dad and my husband, Has always been "excellent". Dr. Field has never been wrong in any of his Diagnosis. He is the only physician I have been to since I came from Lima, Peru. My mom loves him, and tells him that he is her Angel. We hope to have Dr. Field for a long time. When I hear a friend or a family member that they are in pain but went to another doctor and don't know what it is, I Recommend Dr. Field. Once they go to him, they love his professionalism and accuracy determining the problem. We just love Dr. Field.

December 7th, 2011
Wonderful doctor, Beyond awful receptionist
Dr. Field is an incredible physician. He truly cares about his patients, engages with them, and will spend as much time as it takes to diagnose a problem. However, I'm always appalled by the behavior of his receptionist. Not only is she terrible to interact with in the office, but she's completely unbearable over the phone as well. Numerous times I've called to follow up on test results or to make an appointment and I've been faced with nothing but attitude - like I'm bothering her by trying to set up a visit! I always try to be extremely courteous when I arrive for a visit as well, always have the proper paperwork, etc. and still she gives me tons of attitude, and I've been a patient of Dr. Field's for years. It's just beyond me that he hasn't found someone more competent and less ingratiating that can better aid his patients.

July 21st, 2011
Excellent doctor treats patients as people. Great availability, compasionate, caring. Expert diagnosing. Family has used him for 30 years. He is treasured by us and his patients as almost a member of the family.

February 24th, 2011
Wonderful Doctor,Awful rRceptionist
Dr. Field is caring, thorough, up to date, so knowledgeable, and a great physician. he is pleasant and easy to talk to, and very attentive. Highly thought os and recommended, he is an outstanding doctor.A very real issue is his receptionist who is callous, rude, mean spirited and just plain cranky most of the time. She really makes one hesitate to call in because her attitude is so negative. I don't really understand why she is still there or allowed to behave badly. If and when you get by her, all is peaceful and rewarding.

September 27th, 2010
Great doctor
I love Dr. Field. He is calm and straightforward, and I feel he listens carefully to what I tell him. He knows his stuff too. He always spends enough time with me in the exam room as well in his office to discuss afterwards. The only issue is that he needs a new receptionist who has no attitude and is more caring and accomadating.

July 22nd, 2010
Great doctor.........real........no attitude
Dr Field does not rush you and listens well to patients. He is caring and bright. So glad he is my doctor.He is not allowed to retire!!!! More doctors should be like him. I have given up on most of the medical professionals today.

October 25th, 2009
I can't rave about him enough
I think that he's the consummate professional physician...patient, courteous, knowledgeable and a great listener.