Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
6101 Pine Ridge Rd
3rd Floor
Naples, FL 34119
239-348-4253
Locations and availability (2)

|  outstanding  |  show details
by sheila zubrow on Jul 26th, 2014

In 2011 I needed to have rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. I researched and interviewed doctors in Naples. I found Dr. Steven Goldberg who had the expertise, experience and caring manner that I wanted.When I needed rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder in February, 2014 I went back to Dr. Goldberg because of the success and great results of my previous experience. I had the same great results.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Ron Vuy on Jul 22nd, 2014

Dr. Goldberg is an incredible surgeon He replaced my left shoulder in June 2014. The results were outstanding. I can't recommend Dr. Goldberg enough. If you are in need of shoulder surgery he's the man!

|  Rotator cuff recovery  |  show details
by Carol C on Jun 7th, 2014

I have had two left shoulder rotator cuff surgeries with great pain both times. This time it was my right rotator cuff, my dominant arm. Dr. Goldberg has to be the best doctor I have ever gone to, because I am literarlly out of pain and recovering rapidly. I would recommend him to anybody.

|  Shoulder injury  |  show details
by Tamara Z on Jan 31st, 2014

I went to Dr. Goldberg for another opinion of my frozen shoulder. I had been told that I needed surgery. From the moment I arrived at his office everyone was very helpful and friendly. When I met Dr. Goldberg he took his time explained what his opinion was. I was in a lot of pain so he suggested a cortisone shot in addition to the p.t. that I had already been doing for 6 weeks w/o much success, because of the pain. With the shot and medication I was able to complete my p.t.. I just am very thankful to Dr. Goldberg and his staff for all of his help in getting me back to my life and activites, and pain free. I would recommend him to any of my friends or family. He really cares about his patients.

|  Pain free at last  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2013

After Dr. Goldberg replaced by left shoulder I am pain free for the first time in 2 years.

|  No more nightime pain  |  show details
by Bob B on Nov 14th, 2013

A little over a year ago I was constantly waking up at night in pain when I rolled onto my right shoulder. I underwent a complete shoulder replacement. Dr Goldberg was terriffic and I experienced minimal pain (a 4 on a scale of 10) , underwent physical therapy and now I enjoy full use of my arm and don't show any effect from my new shoulder. Both Dr Goldberg and his staff are terriffic...they enjoy their work and are fun to be with in his office.At each appointment I meet with Dr Goldberg and he reviews the x-rays with me. He's my man!

|  My Rotater Cuff Surgery  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2012

Dr Goldberg and my shoulder:I had plenty of information prior to surgery so I knew what to expect. Dr Goldberg spent enough time with me so I felt I knew him and could trust him. At the hospital on surgery day I was treated with respect and and again given enough time to ask questions and to really understand what was happening. After surgery I had easy access to staff, primarily the nurse practitioner, to get questions answered quickly. But the best thing was how well I did in physical therapy. The therapists said over and over again that my wonderful progress was due to the excellent surgery that Dr Goldberg had done on my shoulder. Another doctor highly recommended Dr Goldberg to me and I am very thankful that I took that advice, for my recovery has been uneventful.

|  Professional Experience  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

I am a retired teacher who is fit and very active.I separated my shoulder and had a high level of concern about surgery.Dr.Goldberg had a sincere care for my welfare and took the time to develop a capsule of my personality/lifestyle.As and educator with a PhD in administration and training teachers,I was impressed with my care.Dr.Goldberg took the time to outline my condition and what he would do to resolve it.I felt so comfortable with his skill set that I entered surgery with tremendous confidence about the outcome.The surgery went well,and the aftercare was OUTSTANDING !!The physical therapist I was fortunate to have at the hospital was an extension of Dr. Goldberg.She knew his strategies and charted a course of rehabilitation that got me back to normal.Being an active person,I'm blessed to have been able to experience such a wonderful TEAM to repair my shoulder and get me back to enjoying my lifestyle.As an educator,I grade Dr. Goldberg with an A . Dr. Goldberg,,I salute you.Many thanks,Stash Pawlinski

|  Great Surgeon!  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

Dr Goldberg performed rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder in May, 2011. Now, one year later, I'm back to golfing, yoga, pilates and working out with full range of motion, no pain, and much more strength. Dr Goldberg really seemed to care and gave me plenty of his time. Obviously, his surgical skills worked very well for me, too.

