Dr. Steven Goad Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Goad?

Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar Disorder

Have you seen Dr. Steven Goad?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Dissatisfied

June 24th, 2016

He isn't a Medical Professional....He is a Medical UNprofessional.

I clicked one star, because I didn't have the option for anything less. All I can say is this guy has the worst bedside manner of anyone I have ever met. He is unprofessional, quick to make an irrational decision regarding someones illness without proper diagnosis. My fiance was admitted to Bloomington Hospital, and unfortunately, this clown was the "Physician" (and I use this term very loosely) that was assigned to her. During her 12 day stay, I could not get any information regarding her condition, treatment plans, etc... The day she was released, he spent about 5 minutes "explaining" things to us, which was a one sided conversation. I would not recommend anyone, especially someone with a mental health issue, make the mistake in choosing this doctor. Bloomington Hospital should really reconsider their decision in hiring this person to treat their patients. His arrogant behavior, and the lack of care is unbelievable. A health care professional should pride themselves in caring for the patients needs and their families. This guy could care less. Trust me, DON'T see this guy!!!

August 18th, 2015

Unethical and Biased

This provider is judgmental and unprofessional with his personal beliefs. He is working for a secular organization and yet pushes hishis Christian belief on patients without regard for their comfort level with religion. Additionally, he allows his biases to dictate patient diagnoses, which is extremely inappropriate. He is abrupt and dismissive and is not open to questions you may have about your careplan, and has a very unpleasant communication style. After my first unpleasant appointment I googled him and found some very disturbing documents online about him while in another state...these issues have caused him to be officially reprimanded professionally before. He didn't seem to learn from those past mistakes, as he has carried them to his practice here as well. The way that this provider conducts himself is distasteful and is an abuse of the client-provider relationship. He takes advantage of the inherent power imbalance, and that is unfortunate considering his vulnerable patient population. Do your research prior to seeing this provider.

August 17th, 2015

I had seen Dr. Griffith for years, When he left I was devastated, then I saw Dr. Goad, the first session I was determined that I hated him. the second visit, i loved him, he is a good man, and is a pro at what he does. He is a Godly man... and he is the BEST

April 26th, 2015

DON'T DO IT!

Quack quack quack. Choose ANY OTHER DOCTOR IN THE WORLD before seeing this jerk. Rude, pompous, unhelpful, condescending... I cannot believe IU Health continues to employ someone so incredibly bad at their job.

April 16th, 2015

Non-verbal, no eye contact, no explanation new meds.

December 1st, 2014

This guy is terrible, avoid at all costs.

January 7th, 2014

Believe this and all the other bad reviews

He first diagnosed me as bi-polar because I talk fast. Later the diagnosis was changed although he's really made no attempt to do anything thorough. I won't take anti-psychotics since I've never been psychotic. He's trying to push them on non-psychotics because drug companies are now trying to sell them as anti-depressants. He has no original thoughts on treatment and I doubt he's kept up on any new approaches since he was out of med school. I brought up some things I read and he was clueless about them. He has seemed unprepared for every appt. I've had. He should review each patient's records and concerns prior to the visit but makes no attempt to judging from the questions he asks. He even forgot he ordered lab work for me. He barely discussed the results with me and it was only after I asked questions. There are practitioners in all fields of medicine who lack a good bedside manner, and this is especially reprehensible for a psychiatrist! He makes it clear that he's interested only in doing the perfunctory paperwork so he can get paid by insurance. Most of the session is spent sitting there while he types in info. You get the feeling that you're being intrusive if you have questions or anything to say. I won't go back and I have very few options to see anyone else because of my insurance coverage and the fact that many psychiatrists aren't taking new patients. IU Health should be ashamed to have hired him.

December 16th, 2013

Do NOT trust this man. See someone else. ANYONE.

I am still stunned by his rudeness and dismissive attitude. After 3 sessions with a therapist at IU health, I had to spend 15 uncomfortable minutes in this man's office. I went in with a plan that excluded meds and was promptly accused of being in a manic state. I wasn't. After rejecting Prozac, he made the false assertion I had no intention of bettering myself, and was then offered Lithium. If you are truly seeking to improve yourself, are somewhat easily discouraged, or even SLIGHTLY depressed, do NOT see this fool! The harm he can cause sincerely scares me. He has no business in medicine. Also, if you DO have the misfortune of seeing him: note the glazed eyes and pinpoint pupils. Hmmmm.

July 21st, 2013

Revoke My License Please

Dr. Goad was reactive, abrupt, dismissive, and close to confrontational in his bedside manner. He dictated his patient notes on the phone loudly, with the door open to the hallway, so that everyone passing by could hear all the details of others' case histories. His staff appeared to be genuinely puzzled about how to approach or work with him, and at one point resorted to paging him to get his attention, although he was literally steps away. He should not be working with people in crisis. Period.

May 10th, 2013

Not comfortable

I was not comfortable during the appointment, because he seemed much more concerned with himself than he did with any psychological symptoms I had been experiencing. He made a big issue about the process of recording my allergies, etc. and gave me the same prescription I have been on for the past two years. Knowing that I am not comfortable with change I decided to mull it over a bit. But last week I started experiencing some troublesome symptoms and thought about calling the office, but I realized he was the LAST person I would want to discuss them with. It's too bad because I like the staff but if they can't guarantee me a different psychiatrist I will go elsewhere.

April 25th, 2013

Avoid at all costs!

How is this guy even practicing? And more importantly, how did he end up at Indiana University Health Bloomington Hospital? Critical psychiatric care is certainly not safe in his hands. He doesn't care an ounce about the patient, nor is he concerned with communicating to worried, panicked family members.

April 5th, 2013

red flag after the first few minutes

uncomfortable environment and inaccurate counseling.