Shoulder Replacement show details Shoulder Replacement
by David Fingard, M.D. on Nov 27th, 2015

Ten days ago I had a painful, arthritic shoulder totally replaced by Dr. Goldberg. The surgery and anesthesia was very smooth with minimal discomfort, and I am feeling very well as I start the rehabilitation phase of my recovery. I am very satisfied. Dr. Goldberg is highly recommended.

by Bill Timmins on Jun 25th, 2015

Dr. Steven Goldberg and his entire staff have been successful in restoring my left shoulder with a "reverse" replacement. I am able to enjoy life and do most of the things I like to do. This after 6 months from the time of my surgery. Thank you Dr. Goldberg.

by Paul Resnik on May 22nd, 2015

Thank you for giving me back my life! I had a very large tear in my rotator cuff which Dr. Goldberg repaired through arthroscopic surgery. He did a wonderful job allowing me to go back to all of my activities, including golf. Dr. Goldberg is highly personal and professional. My follow up care was excellent. The staff was also excellent and caring. Thanks again!!

by Ann Shewman on Apr 30th, 2015

The entire staff is wonderful. The doctor is the very best, each staff member is polite, attentive, well trained and compassionate. The practice is a very busy one but that does not interfere with treatment. Recommend to anyone in need of a good doctor etal.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
by Dennis on Apr 24th, 2015

I had shoulder pain that was so aggressive I could not sleep! I had an MRI that showed some issues but Dr Goldberg felt surgery wasn't warranted at the time and gave me a specialized injection using some kind of ultra sound or something to guide the needle. It went right into the joint and was totally 100% painless........best injection I had ever experienced going that deep! A little sore the next day or so and then 100% relief!!! I would definitely recommend him........and he has a sense of humor as well, not the "all business" type guy. His nurse is a little gruff and could use some tuning but over all........a great experience.

Oral Surgeon show details Oral Surgeon
by Nicholas L. on Nov 5th, 2014

I had an unusually difficult case. A total shoulder replacement done elsewhere became infected and had to be removed and replaced. Dr. Goldberg was calm and reassuring through the entire process. I was golfing two months later and I'm pain free and have excellent strength and range of motion. I would highly recommend Dr Goldberg............he is extremely well trained and very compassionate.

Rotator cuff recovery show details Rotator cuff recovery
by Carol C on Jun 7th, 2014

I have had two left shoulder rotator cuff surgeries with great pain both times. This time it was my right rotator cuff, my dominant arm. Dr. Goldberg has to be the best doctor I have ever gone to, because I am literarlly out of pain and recovering rapidly. I would recommend him to anybody.

Shoulder injury show details Shoulder injury
by Tamara Z on Jan 31st, 2014

I went to Dr. Goldberg for another opinion of my frozen shoulder. I had been told that I needed surgery. From the moment I arrived at his office everyone was very helpful and friendly. When I met Dr. Goldberg he took his time explained what his opinion was. I was in a lot of pain so he suggested a cortisone shot in addition to the p.t. that I had already been doing for 6 weeks w/o much success, because of the pain. With the shot and medication I was able to complete my p.t.. I just am very thankful to Dr. Goldberg and his staff for all of his help in getting me back to my life and activites, and pain free. I would recommend him to any of my friends or family. He really cares about his patients.

No more nightime pain show details No more nightime pain
by Bob B on Nov 14th, 2013

A little over a year ago I was constantly waking up at night in pain when I rolled onto my right shoulder. I underwent a complete shoulder replacement. Dr Goldberg was terriffic and I experienced minimal pain (a 4 on a scale of 10) , underwent physical therapy and now I enjoy full use of my arm and don't show any effect from my new shoulder. Both Dr Goldberg and his staff are terriffic...they enjoy their work and are fun to be with in his office.At each appointment I meet with Dr Goldberg and he reviews the x-rays with me. He's my man!

My Rotater Cuff Surgery show details My Rotater Cuff Surgery
Aug 18th, 2012

Dr Goldberg and my shoulder:I had plenty of information prior to surgery so I knew what to expect. Dr Goldberg spent enough time with me so I felt I knew him and could trust him. At the hospital on surgery day I was treated with respect and and again given enough time to ask questions and to really understand what was happening. After surgery I had easy access to staff, primarily the nurse practitioner, to get questions answered quickly. But the best thing was how well I did in physical therapy. The therapists said over and over again that my wonderful progress was due to the excellent surgery that Dr Goldberg had done on my shoulder. Another doctor highly recommended Dr Goldberg to me and I am very thankful that I took that advice, for my recovery has been uneventful.

