Gastroenterologists

399 W Campbell Rd
Ste 202
Richardson, TX 75080
(972) 498-4401
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  A doctor's doctor  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2014

Excellent GI doc, more knowledgable than most. I send my own patients and family to see him. Helped with some very difficult diagnosis. My own procedure went well, too. Don't expect a rushed visit, he's very thorough, and this Takes Time.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2014

What I like most about Dr. Gadol is that he really cares about his patients. I was diagnosed with IBS several years ago and when my symptoms got worse my current doctor wouldn't see me for over a month. When I called Dr. Gadol's office they saw me an hour after I called. He has been my doctor ever since and found the actual GI problem I was having.

|  Wonderful doctor and staff.  |  show details
by Rebecca on Jun 3rd, 2014

Dr. Gadol and his staff are wonderful. Very caring and professional. I have been seeing Dr. Gadol since I was 17 years old and have never even considered seeing anyone else. He really knows his stuff and is always willing to squeeze in an urgent appointment when needed. He makes you feel very comfortable which makes the appointments stress-free.

|  very good Dr  |  show details
by vjk on May 16th, 2014

DR Gadol is a good DR and has a good personality I feel he has his patients best interest in mind.

by Jay K. on May 13th, 2014

Dr. Gadol is a very interested physician in ones well being. Close followups to make certain all is going as planned. Dedicated to health not wealth!

|  AMAZING DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2014

This doctor has always been there for me has helped me through many problems and always has the answer. He is the only doctor who covers the office so you won't have a random doctor calling you back after hours. You do have to wait sometimes but that's because if your ill they will fit you in same day no waiting a month to see your doctor!!! He is a great listener and makes me feel very comfortable. His staff is very courteous and very helpful! I have referred many family and friends for different things and they have all had a great experience!!!!!!!!

|  Find Another Doctor  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2014

I saw Dr. Gadol for chronic nausea. He asked a lot of questions but I felt he wasn't listening and rushed me through my replies. I also told him about an open wound on my knee and without even looking at it stated that it had nothing to do with my problem. He talked me into two procedures at a facility he co-owns (RED FLAG) with NO results. I was told by his office and the day surgery facility that I would own nothing because my deductibles were paid. Only when I terminated our relationship was billed HUNDREDS of dollars. All the medicines that he prescribed were not covered by my insurance so I was given samples that I feel paid for through back door billing. Unrelated, I seen a wound specialist and as she got my knee to heal the nausea went away. I know an open wound is out of his field but you would think a good Dr. would consider all options for his patents well being. BEWARE, hidden charges, Long office waits, Rude receptionists. In hindsight Dr. Gadol is just filling his pockets.

|  THE BEST AT WHAT HE DOES  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Gadol since he began his practice here in Richardson in 1995. He cured my problems and has kept me problem free ever since. Sometimes I have to wait longer than others, but he always apologizes when i do and most importantly he is the best gastroenterologist I can find. In my opinion he is easily worth the wait!

|  Bus Operater  |  show details
by Leona Authier on Apr 26th, 2013

I was reffered to Dr Gadol by my mother,I have had gastostrinal problem from my drug abuse it cause problems with my aspagus,and stomache. I work sometimes 16 hrs a day, I would sit in his office for an hour,then the room foe another 30 min.My time is just as valuable as is his. I would get calls from his office after just having a colin oscopie,always wanting money,never refiling my script until I came in.Also Im a woman I would pefer a woman dr.Bed side manner is awful.You should feel warmed and welcome during this procedure.I have Insurane,and he always seen ti=o chaqrge me more than my copay???

|  First Rate  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2013

The wait time for Dr. Gadol may take some time, but he gives each patient the time they need with him. He listens to the full complaints without rushing anyone through. Very thorough and helpful.

|  Very bad experience  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2012

I went to this doctor last year when I had stomach burning problem. First of all, I didnt get appointment for 2 weeks. Then even after taking appointment when I went to visit the doctor, I had to wait more than an hour. Even after that, when the doctor checked me, he wouldnt even focus and keep on going for some work. His assistant told me that she would order medicines for me by calling CVS pharmacy near my house. But when I went to pickup the medicine, they told me that there is no order for me. I called up doctors office couple of times but I didnt even receive call back. It was friday and then doctors office was closed for the weekend. I didnt receive any call from them in the weekend and had to bear the pain entire weekend without medicines. Very bad experience.

