A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Gitelis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Gitelis is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gitelis
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Gitelis Learn More
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 15 areas:
- Bone Cancer
- Bone Diseases
- Bone Transplantation
- Bone Tumors/Cancer (Chondrosarcoma)
- Bone marrow inflammation (Osteomyelitis)
- Ewing's Sarcoma
- Femoral Cancer (Thigh Bone Neoplasm)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Limb Salvage
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Prosthesis Failure
- Soft Tissue Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Gitelis graduated from Rush Medical College, Chicago. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Gitelis has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Rush University Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Steven Gitelis MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 36 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Steven Gitelis practice?
- Dr. Steven Gitelis has 1 office location.
Dr. Steven Gitelis practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Orthopedic Surgeons.