Dr. Steven Golombek Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Golombek?

COPD

COPD

Have you seen Dr. Steven Golombek?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

July 28th, 2016

I saw him for unexplained periodic severe joint pains that recurred over a period of several years. He yawned throughout my visit. Insisted on injecting my shoulder for what he claimed was bursitis even though I told him the pain comes and goes. Told me my problem was old age. I have a new dr who diagnosed me with RA. Feeling much better. Would never recommend this dr.

October 14th, 2015

Horrible rheumatologist. He has no interest in this field. I only hope he is a better allergy doctor

June 3rd, 2015

Nice man but after many years I still feel like a face in the crowd. Very punctual. I often feel I need to rush through appointments. If your symptoms aren't terrible, don't expect much.

January 19th, 2015

This is a highly competent and caring physician.

I like this guy. He is easy to talk to. He didn't rush me. I felt heard. Ultimately, he had to operate and now I'm better.

November 19th, 2012

Not recommended

Dr Golomnek visit was 5 minutes , no additional test for my condition poor diagnoses. Seem like he doesn't care about the patient. According to him I have Arthitis is nothing he can do to help me , I just have to wait until the condition get worse. Not recommended . I am looking for Arthritis specialis some one that really care about the patIent.

April 24th, 2012

This is a meat market

This Doctor has you in and out in 5min.Thats scary. Getting med's fill is a nightmare.

March 8th, 2012

Don't expect professional treatment or a diagnosis

I was diagnosed with RA 3 years ago and was treated by another doctor with good results. Unfortunately my doctor no longer accepted my medical insurance and I went to Dr. Golombeck. I have been under his care for about 4 months and have never felt worse. He changed my medication and then stopped it stating I do not have RA although he he put me on steroids. He also could not speculate what he thought my medical issue is, nor did not want to take any additional blood work or tests. He spends less than 2 minutes during examinations ( my last visit he examined me for 30 seconds). He is always very vague and tells me I do not have inflammation in my hands or feet, although I always can not close my hands and sometimes tie my shoes. I do not feel like he is up to date with the latest treatments or tests and will be going to another RA doctor.

August 9th, 2011

OVER MEDICATION!

I am 24 years old, and I have been diagnosed with RA. Started on 4 pills of methotrexate per week. Next visit, because I had no relief,he raised it to 6. Next visit, I explained that I can barely walk, I constantly limp, and have overwhelming pain in my knee and anke. He says he does not believe the pain is from RA!! Okay fine, but then he increases my doses again to 8 pills/week. Why would he increase my dose if he does not believe the pain is from RA. Methotrexate is a very strong serious drug.. and considering I am going to be on tx most likely for the rest of my life, why does he not take this into consideration. I should be on the lowest possible dose thats effective! Wait time, is always long, staff is not friendly, and he does not listen to me at all.

January 1st, 2011

Uncaring doctor. No diagnosis but high fee for office visit.

This standoffish person was interested only in collecting a large fee for an office visit during which there was no interest in my condition or willingness to offer treatment.

August 25th, 2010

Dr Golombeck saw me for about five minutes. for which he charged $300.00. His diagnosis was that I am too old for treatment.Subsequently, I went to a second doctor and have been receiving some successful treatmen. My condition is severe, but I am still a productive woman (Sr. Research Professr) with much to do. He simply wrote me off as a useless senior citizen.Rarely have I met with such cynicism from a medical professional allegedly dedictaed to helping people.

November 28th, 2009

exceptional care

August 5th, 2009

I would not say that he is a Bad doctor but I personally do not like Him. He is a bit cold and uncaring, and I read that the treatment he gave me for my Lupus was not the best(several side affects)when I requested another treatment he said that was the only one,but after seeing another docter I was confirmed that they where better alternatives.