|  Mrs.Madkins  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gadol for 4 years. I went to him after visiting another doctor that had very little follow up and didn't seem to care much. Dr. Gadol has a direct but caring manner that I appreciate because I know that he will be straight with me. He asks several questions and is not impatient or hurried. He takes the time necessary to give me the answers I am looking for when I visit or need to call. I have referred friends and family and I can't imagine using another Gastroenterologist.

|  Does not care about your time  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2012

Late for appointments and surgerys over 1 hour, then charged 100.00 for a missed appointment that I was not aware of was scheduled.

|  This doctor cares more about money than for patients!  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2012

After my first visit, I knew I didn't like him at all. I had to wait in the waiting room for about 30 mins before they took me inside and made me wait for another 45 mins before I could actually see him. During my wait, he sneaked his head in my room and telling me "he will be right with me", but then I just kept hearing him talking to the other patient like forever. When he finally saw me, he was always in a rushing manner. Every time I tried to say something, he always interrupted me. I felt like he didn't care for me and being rude to me. After seeing me, I went outside and noticed he went to the same room with that patient and continued talking to him. That made me feel like he only cares for the patients that have already paid him a lot of money. He treated any new patients very unprofessional. I see so many good ratings and reviews for him on here, and I wonder if those people are actually his loyal patients, the staff, or his family left those comments. All in all, I would never come back to visit him, and I definitely would NOT recommend you with this doctor.

Jun 28th, 2012

13 year GI patient. Dr has kept me healthy during this time and monitored other serious conditions to ensure health is maintained through routine testing / visits. I have recommended to extended family and friends who have seen success from visits.

|  Disrepectful  |  show details
May 25th, 2012

I had a horrible experience. He didn't seem to care about anything other then what he can make the most money off. Instead of suggesting a small non invasive procedure to diagnosis my problem he wanted to go with the invasive expensive procedure. I told him I didnt feel comfortable doing this. He refused to do a non invasive procedure and refused to give me a refill on medicine that I have to take everyday, it was almost like a form of punishment. He would only give me a refill if I did the procedure. I was shocked on the way I was treated.

|  success after ten years of suffering.  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

i have suffered from an undiagnosed gastro-intestional problem for over ten years. i have consulted gastroenterologists in three states without the slighist hint of success. Dr. Gadol was recommended to me and after his first run of tests i not only got a definitive diagnosis but by following his treatment regim i have begun to see the light of day. the treatment is already showing signs of sucess. i give Dr. Gadol my HIGHEST rating. sincerely gmb-n

|  Colonoscophy procedure  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

First of course I had the pre-colonoscophy visit before having the procedure done the next morning at the place in Plano. Both during the initial office visit and the colonoscophy process itself, he answers all my questions and since I was out only about 30 minutes (nothing was found), I assume he did a good job. The anesthesia was fine also (propofol with fenamyl (sp) as the deadener I believe. Afterwards, he came by and gave me a complete summary. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a colonoscophy and got his name to begin with from my primary physician.

Dec 5th, 2011

This Dr saved my life

|  Great Doctor! Highly Recommend!  |  show details
by JES2 on Nov 1st, 2011

Dr. Gadol is extremely thorough and consice. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is experiencing any gastrointestinal issues. I have seen Dr. Gadol a number of times for various issues and have found that he continues to care greatly for his patient's good health. I have been in his office many a time when he took the necessary time to hear and care for seriously ill patients. In a time when you may have 10-15 minutes with a Dr., it is refreshing to know that he is one of those great Dr's that will spend the time and provide the remedy in a comforting and caring manner. Thanks Dr. Gadol!

