Neurological Surgeons
9119 W 74th St
Ste 260
Overland Park, KS 66204
913-432-1100
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 10th, 2014

Dr. Hess tells you like it is and I appreciate that. He did an anterior cervical fusion on me in 2009 that was a great success. I am now going in for laminectomy thoracic 1/2. He was upfront about what results may or may not be. As a retired nurse, I checked him out thoroughly before my first surgery. In my opinion, he is one of the top neurosurgeons in the Kansas City area.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Dec 3rd, 2012

Dr. Hess is a very good doctor. Had a very serious back problem and only took one pain pill after surgery. Was back at work in 5 weeks.

|  Dr Hess - Professional - Talented - Caring  |  show details
Sep 18th, 2012

Dr Hess has performed 2 lower back surgeries, one 11 years ago and the other 10 days ago. All the time Dr Hess has been professional and caring. The first surgery is a huge success and causes me no pain or problems. The second surgery I imagine will turn out like the first. I had immediate relief from a herniated disc and stenosis in another. I awoke from surgery with none of the pain from the the mentioned problems. The only pain I have now is a slight pain from the incision and muscle pain from walking with good posture vs barely walking

Jul 23rd, 2012

He is a great surgeon but to get someone on the phone is like pulling teeth...ugh

|  Very extensive back surgery  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2012

Had a 5 level 7 hour fusion surgery. He did an excellent job and pain is mostly gone. He had to repair damage from a poor surgery I had 12 years before from another doctor. He is a very busy Dr. but makes time for his patients and knows what he is doing. God bless him.

|  Flawless Spine surgery  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

absolutely without a doubt the best possible experience. Dr Hess did a wonderful job in reliving my pain with a terribly difficult surgical proceedure.

|  Did complicated Back Surgery  |  show details
Feb 8th, 2011

Did a 7 hour, complete lumbar fusion and stenosis surgery, he did a terrific job. My back pain has pretty much gone (7 mos out).Office staff is great.

|  Two unrelated surgeries  |  show details
Dec 10th, 2010

Dr Hess saved my life and provided full, normal function for a neurological problem experienced in 1997. He recently operated highly successfully on herniated disks. I give him the highest marks in all aspects of his care and skill.

|  Neck reconstruction of 4 vertb cervical  |  show details
by Dougie De on Aug 12th, 2010

Dr. Hess was awesome, he gave me a prelim. diognosis ran a spinal mri and got right to the trouble fixed it and I am good as new. I can tell when its gonna rain but the pain is gone.

Oct 20th, 2009

He's a great doc but has a terrible bedside manner

|  so young....  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 3rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

to be so knowledgeable. Dr. Steven Hess is a well respected neurosurgeon in his field for someone who looks like a carefree, fun loving guy....

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com