Dr. Steven Hodak MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

September 23rd, 2016
Dr. Hodak is an excellent endocrinologist. He's very prompt, knowledgeable & caring. Dr. Hodak knows what he's looking for, what tests are to be taken & gave me my biopsy result within 1 day. Had to wait a bit for my first appointment but scheduling afterwards made with ease. So glad that I made the trip into the city & found a great doctor & as always NYU Langone a wonderful hospital!

August 21st, 2016
Bad

July 7th, 2016
Dr. Hodak is an incredible endocrinologist. Not only does he know his specialty very well, he explains it very well and in detail with a great bedside manner. Once he is finished looking everything over and explaining it, he will answer and go over any questions that you may have. He spends time with you, making sure that you understand everything. What impressed me the most though, was his impressive knowledge of both thyroid issues and thyroid cancer. Unlike others in this field, this doctor really knows what he is talking about! Another great doctor and great experience at NYU! He is also unbelievably prompt!

April 22nd, 2016
Avoid if your looking for a compassionate Dr
He is an ABC Doctor - Arrogant, Belittling & Condescending. I was given 10 Minutes of his precious time and in that time, nothing was explained to me and any questions I had were treated as trivial. You are flesh & blood like everyone else Dr Hodak. No Better, No Worse.

November 4th, 2015
One of the best doctors in the field!
Through the years, I have learnt that as a patient I deserve the best of medical care. For my first appointment I had to wait for months, though it was beyond worth it!!, as Dr. Hodak was able to render an accurate diagnosis and eliminate unnecessary and rushed treatments. His knowledge is admirable, as well as his well earned confidence. I feel so relieved and so privileged that I have made this decision to wait until I was seen by Dr, Hodak, before making any hurried decisions. He is a remarkable doctor, and his superb professionalism and expertise, in the endocrinology field is so well harmonized with a pleasant and a respectful attitude, that it is beyond heartwarming! Thank you!

March 3rd, 2015
Arrogant; his neglect of investigating an issue with my thyroid nearly cost me my life. AVOID this doctor!

December 30th, 2013
Fantastic Dr.
Dr. Hodak saved my life. He is knows his stuff. Simply amazing. MY HERO!!

November 6th, 2012
OUTSTSNDING
I WOULD RECCOMEND HIM TO ANYONE. HE WAS SENSITIVE,KNOWLEDGABLE,THOROUGH,VERY PATIENT ORIENTED,TOOK ALL THE TIME WE NEEDED AND ANSWERED ALL OUR QUESTIONS, I WOULD RATE HIM VERY HIGH

October 30th, 2012
DR S. HODAK
I FEEL HE IS A VERY KNOWLEDGABLE PHYSICIAN AND HE WAS SO CARING TO MY GRANDAUGHTER AND DAUGHTER. HE DOES LIKE TESTING AT UPMC, HOWEVER HE TRUSTS THEIRTESTS AND THEY ARE EASY TO VIEW FOR HIM. WE HAD SOME DONE IN BEAVER COUNTY AND THEY WERE INACCURATE.

April 19th, 2012
Great doctor!
Great doctor--knows his stuff! Treated me for Graves Disease and was fantastic from diagnosis to radiation to hypothyroidism treatment.

March 9th, 2012
I think this doctor knows his stuff however he is very arrogant and thinks that if tests are not done in Pittsburgh that they will be inaccurate. He needs to start realizing that he works for his patients as well and accomodating their needs by allowing test to be done at their local facilities. If the hospital says UPMC then that should be good enough to get the tests done even if it is not a Pittsburgh based hospital.

January 10th, 2012
Put me at ease, very caring, explained every step of biopsy, spend time with me and my husband to ease our fears, overall I highly recommend Dr Hodak and would return to him for additional care if needed