Oct 17th, 2011

I wish I could find other Doctors as good as Dr Gadol. He goes out of his way to help you understand your condition and treatment. I fell almost like I am being helped by an old trusted friend than a doctor.

|  Since 1999  |  show details
Sep 14th, 2011

Dr. Gadol has been my gastro go-to guy for more than 10 years. He is smart, commonsensical, attentive, good-humored, professional, and in-demand. He cares enough to do his best to keep patients healthy, informed and calm. Couldn't get along without him!

|  Handled issue well  |  show details
Sep 6th, 2011

The doctor handled my issue in a concise competent manner. His staff did good follow up.

|  Watch You Credit  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

Dr. Gadol's staff is incompetant in billing procedures. I was refered to him by my regular doctor because of blood work. He quickly told me I didn't have a problem with the blood work and threw my Dr. under the bus saying they were incompetant. But that because of my age i needed a colonoscopy. I new I didn't but he insisted i should do it. So I did and I didn't even have 1 thing wrong as I expected. It was just a way of him making money. After the insurance paid they never sent me another bill so I believed the matter was taken care of. I never received a bill or was given the courtesy of a phone call saying i still owed $71. He turned me in to a collection agency. I got their correspondence and paid the bill that he didn't send me the very next day. His staff was rude and condesending. He made thousands of dollars off my insurance and turned me in for a bill I didn't know anything about. I feel that he and his staff are very unprofessional. I would not recommend him to anyone. He doesn't care about anything but money.

|  Dr. Gadol is one of the best.  |  show details
Aug 9th, 2011

Dr. Gadol is much more than a great doctor. He is very caring and compassionate about his work and patients. His staff, or sometimes Dr. Gadol hiself, always follows up with me after an appointment, for test results, etc... I feel blessed to have found him. He saved my life and has been my doctor for the past four years. I highly reccomend him.S.B. Nicholson

|  Capable, caring, and professional.  |  show details
Jul 21st, 2011

Before finding Dr. Gadol, I was misdiagnosed by two highly recommended G/I specialists and had lost nearly 50 pounds in 6 months. I was one of the very first patients to see Dr. Gadol when opened his local practice. Dr. Gadol looked outside the box, consulted other medical professionsls and found a fairly simple answer to my problem that was overlooked by others. I am extremely indebted him for that reason.

|  Excellent Doctor takes time to treat you and does not rush you out of his office  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2011

Dr. Gadol treats his patients with a caring excellence. He keep me alive after a GI breed and loosing several pints of blood. He came to the hospital at 11:PM because I asked the nurse to call him to get his in put in what tests to run. He spent several with me until I got to a room and was in stable condition. He is the BEST!!

|  Highly professional  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

I've gone to Dr Gadol for almost 10 years and have had 5 colonoscopies during that time due to a long term illness. I wouldn't go to anyone else...period. He's highly professional and an expert in the gastroenterology field.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

I have been a petient of Dr. Gdaol's for almost 20 years. He has helped me live a normal life by helping me to contol my IBS and reflux. I see hime twice a year for check ups. He is thorough and very compassionate. I would highly reccomend him.

|  Ms. Sarah B. Nicholson  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

I met Dr. Gadol back in 2007. I was in the emergency room, vomiting blood and unbeknownst to me at the time, very close to death. Dr. Gadol gave instructions to the emergency staff and admitted me to the hospital. That evening Dr. Gadol told me I was lucky to be alive, I had lost a lot of blood. My liver was extremely compromised due to alcohol abuse. For the first time, talking with Dr. Gadol, I admited to him and myself that I was analcoholic. It was a tremendous relief. Dr. Gadol listened without judgement. He was so concerned about my internal bleeding, he performed surgery that night instead of the next morning, when it was scheduled.Dr. Gadol saved my life that night. His continued support has meant so much to me. I have been clean and sober for three and a half years. At first my diagnosis was pretty grim, but my bloodwork now is very good, and I am doing well. I see Dr. Gadol every three months. He stays on top of every detail of my medications and any concerns I may have. Dr. Gadol is a brilliant dotor and a good and caring man. Thank you Dr. Gadol.Sarah Nicholson

May 25th, 2011

I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT FOR SISTEEN YRS I WAS VERY SICK AND HE QUICKLY DIAGNOSED MY PROBLEM AND HAS BEEN TREATING ME EVER SINCE THANKS TO DR GADOL I LEAD A HEALTHY NORMAL LIFE THAT UNTREATED WOULD BE MISERABLE> THANKS

|  I highly recommend Dr. Gadol  |  show details
May 17th, 2011

I have been a patient since 1996. In that time Dr. Gadol has my Crohn's Disease under control. At first, I just wanted him to fix the problem and go to surgery, but instead, he cared about me and at my age and what was best. Now I know he had a long term plan and has been the best doctor for my condition and I thank him for caring about me and my future. He may not be prompt for every office visit, but it's because he is with a patient and making sure he does the right thing with each and every one of us instead of just rushing us thruogh like cattle. Which one would you rather have? I know which one I'm taking. I am very glad to be his patient and would highly recommend him to all my friends and family if they have any stomach problems like I did.

