Internist, Pediatrician
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Money hungry, lack of caring show details Money hungry, lack of caring
Nov 11th, 2015

After having Dr. Grogg as my physician for several years, I was very disappointed today. Just last month my mother in law said she needed a new physician, one that was not just interested in how many times they could make you come in for an office visit, so that they could bill you more. I had never had this issue with this practice before, and they had always seemed to ACT like they cared, so I referred her to Dr. Grogg. I recently switched jobs, so my insurance does not take effect until December. I had a UTI last month, so I had to be seen. It was $135 up front. No, they do not try to help or work with you if you are not insured for any amount of time. That was just to see the nurse practioner, not for the UA. I called the office yesterday for a prescription refill of my adderal and went by to pick it up today. Nurse Carey says, "it's been 3 months since she has been seen, so she will have to make an appointment if she wants a refill." I explained that I was just seen last month. She said that although nurse practioner Pam stated I have ADD, she did not say it was discussed, so I will need to make and pay for another visit. I asked the receptionist if they remember that I am not insured at this time, that I just paid for a visit out of pocket a few weeks ago, and that I was seen by a physician. She said they knew that, but the doctor said he would not write for another refill unless I made another pointless appointment, so that they could make more money. I am the Director of Nursing for my company and this medication benefits me, do you think he cares? They do not care that it is $135 when I was just seen and paid that amount. This is robbery. This should not be allowed. Does anybody know who to report this behavior to?

by christine adamow on Oct 19th, 2015

Dr. Grogg is a through, state of the art physician. He uses common sense, current medical dogma, and offers a variety of preventive and prescriptive approaches to health issues. he uses a holistic and western medical approach...I think he is tops!

Please post this positive review-seems all you post is negative show details Please post this positive review-seems all you post is negative
by Sue Byerly on Feb 21st, 2015

Dr. Grogg is very attentive. He listens. He helps me find answers to my complaints that no other doctor has even paid attention to. Since going to him I feel better than I have in years, my health is much improved, my energy is better, etc. I trust him. Please post some of the positive reviews this is a fine doctor. And is nurse is good too!

A Good Doctor show details A Good Doctor
Oct 17th, 2012

Dr. Grogg is a very good doctor. His personality takes a little getting used to and I do feel he is a doctor to make money more than to make people healthy. However, he seems to be able to do both so I shall continue to see him. His bedside manner, I don't know anything about but his office manner is that of a man who knows what he is doing and wants to get it done as quickly as possible. As his use of technology increases his human contact seems to decrease. He will have a conversation with you but never take his eyes off the laptop while he is doing it.I would and do recommend him to people as he is a good doctor.

Never again show details Never again
May 7th, 2012

The office charged an outrageous "new patient fee" of US$ 338. This is unheard of. Office staff was unfriendly and conducted a set of "routine tests" no matter what your symptoms are - just to charge you for it. Never again.

Not the best show details Not the best
Apr 16th, 2012

This office is very unprofessional. I needed a consult with an EMT and waited two weeks for scheduler to get me set up for consult. After several calls to scheduler with no answer, did my own research, found a EMT and set up my own appointment!They do not call back with lab results, I had to call to find out what was going on. Dr. Grogg is always busy looking at his computer rather than looking at me and discussing what is going on with me.Never would recommend this office to anyone.

Poor practices in the billing department show details Poor practices in the billing department
Apr 16th, 2012

My wife is under his care on last visit Paid balance of bill in full in cash got letter from office saying we have an outstanding balance of $23.00 from over a year ago and we have been discharged from his care! Wife calls and asks why did you not inform me of this bill when I paid my bill last time I was here she had no answer just sorry that's our policy

Wouldn't even look at me........ show details Wouldn't even look at me........
Jan 17th, 2012

I have finally found a new Doctor! Caring, attentive, qualitied and also LISTENS to me. It is NOT Dr.Grogg. I started with Dr. Grogg many years ago and loved his bedside manner, attention and knowledge. SINCE then, as I visit him, he wouldn't even look at me! He was concentrating on the laptop and "inputting info" I want a Dr. that is there for me and listens. My cholesteral went down, he doubled the medication (from which I was having MANY side effects). I was having issues with medications causing problems, he didn't listen. The office staff is "otherwise occupied", and not proffesional. I have not been to him for over 2 years. Am off all of the medications HE put me on and feel healthier than I have in 10 years! State of the art isn't so great!

office staff and dr connection show details office staff and dr connection
Jan 20th, 2011

I get many ph cls from nurse type people with not complete information. UP NORTH THE DR CLS WITH RESULTS THAT ARE NT GOOD, SO PTS CAN ASK ???. Here you get we willl call u bk. Takes all day. DR it those kinds of cls I am sure more would get done sooner.

Extremely thorough! show details Extremely thorough!
Mar 8th, 2010

Would recommend anyone to see him. One of my other doctors recommended him - I loved him. Very detailed and to the point - answered all my questions.

Worst office ever. show details Worst office ever.
Jan 7th, 2010

1.5 hour wait past appointment time.Cannot schedule an evening appointment, but you can rest assured you will end up with one.Cannot contact staff because they are never in the office for their posted office hours. The whole office takes 3 hour lunch. There is no way to leave a message on their phone system.They will charge you for a no-show if you leave their practice and you had a routine appt pre-scheduled. (If you try to officially cancel the appointment over the phone, you wont be able to get a hold of them.)

Aug 3rd, 2009

Highly recommend Dr. Grogg. Very thorough. Progressive office. Pleasant, friendly staff. Knowledgable nurses.