Dr. Steven Hemmerdinger MD Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

January 29th, 2017
I saw Dr. Hemmerdinger in Poughkeepsie after having seen a few other ENT doctors in the area. He was able to help me at my first visit. He knew exactly what was going on with my throat and knew exactly how to treat it. He took his time to explain everything to me (even using a poster on the wall to explain in detail). I highly recommend Dr. Hemmerdinger. He is a great doctor.

December 13th, 2016
RUDE

December 13th, 2016
Poor Bedside Mannor
This "dr" is rude, lacks personality only gave me a 15 minute exam, exited the office, never to return, and charged me $400!

December 1st, 2016
Dr. Hemmerdinger was curtious and thorough diagnosing my son's condition. He has had two procedures with Dr. Hemmerdinger with excellent outcomes. He is professional, and has an excellent bedside manner.

September 9th, 2016
Thyroidectomy (excellent)
I have only good things to say about this doctor, who has been treating me for close to two years and who recently operated on me (thyroidectomy). I find him to be an outstanding physician and surgeon. He was the first doctor to finally correctly diagnose my thyroid problem, which had gone unrecognized by other doctors for decades. Although he told me the thyroid should be removed, he did not pressure me into surgery (which I was resistant to). After sending me for the necessary tests to rule out any urgent factors that would require immediate surgery, he was willing to respect my preference to "watch and wait." Once it became clear, however, that surgery shouldn't be put off any longer, he guided me through it with understanding and kindness (I was extremely nervous and apprehensive, especially as my case involved several complicating factors). He took whatever time was necessary to explain clearly and thoroughly everything I wanted to know, and he answered all my (many) questions and concerns with patience and good grace. (I did, however, make some appointments just to discuss some of these things.) He was reassuring and supportive in a way that inspired confidence and helped me to overcome my fears and anxiety about the surgery, including on the morning of the surgery. The operation went perfectly; I recovered quickly, with almost no pain and without any complications; and I am now feeling much better than before and am so glad I had the surgery. I find him to be rather serious and matter-of-fact, but for me, that's a plus: he focuses on one's medical concerns, rather than wasting time with irrelevant and distracting chitchat. At the same time, he has always been very nice, pleasant, respectful and courteous.

May 1st, 2015
Sinus surgery
I went to see Dr. Hemmerdinger after having had previous sinus surgery for polyps that went horrible. He was the first doctor that explained to me why my sinus problems were so bad. The surgery was easily scheduled with his office and went exactly as planned. He provided me with more than adequate pain relief of which I didn't even require much. I had been worried about nasal packing and the postoperative visits, but he used exclusively absorbable materials and the first follow-up appointment was smooth and painless. So far, I feel great and my sinuses are much better.

February 11th, 2015
Dr. Hemmerdinger treats my 3yr old son. He is great with him. He recently had his adenoids and tonsils removed. From the cons to the post op everything has gone smoothly. He is very easy to talk to and listens. Which is very important. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hemmerdinger to anyone needing an ENT doc.

December 3rd, 2014
I have never in my life felt the need to write a review about a doctor as I do now. I took my child to our medical group and had a exam done by Dr. Hemmerdinger who was basically assigned to her since her original ENT had retired/left the group. I specifically requested a pediatric ENT. I could tell the minute this man walked into the room that this was going to be an awful exam. He is very arrogant with zero bedside manner. He was quick to answer questions and he had an air about him as if my questions were bothersome and my answers to him were not up to par. My daughter is very sensitive. I mentioned this several times. ANY doctor..especially her previous ENT Dr. Mihail always approached in a friendly/calming manner. THIS should be standard from any doctor working with children. This man made zero attempt to warm up to my 5 year old. Instead continued to rush along the 5 minute appointment by ramming the device down her ears. During the ramming he stated that her reaction of crying was STRANGE..also how she presented getting ear infections were strange. He used the word strange at least 3 times. I even gave him a minute to back track and insert an apology when I looked at my daughter and said "oh you must just be strange then"...he said nothing rushed us out to make a followup appointment. Yeah NO THANKS. hide details

July 1st, 2014
One of the worst!
Very ignorant and hard headed! Thinks he knows it all, there are better doctors out there. This man is a butcher! Think twice before going to see him!

March 28th, 2014
Horrible!! Nasty! atrocious! conceited! very arrogant!!!!!!!!
This is the WORST doctor Iv'e ever been to in history!!!!!!!!!!! Please think twice before you see this man, NEVER let him touch you!!!! Horrible manners and horrible beside manners!! There are way better doctors out there that can treat you way better then him.. My first visit he said, " I'm trying to figure out why is she here?" And he tells you your wrong for anything you say to him and doubts the patient lack of knowledge... Almost seems to have an attitude that he even has patients.. I'm shocked he got into medical school! He's rude and awful!!! 1st and LAST visit! I NEVER went back!! NEVER let him touch you or operate on you!!!!! Save yourself the time and money by finding a better doctor.. He's a butcher! Very ignorant!!!!!!! And very arrogant!!!!

January 25th, 2014
This man is an atrocious surgeon.
Don't ever let this man operate on you. He never learned anything about being a nice. His bed-side manner or lack there of is atrocious. The guy is a total tool. Most importantly, he never learned anything about immediate post operative pain control. He is inhumane by writing sub standard post op pain control orders after performing surgery. That's what he did for me. Allowed me to suffer after my surgery and was unreachable per the nursing staff. This guy is really bad and doesn't care about his patients. I SUFFERED TREMENDOUSLY BECAUSE OF THIS MAN. I'm a critical care RN and I know more about pain management post op than this man. Terrible post op management. Not to mention he didn't talk to me or see me before or after my surgery. Atrocious surgeon. NEVER LET DR. HEMMERDINGER TREAT YOU.

November 4th, 2013
I would never recommend Steven hemmerdinger to anyone. He was unable to clear wax out of my sons ear , continually flushed his ear and was in his ear with the vacuum until my son - who was dealing very well, considering- started to jump occasionally bc his ear ws becoming very sensitive. Steven Hemmerdinger was visabaly annoyed that my 7 year old was jumping and would sigh and roll his eyes. Horrible. I took my son and left and will never go back. Think twice before you go see this man.