Apr 26th, 2011

If I phone, he will ALWAYS return the call. Also, real people answer.

|  Hire this physician for your gastroenterologist  |  show details
by D.R. on Apr 14th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Gadol to my family, co-workers, and friends should they need one. His knowledge and expertise is superb.Dr. Gadol has always treated me with respect and dignity. During any office visit I may have he acknowledge my present when he pops his head in the room to say hello and let me know he will see me as soon as possible. Dr. Gadol is the only physician I know that has a number I can call directly to leave a message should I have any questions or concerns. My calls are returned within no more than 10 minutes. Thanks

|  Find someone else  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

Always late. Always ! Poor bedside manner, seems he's always in a rush all this tells me he's overbooked - I'm going to help with that - although by habit, I've beem going for years - last visit was my final visit!!!!!

|  HE IS A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR.....  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO DR. GADOL FOR OVER TEN YEARS. HE IS PLEASANT,INFORMATIVE AND ALWAYS TAKES TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.HE ALWAYS FOLLOWS UP AFTER SURGICAL PROCEDURES TO SEE HOW I'M DOING. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

Feb 16th, 2011

good doctor with high quality skills. office is busy and patients say they have been there several times

|  Best Doctor I have  |  show details
Feb 15th, 2011

I wish I could find others like Dr Gadol for all my medical needs. He has a wonderful bedside manner and takes the time to ask about all of my health issues. His staff are all very friendly and do their jobs very well. I have been seeing Dr Gadol for several years and have no complaints.

|  Misdiagnosed!  |  show details
Jan 28th, 2011

This office visit was a waste of my time and money. He did not listen to my problem. Instead he decided to ask me questions about something I did not come to him for. When I asked him about my problem, he began talking about what his concern was. Then he wrote me a prescription for something I didnt want and he knew I was not going to take because it exacerbated my real problem. He did not care about me at all. Above all of that I had to wait 45 minutes before he even came into my room.

|  NOT SO GREAT  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2010

plan on waiting an hour or more not a good listener - talks over you always in a hurry, but always late.should get a practice in new york

|  Doctor is desperate for money!  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2010

This doctor is only interested in your money. At my first appt. with him he wanted to perform a procedure the next morning. But, he had his office staff to check with my insurance company to see what my deductible was and he insisted that I pay that amount first before he scheduled the procedure. 5 hours later I called and cancelled the procedure. He scheduled the procedure for 14 hours after my first appt. with him. I called within 5 hours of my first appt. with him and cancelled the procedure. I did not have 48 hours to give a notice of cancellation!! When I called the office to ask for my money back, he chewed me out and told me he would not give my money back, that he would keep it until I came back for the procedure. He said that I did not give 48 hours notice of cancellation. I did not have 48 hours to give a notice of cancellation!! I told him I changed my mind and did not want to have the procedure and just wanted him to give my money back. He continued to berate me and tried to bully me into changing my mind. It was as if he was judging me and my decisions. He just could NOT accept that I did not want the procedure. He was VERY rude, condescending, and unprofessional! He has the personality of a viper!He also lied to me. During the office visit he said he uses a certain medication during his procedures and I told him that medication made me really sick. He said he would add something to it to ease the sickness. Then, on the berating phone call he said that he told me he would change the medication. That is NOT what he told me in the office! He only wanted my money! He had his office staff continue to call me each day. They would not leave me alone. He did give me back some of my money, but not all of it. I have since gone to a professional physician and had the procedure performed and this doctor did not ask me for a dime before the procedure! Doctor Steven Gadol must be desperate for money. He is robbing his patients. I would not go back to him if he was the last doctor on earth! Doctors are supposed to make you feel good - not bad!!

