Dr. Steven Johnson MD Patient Reviews

2.6

• Good
  • Bad

March 28th, 2016
The entire staff at Steve Johnson's office are courteous, incredibly kind and very supportive. Dr. Johnson has a great bedside manner, and truly cares about his patients, and his staff, whom he treats with great respect, and it shows in how they treat his patients. Rose found my vein in two seconds flat and I hardly felt it. That is not easy!

February 11th, 2015
Terrible bedside manner
Saw Dr. Johnson while in the hospital for another procedure and they discovered I had hiatal hernia. He made comments under his breath abou my weight and having missed many meals. Very unprofessional. Would not recommend him at all.

May 23rd, 2012
Will run tests, then never tells you results
The phone tree to make an appointment is awful. The staff knows nothing. I called with a question and they left me on hold for 15 minutes. I hung up and drove over to ask. They ran blood tests on me, then never called me with the results. I had an ultrasound, weeks went by with no call. I went down there and had them print me a copy of the results. No follow-up call. After a month, I requested a copy of my blood test to read MYSELF. Test was abnormal. Left 2 messages for the doctor to call me. Nothing. :/ I wish people would just do their jobs.

December 21st, 2011
When trying to schedule an appt. with him it can sometimes be a very long wait no matter how bad you feel and once you get there I have had to wait as long as 2 hours to see him. The staff there is nice enough but most of them are quite scatter brained. Dr. Johnson is knowledgable about what he is doing and will try to explain things to you but he is always in a rush. The issue I originally saw him for required a surgical procedure by him that was not successful so he had another doctor do a different procedure which also was not successful and made me so much worse that I ended up in the hospital for over a week. Dr. Johnson attempted the original surgery again and was successful the second time however when I told him that I was still having pain he told me they had done all they could and that it might last forever so for me to "toughen up." I got to the point where everytime I ate I ended up crying from the pain so since it seemed all he believed was what test results showed and not what I was actually feeling I have changed to a different doctor who wants to investigate further and hopefully improve my condition and quality of life. So quite obviously I am no longer seeing Dr. Johnson and I would not recommend him to anyone that I cared about.

November 30th, 2016