A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Steven Itzkowitz:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Steven Itzkowitz is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Steven Itzkowitz, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Colorectal Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
Education & Awards
Dr. Itzkowitz graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Itzkowitz has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Mt Sinai Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Itzkowitz accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Health Plus - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Steven H. Itzkowitz practice?
Dr. Steven Itzkowitz practices Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Gastroenterologists.