|  Pathetic  |  show details
Jul 16th, 2010

Miserable experience with the guy. Very strange bedside manner. Always late. Every appt I had was an hour late. Overcharged me. I will never go back. You couldn't pay me.

|  Brilliant and caring physician  |  show details
by Peter B. on Jun 7th, 2010

Dr. Gadol is truly a rare breed of doctor - eminently trained, experienced and qualified, yet accessible at any time - literally 7x24 - should you need immediate attention. Excellent office staff too. Dr. Gadol was my GI doc treating me and managing my case while I was hospitalized with a very serious abdominal illness that ultimately required major open surgery to correct.His bedside manner is remarkably comforting - unrushed, with clear, honest answers to questions - and with a great sense of humor, even under difficult situations. I highly recommend Dr. Gadol.

|  very experienced and trustworthy  |  show details
by Johnny L on Apr 8th, 2010

Dr Gadol is one of the best doctor's that I've met. His long experience allowed him to make an accurate diagnosis of my problem quickly. He always make sure any question that you may have are answered before you leave his office and before/after a procedure. His bedside manners are top-notch.

|  Dr. Gadol is a top notch doctor  |  show details
by Mary Beth on Jan 18th, 2010

Dr. Gadol is one of those rare physians who actually listen to their patients and hear what their saying. He doesn't mind answering question, even the "stupid" ones. Yes, I"ll admit you have to wait a little longer for him when your appointments come up, but it's worth the wait to have one of the best doctors in the DFW. There was a time when I didn't get to the doctor as I should and my body/health paid the price; when I really needed someone to get me back on tract Dr. Gadol was there.

Jan 8th, 2010

I found Dr Gadol to be utterly dishonest. I do not recommend him and will not be his patient again.

|  Exceptional doctor; exceptional care  |  show details
by Laura V. on Oct 22nd, 2009

I've been seeing Dr. Steven Gadol for over three years, and of three three or four gastroninterologists I've seen in the past three decades, he is, by far, the most caring and concerned. I was referred to him by my internal medicine doctor, due to gastrointestinal problems I'd been having continuously. He diagnosed the problem, where no one else had been able to do so, prescribed the appropriate medication and, thankfully, it worked. My problems reoccur due to IBD/IBS and/or their association with my spondyloarthropathies and other medications. Sometimes, the wait to see him is a little longer than "average," HOWEVER, it is because he spends more than the "normal" amount of time with each patient, as needed. As a result, I do NOT mind waiting to see him. There has been a time or two where he was called to the hospital on an emergency basis, and I hope and believe he would treat me with the same concern and respect. Therefore, I do not mind any "extra" time spent waiting to see him. Dr. Gadol's bedside manner is excellent, and he has shown up to see me in the hospital when it's not even necessary for him to see me. Also, out patient procedures he has performed on me have been done with the utmost care and with appropriate prior explanation. Any and all test results have been discussed with me in-depth. As I am disabled and on Medicare, my elderly mother accompanies me to my doctor appointments, and Dr. Gadol takes the time to answer *her* questions about my conditions. To top it all off, Dr. Gadol is very courteous and considerate, but also has a great sense of humor, which immediately puts the patient at ease; I appreciate everything he does to help me. All in all, I could not ask for a better doctor. I sincerely wish all of my doctors were as concerned and caring as Dr. Steven Gadol. I have absolutely NO problem with referring friends and family to see Dr. Gadol, and, in fact, I have done so.

May 8th, 2009

After waiting over an hour to see him, he rushed me. his staff is unfriendly and smell like cigarette smoke.

Oct 31st, 2007 on yahoo.com

I wrote a review as Jane Doe, a little while back. I tried to edit it but I couldn't. It turns out Dr. Gadol really knew what he was doing. He provided a solution to a problem I've had for years. And now I feel a whole lot better!Sorry for rating you as 2

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Oct 6th, 2007 on yahoo.com

I was having a lot of pain, and he expressed very little compassion. His manner of speaking was robotic. I had to ask so many questions to get him to give me a synopsis of my situation. He does wear some funny ties, with cartoon characters, so maybe he's

Read Full Review at yahoo.com