Great Surgeon! show details Great Surgeon!
May 29th, 2012

Dr Goldberg performed rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder in May, 2011. Now, one year later, I'm back to golfing, yoga, pilates and working out with full range of motion, no pain, and much more strength. Dr Goldberg really seemed to care and gave me plenty of his time. Obviously, his surgical skills worked very well for me, too.

Very happy that I switched to Dr Goldberg show details Very happy that I switched to Dr Goldberg
May 5th, 2012

As a tennis player with a shoulder injury (full thickness tear of rotator tendon with a spur)I wanted to return to tennis asap. I saw another physician close to my home but wanted a second opinion. So I went to see Dr Goldberg even though I was scheduled for surgery by the first surgeon. I had very little time to get the second opinion and told this to the office manager. She got me an apt the next morning. The first Dr had spent 5 min with me. Dr Goldberg spent about 25 min and also touched my arm/shoulder to evaluated my strength (something the first Dr did not do). The first Dr planned to do arthroscopic surgery making 4 holes and an incision. Dr Goldberg said that he just did arthroscopic to fix the problem and he made no incision and hadn't done it that way for about 5 years. I had made it very clear that he was my second opinion. However upon driving home (about a 45 min drive) I began to evaluate my choice. The first Dr was 5 minutes from my home but that was the only pro in his favor. Dr. Goldberg took lots more time with me; he actually touched my arm/shoulder to evaluate my strength and pain; he didn't need to make an incision; he didn't rush me at the appointment; his staff was very helpful and friendly. So I decided to have Dr Goldberg do my surgery One more important thing that made me very happy after the surgery...I had read in an article in the Walls Street Journal that the newest surgical repair was a new technique using a double row of sutures to fix tendons to bone. Upon reading my operative report I see that Dr Goldberg used a double row suture bridge repair to fix the tendons to the bone. This is where I really smiled and was so happy that I had switched Doctors :-) :-)

exceptional care show details exceptional care
Apr 2nd, 2012

I have had shoulder pain for the last 4 years, since I moved to SW Florida. I had been waiting until I went North to the NY metropolitan area to have surgery. Finally, I could not wait any longer. I had my done reseach on the internet and stumbled across Dr. Goldberg's review. What a great find. He was excellent! His office staff was very caring and efficient and the surgery was almost pain free. The PT service his office recommended was equally supurb. The PT service "A Step Ahead" on Marco Island was great. Four weeks after surgery my PT was done. I have more range of motion in the corrected shoulder than my other "good" shoulder and most of all I am pain free throughout my full range of motion. I have had surgery on other joints but this was the most expiditious, professional, and competitent surgical procedure I ever experienced. No surgery is ever enjoyable but I wonder why I waited so long?

DMV show details DMV
Aug 2nd, 2011

Wonderful doctor. Very smart.Caring and considerate. Highly recommended. When another doctor referred me to him I knew he was good. (Even though I can't dance for a month)!!! But it will be worth it in the long run!!!

Jul 27th, 2011

He operated on my shoulder , which was the first operation in my life.I was nervous beforehand and he was able to reassure me prior to the operation, which was an absolute success. His followup was excellent and he has an outstanding staff.Would use him again.

excellent doctor show details excellent doctor
by Jeff on May 23rd, 2010

Operated to repair a torn labrum in my shoulder. Did an outstanding job and spent plenty of time with me post-op to make sure I was making good progress with rehab.His staff, especially his nurse Diane, is outstanding. Dr. Goldberg is a caring doctor who has an excellent sense of humor. Couldn't ask for better results from a surgery - it's now better than my other shoulder!

High Praise show details High Praise
by Robert Fisher on Jan 12th, 2010

An extraordinary physician in every respect. I could not be more pleased with his warm professionalism, his skills as a surgeon and the outcome of my rotator cuff surgery thus far. One week post-op, it's been significantly easier than I had anticipated.

He is awesome, show details He is awesome,
by WML on Sep 24th, 2009

He fixed my shoulder, with expertise and I am forever grateful.