Dr. Steven Hunter Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Steven Hunter?

If I have Need a Dr for Skin Cancer, he's #1

Posted on March 27th, 2015

I had melanoma skin cancer on my back about 10 years ago and he treated me. He doesn't believe in doing cosmetic surgery. What he does do is remove the cancerous area and he's extremely good at it. He states his opinion. He's going to give you the facts. If you don't like it, at least you have them. I misunderstood how often I needed to get checked. He reamed me out for it. If you're looking for "soft and cuddly" go elsewhere. He knows what he's doing, he cares about his patients and he's very fast in everything that he does. Oh yeah... I don't know of a better person for this specialty.

top notch, careful and thorough

Posted on December 1st, 2014

I have a family history of melanoma and see Dr. Hunter once or twice a year for an overall skin check. He is far more thorough than any dermatologist I've ever had, spends as much time answering questions and explaining things as I need, always makes judgments on the side of caution, refers me to fabulous physicians if I need surgery, and is the best doctor I've ever had, in any specialty.

Daughter in tears

Posted on August 13th, 2013

I took my 18-year-old daughter to have some moles removed. There were three moles we wanted him to look at. One looked odd compared to the others. The two normal moles he wouldn't remove. He said those two had to be removed by a plastic surgeon at the clinic for large fees. While that was disappointing that he couldn't remove them, the other was even a bigger concern. He stated he could cut it out and have a biopsy done. That was good advice. However, I asked if I could have a rough estimate of the cost. I said I have 5 children and just have to look at things like cost. I can't just spend thousands of dollars. Steven Hunter went on to say that when it comes to cancer, I wouldn't care about thousands of dollars. He said that there was a 50/50 chance that my daughter's mole was cancerous. He said if it were treated early, there would be a good chance of survival. If not treated early, it most likely would lead to death. He said I had to make my decision instantly on removing the mole. He could not wait for the estimate of the cost. He said I would have to make another visit if I waited for the cost. With my daughter in front of me, he scared her with possibility of death if nothing was done right away. I was guilt-tripped into having it done without looking into any costs. I still have no idea how much this will cost me. My daughter was crying the whole ride home thinking she has cancer, is going to die, and to top it all off, the one mole she wanted to have removed above her lip before going to college, he couldn't remove.

I'm a patient not your punching bag

Posted on November 10th, 2012

I went in after suffering from a dramatic outbreak of full body acne all at once. It was so embarrassing. By the time I got the courage to see him 2 months had passed, some of the acne still remained. He lectured me, repeated my "illness" 4 times to me. I needed help to identify the cause and a remedy, not a lecture. Poor bedside manner with zero empathy toward patient's with compulsive disorders.

Posted on August 19th, 2016