by Virginia on Apr 24th, 2016

I have been going to Dr Hotze for 20 years and am being treated for low thyroid, low energy and other related symptoms. He was able to optimize the medication, balance my hormones and set me free of being tired all the time. Since then I have continued to be an active part of my business, and still have energy left over for volunteering and family. Not bad for 75! The picture would have been different if I hadn't found Dr Hotze.

Run Away!!! (One star is too many) show details Run Away!!! (One star is too many)
Mar 13th, 2016

My wife of over 30 yrs wanted her life back from suffering related issues from thyroid problems. We believed in Hotze. Through 5 months of diligently taking his supplements and vitamins, she started feeling WORSE and started experiencing irregular and racing heart rhythms bad enough that we almost went to the emergency room. NO, THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT WORK FOR YOU. It will remove over $4000 from your bank account though. I will be working months of overtime recoup this money. We were hoping she would get her "quality of life" back, but Hotze put her health at risk and stole our money. I will be filing a complaint with the TX. Medical Review Board.

Great place show details Great place
by Brad Sura on Dec 18th, 2015

Great service and great staff. They treated me like a quest and not a patient.

Hotze is like going to a spa! show details Hotze is like going to a spa!
by Robyn D on Dec 13th, 2015

My first visit there they were waiting for me at the door. They led me to my room and I never had to wait in a general waiting room. The service is excellant!

Sep 16th, 2015

pricing does not seem legit

Aug 14th, 2015

I think Dr Hotze and staff are amazing! Maybe it's bc I spent a so many years fight doctors to test something other then just my TSH to finally discover that I have a thyroid problem. And then another few years fighting them to put me on armour. Or maybe it's bc I already had a good understanding of what my disease is but I did not experienced any of the negative reviews that other people have posted. I knew that it would be pricey. I vaguely knew what would be prescribed to me and why. I never once felt like anyone pushed any unnessary test or vitamins on me. In fact, I was encouraged to keep using the vitamins I already had to save money. I feel truly blessed to finally be being treated by Dr. Hotze!

Hotze Wellness Center is a Blessing and Life Saver show details Hotze Wellness Center is a Blessing and Life Saver
by LuAnn on Jun 11th, 2015

I thank God for guiding me to this clinic. Mainstream doctors failed me miserably - I had every test in the book done, MRI scans, blood work, you name it, and all they could tell me is that they didn't know what was wrong and prescribed drug after drug and told me I would have to live with my symptoms. I was only in my mid thirties and I had debilitating fatigue - I couldn't work anymore and had to move home with my parents. Yes, they ruled out mono. I also had memory issues and couldn't think well, constipation, muscle pain, insomnia, extremely dry skin, I was very weak all over, short of breath, hoarse throat, migraines, and on and on. It took me getting to the Hotze Center that FINALLY gave me the RIGHT diagnosis of hypothyroidism. I also was deficient in cortisol and progesterone. WHY COULDN'T REGULAR DOCTORS FIND THIS? For all you nay-sayers out there, you need to read this. Even the experts at Baylor couldn't help me - and this should have been easy diagnosis for them. Don't let your doctor rely only on a blood test (TSH) to decide if you have low thyroid function. So if you are looking for answers, this place is a God send. As far as price, don't spend that money on a vacation or new living room sofa and big screen TV - go and get your health back first. With mainstream doctors, and with health insurance (which ultimately did me no good), I still spent thousands of dollars trying to get answers from regular doctors. That money would have been better spent here at Hotze in the first place. Thank you, Dr. Hotze, and your staff, for actually helping people like me get well.

Health show details Health
by Andrea Arnold on Mar 22nd, 2015

Dr Hotze has helped me for the last 12 years. Hes a great educator. Lots of Drs do not get further education about the things he does. Getting to the bottom of the problem. Health was taken out of the medical teaching many years ago, so therefore we need someone to fill that space. Drs are great when needed but not for Health!!!

Thank God for Dr. Hotze. show details Thank God for Dr. Hotze.
by Thankful in Texas on Dec 11th, 2014

He helped me get pregnant with my first baby with progesterone, and then on my second baby he helped keep me healthier during the pregnancy with thyroid supplements and a few other vitamins. Now I'm a working mom of 2 with lot of energy and happiness. Thank God for Dr. Hotze.

