Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 9th, 2015

Hard to get appointment, but he is a great surgeon. I am preparing for my third surgery and would not consider anyone else. Just wish you could get in quicker, but understand if you are good you are busy.

Jul 7th, 2015

Dr. Hess did an excellent job. I've felt so good since he did a procedure on my back. I highly recommend him.

None better show details None better
by Sue/Ron on Apr 9th, 2015

Dr. Hess is absolutely the best. We truly cannot thank him enough.

wonderful experience show details wonderful experience
by bryan behm on Apr 7th, 2015

Pure health did an awful job of referring me to him/ passing the ball but he himself was a very professional doctor with attentive staff.

Feb 10th, 2014

Dr. Hess tells you like it is and I appreciate that. He did an anterior cervical fusion on me in 2009 that was a great success. I am now going in for laminectomy thoracic 1/2. He was upfront about what results may or may not be. As a retired nurse, I checked him out thoroughly before my first surgery. In my opinion, he is one of the top neurosurgeons in the Kansas City area.

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
Dec 3rd, 2012

Dr. Hess is a very good doctor. Had a very serious back problem and only took one pain pill after surgery. Was back at work in 5 weeks.

Dr Hess - Professional - Talented - Caring show details Dr Hess - Professional - Talented - Caring
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr Hess has performed 2 lower back surgeries, one 11 years ago and the other 10 days ago. All the time Dr Hess has been professional and caring. The first surgery is a huge success and causes me no pain or problems. The second surgery I imagine will turn out like the first. I had immediate relief from a herniated disc and stenosis in another. I awoke from surgery with none of the pain from the the mentioned problems. The only pain I have now is a slight pain from the incision and muscle pain from walking with good posture vs barely walking

Jul 23rd, 2012

He is a great surgeon but to get someone on the phone is like pulling teeth...ugh

Very extensive back surgery show details Very extensive back surgery
Jul 7th, 2012

Had a 5 level 7 hour fusion surgery. He did an excellent job and pain is mostly gone. He had to repair damage from a poor surgery I had 12 years before from another doctor. He is a very busy Dr. but makes time for his patients and knows what he is doing. God bless him.

Flawless Spine surgery show details Flawless Spine surgery
Nov 4th, 2011

absolutely without a doubt the best possible experience. Dr Hess did a wonderful job in reliving my pain with a terribly difficult surgical proceedure.

Did complicated Back Surgery show details Did complicated Back Surgery
Feb 8th, 2011

Did a 7 hour, complete lumbar fusion and stenosis surgery, he did a terrific job. My back pain has pretty much gone (7 mos out).Office staff is great.

Two unrelated surgeries show details Two unrelated surgeries
Dec 10th, 2010

Dr Hess saved my life and provided full, normal function for a neurological problem experienced in 1997. He recently operated highly successfully on herniated disks. I give him the highest marks in all aspects of his care and skill.

Neck reconstruction of 4 vertb cervical show details Neck reconstruction of 4 vertb cervical
by Dougie De on Aug 12th, 2010

Dr. Hess was awesome, he gave me a prelim. diognosis ran a spinal mri and got right to the trouble fixed it and I am good as new. I can tell when its gonna rain but the pain is gone.

Oct 20th, 2009

He's a great doc but has a terrible bedside manner