Dr. Steven Hess MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 31st, 2017
Horrible
I'm in a lot of pain, I can interpret the dictated reports from the radiologist on the mylogram and MRI I had done, what's messed up is Dr Hess thinks I don't understand what's going on, long story short I'm find a different surgeon to look at the tests I had done, not wasting anymore time dealing with Dr Hess, there are other neurosurgeons available, I recommend to all to always get a second opinion.

May 31st, 2017
Severe spinal stenosis
Had a Mylogram done and an MRI, and flex x-rays done. Dr Hess spent less than 2 minutes with me during my visit, he didn't explain any of those expensive tests I had done, having severe headaches daily, both legs go numb with severe back pain, this Dr was the biggest waste of my time, don't recommend Dr Hess to anyone, roll the dice and you will find out.

September 9th, 2015
Hard to get appointment, but he is a great surgeon. I am preparing for my third surgery and would not consider anyone else. Just wish you could get in quicker, but understand if you are good you are busy.

July 7th, 2015
Dr. Hess did an excellent job. I've felt so good since he did a procedure on my back. I highly recommend him.

April 9th, 2015
None better
Dr. Hess is absolutely the best. We truly cannot thank him enough.

April 7th, 2015
wonderful experience
Pure health did an awful job of referring me to him/ passing the ball but he himself was a very professional doctor with attentive staff.

February 10th, 2014
Dr. Hess tells you like it is and I appreciate that. He did an anterior cervical fusion on me in 2009 that was a great success. I am now going in for laminectomy thoracic 1/2. He was upfront about what results may or may not be. As a retired nurse, I checked him out thoroughly before my first surgery. In my opinion, he is one of the top neurosurgeons in the Kansas City area.

December 3rd, 2012
Great Doctor
Dr. Hess is a very good doctor. Had a very serious back problem and only took one pain pill after surgery. Was back at work in 5 weeks.

September 18th, 2012
Dr Hess - Professional - Talented - Caring
Dr Hess has performed 2 lower back surgeries, one 11 years ago and the other 10 days ago. All the time Dr Hess has been professional and caring. The first surgery is a huge success and causes me no pain or problems. The second surgery I imagine will turn out like the first. I had immediate relief from a herniated disc and stenosis in another. I awoke from surgery with none of the pain from the the mentioned problems. The only pain I have now is a slight pain from the incision and muscle pain from walking with good posture vs barely walking

July 23rd, 2012
He is a great surgeon but to get someone on the phone is like pulling teeth...ugh

July 7th, 2012
Very extensive back surgery
Had a 5 level 7 hour fusion surgery. He did an excellent job and pain is mostly gone. He had to repair damage from a poor surgery I had 12 years before from another doctor. He is a very busy Dr. but makes time for his patients and knows what he is doing. God bless him.

November 4th, 2011
Flawless Spine surgery
absolutely without a doubt the best possible experience. Dr Hess did a wonderful job in reliving my pain with a terribly difficult surgical proceedure.