Dr. Steven Glickfield DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 24th, 2013
How Dr. Glickfield changed my daughter's life
My daughter is now 20-years-old, but Dr. Glickfield was her pediatrician when she was a baby. You know, back in the day when we still had HMO's and had little to no choice of which doctors we went to see and it took forever to change doctors. When she was 8-months-old, she became very ill: fever, slept 18-20 hours a day, digressed in her motor development, etc. Dr. Glickfield said, "and you are not happy with this?" and eventually diagnosed her with a low immune system. She was sick for 3 months. He did not order anything or want to do anything for her. I took her home to Memphis where a family friend and physician helped her. Fortunately, I kept all of her medical records for the past 20 years. I wanted to eventually find out what had happened to her. Turns out that when she was 8-months-old, she was having mini-strokes. Yes, mini-strokes and all he had to say when I took her to see him three times a week was, "and you're not happy with this?" He was referring to her sleeping a lot. She has built up scar tissue on her brain in the area that the "mini" strokes occur. It is also the same area that is affected by her learning disabilities. I am grateful that my daughter only has learning disabilities (dyslexia, severe dysgraphia, reading learning disability, and auditory processing disorder). Other than that, she is healthy. She has had difficulties during her childhood and early teen years with illnesses, due to the sickness as a child, but we thank the Lord that she is as healthy as she is now. This daughter is my youngest of four children, not my first child. This doctor is a disgrace to the medical profession. He made me feel as if I didn't know what I was doing as a mother and I was over reacting. If you are considering this doctor as a primary care physician for one of your children, please consider what happened to my daughter as something that could happen to you. I felt so incredibly helpless and thought I was going to lose my baby.

January 5th, 2015