Dr. Steven Gelber MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1

December 16th, 2014
Excellent bedside manner. He takes the time with patients

April 25th, 2013
Dr. Gelber
Dr. Gelber in an insensitive, rude doctor, who probably thinks he is God. He will care for you one day and not care for you the next. Totally umpredictable. At times, he will laugh about serious problems. That happened to more than one of his patients. I do not recommend him. If you want to keep going to OBGYN, chose another provider. They are much nicer than him!

August 15th, 2012
Marlene
My husband brought me in after I had collapsed and vomited at home, at 8 months pregnant. I usually saw a different doctor (whom I love) at his practice, but Dr. Gelber was on duty at the time. He said that I might've just had a really bad migraine headache. My husband persisted, and apparently I was suffering from a ruptured vessel (avm) in my brain. Migraine headache? I don't think so. Now I know he's no neurosurgeon. But an ob/gyn is still a doctor. Considering the gravity of my situation (and the miracle that it was, that my baby and I both survived the brain hemorrhage due to a fantastic interdisciplary ob/gyn + neurosurgery team at Strong Hospital in Rochester, where I was rushed), I was incredibly lucky. But considering the gravity of the situation when I was brought in to see Dr. Gelber, his diagnosis was a disgrace to his entire practice.

May 11th, 2012
Excellent and Unusually Caring Doctor
Doctor Gelber oversaw my very difficult condition. He called me on a Sunday to check on me and was so caring and concerned. He consults when he needs to and I felt that I got the very best possible medical care I could receive. I highly recommend Dr. Gelber as his competence and professionalism cannot be surpassed

August 25th, 2011
Highly recommend this doctor
I found the Ithaca OB/GYN staff and this doctor in particular to be exceptional professionals. With humor and empathy they quickly put me at ease. Dr. Gelber performed two procedures most women dread (cervical and uterine biopsies). The procedures went flawlessly with very little pain. Dr. Gelber patiently explained what he was doing every step of the way. His precision, sensitivity and reassurance made this much dreaded experience far less traumatic than it might otherwise have been.

July 7th, 2011
I do not recommend this doctor
This doctor didn't listen to my questions and was in a hurry to move on after my 2 minute appt.

May 13th, 2011
Genuine Doctor
Dr. Gelber was extremely caring, precise, and genuine. He took pictures of my laproscopic surgery like he said he would. And thoroughly explained what he found. He did all that he said he would and made all of my visits comfortable. His staff was also his surgical staff were all very kind and worked well as a team. I definitely recommend Dr. Gelber.