Otolaryngologist, Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Plastic Surgeon
One Shrader Street
1 Shrader St Ste 510
San Francisco, CA 94117
415-379-9900
Locations and availability (1)

2.0

|  Inconsiderate from front to back  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2013

I don't usually write reviews unless it's terribly bad or exceptionally good. Unfortunately, Dr Sloan falls in the terribly bad category. I had seen Dr Sloan 3 times. The first time I waited over an hour. The second for 50 minutes and the third time, I walked out after waiting 20 minutes. His staff is rude and incompetent. They don't offer any explanations for the delay. The last appointment when I walked out, I explained to the lady at the front desk about previous wait time and said the constant delays were not acceptable. She said, "yeah" and that was it. Dr Sloan himself make you wait for an additional 10 minutes after I'm are in the examining room. Then he rushes through his examination when he finally sees me. He prescribed an ear med that had temporary relief for his diagnose of swimmer's ear. Which I now have high doubt that it was misdiagnose. Avoid the aggravation and find another doctor who isn't so inconsiderate and incompetent.

|  poor bedside manner  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

My dad is 80 years old and has cancer. He had been in another part of the hospital for surgery to remove and test this cancer spot and he was referred to Dr. Sloan for further review of a spot that was questionable inside his mouth for cancer. My dad was given Vicodin for the pain from surgery and when he was in the waiting room of Dr. Sloan's office he started to get sick in a garbage can. Dr. Sloan came rushing out of his office and pushed my dad's wheel chair out of his office and down the hall saying he couldn't be in his office like this and telling my mom she needed to get him out of his office while he was pushing his chair down the hallway towards the elevator and pushing the buttons for the doors to open. This whole time my dad is getting sick and my mom is telling the Dr. to just leave, she was taking care of him and had it covered. Dr. Sloan never offered water or napkins or even asked if my dad was ok. He doesn't deserve to be apart of the amazing team of doctors at St. Mary's with this type of bedside manner. I am very disappointed and angry to learn that my parents were treated like this.

|  Proceed at your own RISK!  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2011

BAD SERVICE> I have filed a complaint w/ the BBB. Here's my bad experience leading to this recourse:- Surgery suggested to correct a deviated septum by Dr. Sloan.- Dr. STEVEN H. SLOAN suggests that he can also make cosmetic corrections for me too, they may cost around 1K additional and are not covered by insurance.- I inform him I cannot justify this cost; proceed with the deviated septum corrections only, it's covered by insurance.- He assures me that he can make the corrections once the Operating room is booked, just kinda "do the work"....don't worry about the cost. Implying I will not incur additional costs out of pocket. "We'll work it out"- After surgery, I'm told I DO owe him for the extra cosmetic surgery, and he requests cash!? He practically corners me in the office demanding cash on follow up visits. This is ODD behavior. Other doctors have NEVER gotten personally involved in money collection.- They continue to send me an invoice for $35 for the copay, which I previously paid. I paid this and have provided them proof of payment repeatedly (copy of CC statement transaction on same date at their location). At least 6 requests for the payment I have already paid. I call them one day; they VERBALLY mention the extra fee's they want to collect reaming for the cosmetic corrections - but they WILL NOT SEND AN INVOICE for it. Never once have they sent a written document reflecting this service transaction.- This makes me uncomfortable, and extremely frustrated. Suspicious activity occurring here.ACCT: #: 29698A1361

|  warning!!!  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

If you want a doctor who takes time with you, explains what he is going to do, the implications of the procedure, and the after effects, do not see this doctor. If you want a doctor who comes at you aggressively with instruments and in effect "rapes" your nose, this is your man.

|  great experience  |  show details
Sep 28th, 2010

Dr, Sloan was the first and only ear doctor who correctly diagnosed my condition. Without his expertise, wamth, compassion and knowledge I would still be suffering from the problem and be in far worse shape than I am. i can`t speak highly enough of him. He spent more than enough time with me. He explained everything to me and he pointed me in a direction to seek further help. My experience with him was very fine.

|  Aoid this greedy doctor  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2009

very bad manners. Has no respect for his patients. will not discuss the procedure and will proceed to performing invasive procedures without warning the patient. What bothered me the most is not washing his hands between different patients.

|  Rude, mysoganistic, condescending pig.  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2009

I had a terrible experience with this doctor. He was extremely combative, did not take into consideration my needs, or questions, and had THEE worst bedside manner of any so-called physician I have ever had the misfortune of meeting. I felt disgusting when I left. Hands down the single worst medical experience of my life.