Dr. Steven Hatch MD Patient Reviews

1.7
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

August 8th, 2015
This appointment was scheduled by the infectious disease team prior to leaving the hospital. My 84 year old Mom was admitted with a ruptured gallbladder, hence the infection. We arrived 10 minutes before scheduled appointment and after waiting 30 minutes Dr. Hatch came out and apologized for running late. He then said "I am now going to lunch." Fifteen minutes later the medical assistant came out and weighed my Mom and brought us into a room. We waited another 15 minutes and then a medical student class 2016 came into the room and spoke to us and looked at her pic line and drain. She left the room after 10 minutes and we waited another 10 minutes for Steven Hatch M.D. After explaining to the doctor that the VNA was not coming to house today and that they left her drain to be emptied by him and also the flush he was taken aback. He said that he didn't do this. I said "what is the point of us being here?" He said "when there is a pic line that always needs to be checked." He never looked at this once. He said he needed to consult with someone else and left the room. After 10 minutes he came back and said he spoke to one of his colleagues and they decided to call the VNA and tell them they needed to come to my Mom's house and care for her drain. He also said we were being passes around like a "hot potato" and should have seen the doctor that saw her in the hospital. This was not a pleasant experience.