Dr. Steven Hendrickson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Hendrickson?

November 29th, 2015

Excellent surgeon

I am very pleased that I went with Dr Hendrickson. After surgery, in ICU, the nurse was dressing my incision. She ask the charge nurse what is that under the clear plastic at the incision. After checking for few minutes, they determined it to be a pain needle, stating that they had heard of this, but never seen before. Must have worked, I had minimal pain. When talking to him/asking questions, it was easy to see that this was not his first rodeo!! I could not be more happy with the time he took with me in his office and in the hospital. He visited me twice a day for 5 days along with other doctors & PA's from the staff. Answered all my questions never seemed to be in big hurry. When leaving the hospital, I was given complete instructions, telephone numbers & addresses in case of emergency. Excellent bed side manners! Cordial and caring! I am still in recovery, but getting along great, thanks to Dr Hendrickson. I would highly reccomend this surgeon!

February 1st, 2011

Excellent Surgeon BUT...

Dr. Hendrickson has all the necessary qualities of an excellent surgeon, but I was disappointed in his overall interaction with me (my husband's caretaker) after the surgery. I'm not a medical professional, and I called with a question about my husband's blood pressure after discharge. I did call his service on Sunday, but nevertheless, this really isn't an excuse. He laughed at my concern,spoke down to me, and treated me rudely overall. It made me angry, and I spoke to the business office at his practice. They could not have been more apologetic, but I doubt it will go much further than that. His actions were that of a prima uomo (male for prima donna), and on the first few meetings I did not see that. So in summary, my husband and I are happy with the outcome of his surgery. Moses Cone Hospital treated us with respect and care, all staff at Dr. Hendrickson's office and at Moses Cone were first rate. I'm just disappointed in Dr. Hendrickson's response to my concerns, and his short,brisk manner in the hospital room. I'm trying to remember he's a busy man, but I will say that respect and interaction don't end at the completion of surgery.

November 11th, 2008