|  Very happy that I switched to Dr Goldberg  |  show details
May 5th, 2012

As a tennis player with a shoulder injury (full thickness tear of rotator tendon with a spur)I wanted to return to tennis asap. I saw another physician close to my home but wanted a second opinion. So I went to see Dr Goldberg even though I was scheduled for surgery by the first surgeon. I had very little time to get the second opinion and told this to the office manager. She got me an apt the next morning. The first Dr had spent 5 min with me. Dr Goldberg spent about 25 min and also touched my arm/shoulder to evaluated my strength (something the first Dr did not do). The first Dr planned to do arthroscopic surgery making 4 holes and an incision. Dr Goldberg said that he just did arthroscopic to fix the problem and he made no incision and hadn't done it that way for about 5 years. I had made it very clear that he was my second opinion. However upon driving home (about a 45 min drive) I began to evaluate my choice. The first Dr was 5 minutes from my home but that was the only pro in his favor. Dr. Goldberg took lots more time with me; he actually touched my arm/shoulder to evaluate my strength and pain; he didn't need to make an incision; he didn't rush me at the appointment; his staff was very helpful and friendly. So I decided to have Dr Goldberg do my surgery One more important thing that made me very happy after the surgery...I had read in an article in the Walls Street Journal that the newest surgical repair was a new technique using a double row of sutures to fix tendons to bone. Upon reading my operative report I see that Dr Goldberg used a double row suture bridge repair to fix the tendons to the bone. This is where I really smiled and was so happy that I had switched Doctors :-) :-)

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Apr 27th, 2012

Dr. Goldberg performed rotator cuff surgery on me in March 2012, for a severe rupture where the tendon had torn off the bone. He did a wonderful job!! Very little pain post-surgery. I started PT 5 days post-surgery. Many friends told me the recovery would be absolutely horrible. They were wrong the right surgeon and the right PT people (recommended by Dr. Goldberg) have made recovery basically pain free and faster than I could have imagined. It is only seven weeks post-surgery now and I realize I have a lot more rehab in front of me, but I feel great and see progress every day, thanks to Dr. Goldberg.

|  Rotorcuff Surgury  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2012

Dr Goldberg did my surgury 2 years ago.I have full use of my arm/shoulder with no PAIN or loss of strength or movement.I'm better than new.Thanks.DS

|  exceptional care  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

I have had shoulder pain for the last 4 years, since I moved to SW Florida. I had been waiting until I went North to the NY metropolitan area to have surgery. Finally, I could not wait any longer. I had my done reseach on the internet and stumbled across Dr. Goldberg's review. What a great find. He was excellent! His office staff was very caring and efficient and the surgery was almost pain free. The PT service his office recommended was equally supurb. The PT service "A Step Ahead" on Marco Island was great. Four weeks after surgery my PT was done. I have more range of motion in the corrected shoulder than my other "good" shoulder and most of all I am pain free throughout my full range of motion. I have had surgery on other joints but this was the most expiditious, professional, and competitent surgical procedure I ever experienced. No surgery is ever enjoyable but I wonder why I waited so long?

|  Nrs, Anita Vandegrift  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2011

Dr. Goldberg is a great surgeon. I was in excrutiating pain. He explains procedures & why you need surgery. I had rotator cuff surgery, & he ordered therapy during my healing process, One yr. later I am in no pain, have no scars & am back to doing all my normal activites. Dr. Goldberg takes time with his patients & is very caring and particular about how procedures are done - before the operation & afterward. He is very professional, yet cares about you & checked on my progress regularly with office visits. His staff is wonderful & very gracious. I Thank all of them.Anita Vandegrift

|  caring and compassionate  |  show details
Aug 7th, 2011

I had a torn rotator cuff and needed surgery. After consulting a few doctors I chose the best, Dr. Goldberg. He took his time with me and explained the surgery and post surgery process. He is an excellent surgeon,a caring person and it comes through in every visit. I had surgery on June 27,2011. Every aspect of the surgery went smoothly. I have a problem with my other shoulder and will go back to Dr. Goldberg when the time comes.

|  DMV  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2011

Wonderful doctor. Very smart.Caring and considerate. Highly recommended. When another doctor referred me to him I knew he was good. (Even though I can't dance for a month)!!! But it will be worth it in the long run!!!

|  show details
Jul 27th, 2011

He operated on my shoulder , which was the first operation in my life.I was nervous beforehand and he was able to reassure me prior to the operation, which was an absolute success. His followup was excellent and he has an outstanding staff.Would use him again.

|  excellent doctor  |  show details
by Jeff on May 23rd, 2010

Operated to repair a torn labrum in my shoulder. Did an outstanding job and spent plenty of time with me post-op to make sure I was making good progress with rehab.His staff, especially his nurse Diane, is outstanding. Dr. Goldberg is a caring doctor who has an excellent sense of humor. Couldn't ask for better results from a surgery - it's now better than my other shoulder!

|  High Praise  |  show details
by Robert Fisher on Jan 12th, 2010

An extraordinary physician in every respect. I could not be more pleased with his warm professionalism, his skills as a surgeon and the outcome of my rotator cuff surgery thus far. One week post-op, it's been significantly easier than I had anticipated.

|  You can breathe easy  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 31st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Dr Goldberg is a caring professional and intellegent doctor. Even better he has a great sense of humor which isn`t common in most doctors! ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  He is awesome,  |  show details
by WML on Sep 24th, 2009

He fixed my shoulder, with expertise and I am forever grateful.