Dr. Steven Ikenberry MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 25th, 2016
Horrible choice
He actually asked inappropriate questions while I was partially under anesthesia and I heard them and answered. I went into his office for a follow up and he denied them. He finally called me and wanted to talk. He admitted he did do what I questioned. When I asked him why-he had no answer. This group of physicians have a monopoly in the Rockford area. It's not a good thing for anyone. He prevented me from seeing other doctors and now where do I go?

September 21st, 2015
Worst medical clinic I have ever been to
This whole clinic treats patients more as cattle than people - they appear to be more concerned about developing an easy schedule for themselves than for providing good, coordinated, consistent care for their patients. A patient seldom sees the same doctor two times in a row resulting in disjointed results. The doctors also do NOT work well with palliative care - blaming problems on others as opposed to helping to work towards a solution for difficult situations. The clinic also does not honor patient privacy - making phone calls to other patients, pharmacies, etc. so that everyone in the room can hear what is being said. I have heard patient names, birthdays, age, conditions, etc. loudly announced - this is NOT privacy. I will never use this clinic nor its doctors again.

March 21st, 2013
No confidence in assembly line medical care.
Apparently Dr. Ikenberry did not listen to the explanation of my problem (twice). He spoke of choking on a piece of meat, and the nurse referred to a lump in my throat. In reality, I had explained (twice) that four hours after i had eaten one night, my esophagus spontaneously closed, I could not even swallow my own saliva, and was in excruciating pain for 4 hours before it subsided. I related this several times, but there was never any mention of it. Four days later I got a call that I was to start a new medicine. I explained that I was already on the medicine, and after some confusion it became quite clear that neither the doctor or the nurse had consulted my file. The nurse promised to talk to the dr. and get back to me. It's been 36 hours. I am very disappointed in this level of "care."

August 6th, 2017