Dr. Steven Goldfarb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 23rd, 2016
Stay away from this guy. Far away.
He screwed up my hip replacement leaving my leg over 2 centimeters too long. Ignored extreme pain for two days until nurses complained. Still admitted no fault. After over a year still in pain. No repeat operation possible. This is a BAD surgeon. And a liar.

November 20th, 2015
Avoid this guy like the plague
Was in need of total knee replacement in both legs. Left knee was far worse than my right, so I agreed to have just my left knee done. I've never known anyone that's has knee replacement, do was at the mercy of the doctor to steer me down the best path. That was my mistake. Just glad I didn't allow him to do both knees at the same time as he recommended... End result, severe infection resulting in my knee swelling bigger than my waist and so badly infected that I wasn't even coherent by day 5. This guy actually argued with my home health nurse that there was nothing wrong even after he sent him pictures... The nurse encouraged me to go back to the hospital that night to the er. The doctor then reluctantly agreed to reopen my knee the next morning. The hospital actually an infectious disease doctor to my case even though Goldfarb insisted there was no infection... His arrogance and rude behavior was beyond my comprehension. Even had I not ended up with a severe infection, his plan was to keep me in the hospital for 4 days with no PT, transition to a wheel chair for 3 to 4 more days before transitioning to a walker. Since he used antiquated procedures such as a drain and staples, I wasn't able to even shower for over a week let alone do any real physical therapy. Not only was he an arrogant jerk, his while plan was just as flawed as his personality. Flash forward 3 years to today. I am 8 days after having a real doctor replace my right knee and I am already walking without as much as a cane. I was released the same day of surgery using a walker. Was in physical therapy 4 days later and down to using a cane on day 5. By day 7, I was able to flex my new knee to 111 degrees. It took me six months from surgery to bend my left knee thus far thanks to Goldfarb... I really didn't know how important researching a surgeon was until I didn't do my homework and suffered as a result. Never go with a doctor that still uses staples and verify their infection rates... Above all, stay away from this guy!!!

June 25th, 2015
Avoid this guy!
Botched surgery. Left me crippled for life. Denied anything went wrong. He was defensive, arrogant, seemed to be pleading for it to go away but the results are obvious. Lied. Contridicted himself. His record of the operation could have been written before as it reads like a model op. Still in pain after 6 months.

April 26th, 2015
What a jerk
Totally botched surgery. So cocky, to hear him tell it everything was perfect.

February 21st, 2015
AWESOME DR!!
He was able to repair the damage to my knee by previous surgeries!!

March 19th, 2014
wonderful results
Dr Goldfarb was a wonderful surgeon and helped me in a very trying time in my life. I had a previous hip revision 6 weeks before I met him and I had fallen at my house and then began dislocating the prosthesis almost every other day. I am a young mother with two small children, one still a toddler, and Dr Goldfarb was very understanding of my needs and did his best to take care of me in a difficult situation. He performed a second surgery on me replacing the failed device and I am so thankful that I was able to meet him and get my young energetic life back on track! I would recommend him to anyone in need of orthopaedic treatment. He will not let you down. Now it is 6 months later and I'm back to work, back to chasing my kids, walking and living life!

February 26th, 2014
dr. Goldfarb was very honest with me about my condition he gave me my options then explained what he felt the best course of treatment was.he did not send me for a lot of expensive testing that would not change the outcome of his diagnosis or treatment

August 9th, 2013
Incredibly rude. Saw me for a total of 3 minutes. Although the ttendinitis that I have is a mild case I was recommended by urgent care to see him. Hopefully he reads this and can at least remember to close patient room door before complaining and barking at his poor staff.

July 6th, 2013
Dr. Goldfarb asked me how I injured my knee, but interrupted me before I could finish explaining what happened. He lacks "bedside" manner and doesn't give the patient time to talk. His diagnosis was right on with what I'd already researched.

October 13th, 2011
Dr. Goldfarb treated me for a badly broken arm. He explained to me exactly what her would be doing, even showing me some x-rays of a similar break. He is very blunt - but I like that. He does an extremely good job, and tells it like it is!

October 4th, 2011
Dr. Goldfarb was recommended to me as someone who would be able to correct and repair a 10 year old replaced knee which had been mis-alinged when it was put in.Dr. Goldfarb did everything he said he could do: he replace half of the knee, steighten my leg, improved my walk and reduced my pain. He is 100% into his work!

October 27th, 2009
Great Doctor!
Dr. Goldfarb is a fabulous orthopedic surgeon. I visited him with neck pain and he discovered a herniated disk. He is not one to jump into surgery as the cure. He had me go through physical therapy and steroid treatment to help recover. He spent more than enough time with me and made sure that I was fully aware of my options.