Dr. Steven Horowitz DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 24th, 2016
Best doctor I ever had. He cares about you.

March 20th, 2016
Mr. O was my husband. He died, partially due to the bad treatment he received from Dr. Horowitz, who never washed his hands and wore the same soiled clothes each day, and cheated the billing.
Dr. Horowittz and his receptionist, Gloria took advantage of my husband and made him pay cash to get services, all the while double billing medi-care. When confronted, the receptionist suddenly had information that his medicare was not accepted. He was Diabetic, Had triple bypass surgery 10 yrs. before,diabetic neuropathy and spinal stenosis. After prescribing him heavy meds for pain for several years, he simply sent out a letter saying he was leaving the practice, and my husband was unable to get another doctor within the 2 weeks he was given. His medication was very important, and it was not the kind of thing you can just stop. He started to lose his vision, got pneumonia, went into the hospital, and was released to the care of his children, as I am disabled and wanted to be there , but the family wanted control. He passed away within 2 weeks of going to his kids' house to recover. I am devastated and so is my son, whom he adopted. We were treated badly at this office in EL CAJON, CA. and I had to find a different doctor as well. I was just lucky enough not to have to rely on the aftercare by his children . My son took care of me, and I have since found a WONDERFUL DOCTOR- without the financial cheating and the lack of proper care. Unfortunately, no amount of money will replace the man who was the love of my life. I lost 40 lbs. in a week and was physically attacked by his daughter, who blamed me for what happened. If the program would allow, his overall rating would be 0 stars.

August 16th, 2013
Paralegal (retired)
I started seeing Dr. Horowitz in early 2013. I went to him after seeing my other pain specialist for 10 years. Driving back and forth to San Diego was getting to be impossible for me due to my illnesses. I found out that Dr. Horowitz was going to El Centro 1 day a week to HELP pain patient there. I live in Arizona and am so VERY happy that I only have to drive 2 hours round trip instead of 8 hours. Dr. Horowitz is an extremely knowledge man. He puts his patients needs first and foremost. He is an excellent doctor who knows exactly what he is doing. I have been to at least 15 doctors associated with the pain field and Dr. Horowitz is one of the BEST I have been associated with. If you need a doctor to help you with your pain, HE IS THE ONE TO SEE!!

November 13th, 2012
extremely knowledgeable & caring
I have been seeing Dr Horowitz for many years and feel lucky to have him as my doctor. He is extremely knowedgable in many areas and an extremely caring physician. He will actually give the time and attention needed to find and resolve the problem. None better! And no, he did not ask me to submit this, I just forgot his phone number, looked it up online, and found it here.

November 13th, 2012
Blast from the Past
I first met Dr."Steve" back in 1989. He assisted in one of my surgeries, as well as manage my intractable pain.Any person who currently has Dr."Steve" should consider how truly blessed they are!In 1996, my insurance changed and I had to find another physician.That was 16 years ago, and I still have yet to find another doctor that parallels his talent, expertise, and (seemingly) infinite wisdom.On top of all that, he is a really nice person.

June 9th, 2012
This man is great and I trust him. I lost my last Dr. so I was so afraid of trying to replace him. This man was erecomened to me by a nurse and she was so right. The first visit I knew I had found another gem. go see this man he will help along with his great staff

May 29th, 2012
Great doc!
Have been seeing Dr. H. for 'bout 8yrs & he's the greatest...has helped me w/mind,body & soul! Want him for my "forever" doc.! He speaks w/you nt at you.explains thins in laymen terms...is a delight to deal with!And the staff are true gems..helping in everyway possible..nice as can be, making you feel like "old friends." This is a wonderful place to go for health care!!!Thank you, thank you, thank you!

March 5th, 2012
A GEART DOCOTOR I WISH THERE MORE LIKE HIM..