Dr. Steven Hockstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Steven Hockstein?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2015

lack of basic care

Words can't described how disappointed I was with him. He was recommended by someone I knew plus the good name of NYP. I have long history of miscarriage plus advanced age. I have spoken to him regarding all these issues before I made appointment with him. During the first visit, he seemed to be very nice in person with good bedside manner. He suggested tons of genetic tests which we agreed. However, he didn't explain the steps and times of those tests need to be done. Long story short, his nurse didn't draw blood for the Beta HCG or progesterone level to confirm my pregnancy, instead she drew 9 tubes of my blood to test those genetic abnormalities that should be done during second trimester. As the result, when I started spotting over the weekend, I didn't even have basic pregnancy lab results to confirm whether the pregnancy is viable or not. This is basic protocol and care. If they can't get those basic done right, you should not trust them with your precious ones. I am changing doctor if the spotting will stop. One positive note: the on call female doctor in the office answered my page promptly and ordered my basic pregnancy lab with the local lab.

October 2nd, 2015

There are two words that would properly describe Dr. Hockstein - obnoxious idiot. If you want to have any degree of control over what happens to you during labor, choose someone else. His condescending manner paired is matched only by his complete lack of respect for his patients. Run away.

April 16th, 2015

Find someone else

I researched Dr. Hocksteins reviews and knew someone who was under his care during her pregnancy and all looked good. Long story short after going through a long pregnancy someone missed something on my ultrasound and I ended up with still born babies. He seemed like a good doctor but I wouldn't rec commend him to anyone I know

April 17th, 2014

Bad doctor

Wow this is the worst doctor I've even met, didn't listen, made mistakes, flawed in every possible way, his staff are idiots. Don't even consider this guy, instead try a healer or chiropractor, even a car mechanic. Just not him.

March 24th, 2013

I love dr hockstein he's the best

all i can said about doctor hockstein he's one of the best doctor feel really comfortable with him...he's very professional always make sure to explain any process to the patient .. he's wasn't my ob but when i saw the way he treat he's patient i decided to stay at my ob dr steve hockstein

August 21st, 2012

He changed my life

Eleven years ago Dr. Hockstein changed my life. After taking his time with me at my consultation and making sure all my options were presented - he helped my have a beautiful baby girl naturally. She turned 10 yesterday - I speak of him often and thank God everyday that he brought Dr. Hocksten into my life. I was unable to have anymore children but my girl was enough! An amazing doctor/man and staff!

April 23rd, 2012

Oustanding Dr.

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Hockstein, he's a very attentive doctor who takes his time in the appointments, you never feel rushed and he always greets you with this amazing smile. I had a very bad experience with my previous OB and for my second child I made sure to do my research and Dr. Hockstein had amazing reviews. I was not disappointed, he's really great and all the staff in his office are very nice too which for me is a plus.

May 13th, 2017