Dr. Steven Gallo MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

April 29th, 2015
Doctor Gallo saved my life. When I went to him he set me up for a scope and afterwards said I was the worst case he had ever seen. He almost begged me to go to this other doctor so I did. The doctor done the surgery and sent me back to doctor Gallo for follow up for the last twenty some years. He may be a little different because when I first seen him he told me if I wasn't going to listen to him don't come back, there is no since wasting my time or yours. He is a great guy and I hate to see him retire. I feel like I lost a friend.

September 13th, 2014
I was diagnosed with Crohn's by Dr. Gallo when I was 19. He did not explain my condition to me very well, he did not recommend diet tips, he did not do anything. He gave me a prescription and spent maybe 5 min with me. No compassion, seemed uninterested. Wish I would have read others' reviews and am mad that man saw my butt.

May 20th, 2014
Dr Gallo made me completely comfortable with the procedure and what was going to be done. And then afterwards, followed up to make sure everything was doing ok, along with results.

November 4th, 2013
Horrible!
Rude bedside manner and after looking up other reviews from other websites I am not the only one who had this issue with him. Kept interrupting, not listening at all, chewed me out when I called him on his behavior like it is my fault. Basically told me to shut up when I asked him to just let me finish a sentence . I have been in the medical business for 13 years and part of my profession is meeting with physicians to discuss documentation issues (so I have met one on one with a lot of physicians from various specialties). Trust me on this, when a physician treats people this way then they are not very good at their job, best to seek care elsewhere. Having this little compassion and basically making you feel like you are wasting their time it is best to get treatment somewhere else.

October 11th, 2013
Dr. Steven Gallo was the worst experience seeing a physician in my life time
I received a referral from my insurance for Dr. Gallo for a follow-up colonoscopy. I couldn't schedule the appointment right away since my Mom died from colon cancer. When I returned from the funeral, I scheduled the appointment. Even though my insurance company had sent the referral by mail, the office had apparently misplaced it and required my doctor's office to fax another. When I finally saw Dr. Gallo after waiting about 45 minutes beyond the appointed time, he spent about 5 minutes with me taking my information while interrupting me impatiently several times. He told he would make arrangements for a colonoscopy and endoscopy and left the room. I expected him to return with the information and to say goodbye, instead his nurse came to escort me out. My complaints may be boring to him since he hears these things every day, but to me they matter and I expect my physician to take a little more time assessing me on my first visit. Due to this experience, I asked my insurance for a referral to another doctor in this practice. When I received it, I called to make an appointment and was told that their doctors do not allow "jumping around" from one physician to another. I didn't know that visiting a doctor once for five minutes constituted jumping around. Dr. Gallo did not demonstrate proper patient/doctor skills with me and I left without gaining the slightest bit of a comfort level with him to have any kind of procedure done, much less any invasive procedures like colonoscopy and endoscopy and I would not recommend him to anyone.

June 3rd, 2011
Arrogant physician
This physician is a partner with my very kind and intelligent physician. I have chronic pancreatitis, it seems like every time I have a flair up with an acute episode, I end up with Dr. Gallo taking call for him. Gallo knows my history since I have been going to this office for two decades but treats me as though I'm unknown to him. He is never willing to either order labs to diagnose my condition or even tell my physician I have called during off hours and am in need of immediate care. I have seen Dr. Gallo when my doctor was on vacation and he suggested inane lab work that had been done at least ten years prior, and was listed in my chart, yet he wanted it done in an effort to "blow me off", so he didn't have to admit me to the hospital and care for me until my physician returned from vacation. As soon as my doctor retuned he admitted me to the hospital for acute pancreatitis. Dr. Gallo has a very abusive bedside manner and in my case missed my diagnoses several times. I would not recommend him as my Gastroenterologist!