Money making scam show details Money making scam
by Rose M. on Nov 25th, 2014

I was so hopeful that the Hotze Center was the answer to my medical problems. The Hotze Center was recommended by a medical professional. I think it is a money making scam. The costs were ludicrous. I had to pay $4200 up front and they tried to discourage me from having any testing prior to my appointment. I had several tests done prior to my appointment so that insurance would cover some of the costs. I would not have any coverage for anything performed or prescribed by the Hotze Center. I think they prey on desperate women. I wasn't treated as an individual. I believe everyone is prescribed a mammoth amount of hormones and vitamins. The vitamins alone were over $900. One hormone prescription cost over $78 for a 30 supply. I was prescribed many hormones. I began to experience many problems. I developed gastritis and esophageal erosion, likely due to the overwhelming amount of pills and vitamins I was ingesting. I feel like a fool to have spent so much money. They prey on desperate women that want answers to their post menopausal symptoms. They do not believe in taking calcium, therefore I discontinued my calcium and I got a tibial plateau stress fracture within a few months. My hair started falling out likely from the testosterone I was prescribed. My personal physician recommended discontinuation of all the prescribed hormones and to restart calcium immediately. I do not recommend treatment from this center. I do not think that you receive personalized care related to your existing problems and this can affect you negatively and can be very dangerous. I also experienced plane expenses to visit the center. So much money.... and not a positive or helpful experience.

Mark as Helpful  | 50 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Very disappointing show details Very disappointing
by Sherry on Aug 5th, 2014

His office was very nice but he is a salesman. I wasn't even diagnosed properly.

Mark as Helpful  | 26 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Costly and of no help, made my situation worse show details Costly and of no help, made my situation worse
by Lee S. on Jun 23rd, 2014

My husband listened to Dr. Hotze on the radio and encouraged me to see him. I was already taking a low dose of Armour Thyroid, but I was feeling so badly, that I made the appointment, The facility is lavish, the staff are professional, and the Doctors spend a great deal of time with the patient. They administered some tests as well as a Thermogram, which was suppose to be a better test than a mammogram. When I saw the doctor, he prescribed hormones, more Armour, a new diet, a boatload of supplements, based on the answers I gave him and assured me that they could "help me get my life back". One thing bothered me about the doctor, he seemed to be speaking rotely as if he memorized a speech which he gave each time he saw patient. I never felt like he was talking to me. I should have heeded my instinct. I ended up spending about $8000 the first day after paying the initial fee,and purchasing my meds and supplements. They do not accept insurance so I had to pay cash or charge it on a credit card. The next visit was a few months later, I still was feeling badly and even more sad than on the first visit. The doctor changed the hormones, increased the dose of the Armour Thyroid and prescribed more supplements. (I was taking so many supplements, it was as if I had another"food group" with my meals.) I began to feel worse and worse, and called the clinic. They had me get off the Armour for a few days, reduced my dose to something less that the doctor prescribed but more that the dose they put me on the first time. They tested my thyroid levels at each visit, and told me my Thryoid levels were high,(over the range considered normal by medical standards) but said it was "not unusual", they didn't really go by the "lab tests". Not once did they ever check my hormones. I begin going further downhill. I kept calling (they encourage you to call with problems) and they kept changing my hormones, and increasing the Armour. A year after my first visit, I learned that the Thermogram doesn't detect important things like "breast cancer" and was told I needed to have a mammogram. I felt somewhat abandoned. I think as soon as the clinic became aware of the problem with the Thermogram, it would have been prudent to call every patient who had one done and advise them of the faulty test (and refund the cost of the test). After about 15 months and several more thousand dollars, my life became unbearable. I became deeply depressed, cried constantly, had panic attacks every day, sometimes more than once per day, started loosing my hair, (I mean it is really thin now), and had no energy whatsoever. I followed their regimen diligently and lost my desire to even go on with life. Finally I went to an internist. She tested my Thyroid levels said they were much too high, immediately reduced my dose of Thyroid, changed the thyroid medication, gave me an antidepressant and explained to me that if I could get my Thyroid levels right, I would probably began to see and improvement is my energy and mood. I was unable to tolerate the antidepressant, but within a a few weeks, I began to feel so much better. I had new energy, my moods improved, and I have begun to actually "get my life back". I still have issues with sad moods at times, and I am presently in the process of having my hormone levels checked. Hopefully, once that is corrected, I will be back to "normal". I am sure that the doctors at this clinic have helped many people, and I believe they sincerely desire to help their patients. What frightens me is that they seem to have one approach to making you feel better...give more thyroid medication. A person can actually get too much thyroid and have the same symptoms as a person who is not getting enough thyroid. Just be cautious if you choose to visit this clinic. I don't know if it would do any good to tell the clinic this, I saw in other reviews that they will blame the patient, so I hope they read this.

Mark as Helpful  | 40 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Jul 29th, 2012

If you have a thyroid spike ,you are on your own... no emergency services!

Mark as Helpful  | 12 people found this helpful Report Abuse