Steven Jaffe MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

August 19th, 2014
Outstanding, caring, extremely responsive, extremely knowledgeable.

March 17th, 2013
Thanks for not helping
Back 17 yrs ago, at age 15, I was hospitalized for cardiac arrest stemming from an acute drug overdose. Being this was not a conscious attempt to take my own live, I was shuffled through the "system" and back at home in a week having no treatment other than immediate symptoms from my OD. My family was referred to Jaffe and I proceeded to see him for individual care, as well as a young adolescent/ teen therapy group. We all were in the group for the same troubles which was some form of pleasure from using drugs. On the very first treatment session I had, doctor Jaffe proceeded to diagnose me with ADD, and writting me prescriptions for Ritalin. Needless to say I was not ADD, just an under challenge, bored adolescent. Well, I too also found out in group that this doctor with credentials up the wahzoo, who was running a session for drug addicted adolescents, all if I can recall you have been prescribed Ritalin by doctor Jaffe, we found out that he had never done anything. Sure that's good for him never smoke cigarettes never drink beer never tried any drugs. We all laughed asking ourselves how a man who knew nothing about what we were experiencing could help us recover, I see Percy that to stop us with more drugs. On a side note, we decided to see if he was worth anything and we all dropped acid during 1 of his sessions. Mind you it was very entertaining. Now back to my complaint. I was misdiagnosed and prescribed a new drug to me which opened the door to a 15 yr battle with a cocaine and methamphetamine addiction , and no end, or desire of an end in sight. Not trying to claim that I would have never gone down this path but I can thank the Quick to 'Script Doctor for my turn from downers to the beautiful 2 yrs of ritalin abuse, turned Cocaine / Meth connoisseur... Thank you Dr. Staightedge for the quick fix!

February 4th, 2013
20 years with WRONG DIGNONSIS...
I had a traumatic childhood and had depression and ADHD so I entered a psychiatric hospital called Brawner North when I was a pre -teen. Dr Jaffe after only a few days diagnosed me with Bi-polar 2 at the age of 11 or 12 yrs old I started numerous medications including lithium .. this medicine within less then a year damaged my thyroid beyond repair and now I have Hypothyroidism & have to take synthroid for the rest of my life. Fast forward to now. I am 31 years old and on disability for Epilepsy (that began in that very hospital due to the numerous drugs I was given) and until recently bi-polar disorder . Dr Jaffe wrongly Diagnosed me with Bi-polar disorder causing me great stress and confusion because I never had a manic attack ever, I was laughed at and told by others whenever I had any form of feelings about something that it was just because I was " BI -POLAR" However I really have severe depressive disorder, PTSD and anxiety. I know Dr Jaffe specializes in this Bi Polar disorder and feel that he is a little to quick to diagnosis Bi Polar disorder more for his career then for his patients.

March 29th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Jaffe is the very best Doctor for children psychiatry. I have been a very satisfied patient of Dr. Jaffe for almost 10 years. He has always been there for me when I needed him and I am very grateful to have him as a Doctor.

January 4th, 2011
Outstanding
Outstanding. Really listens. Even asked what I thought the issue was because, Mom are in tuned to what is going on. Can't say enough about him his experience shows!!!!

July 14th, 2010
A joke
I saw Dr. Jaffe about 12 years ago as a teenager. I am not going into detail...but in hindsight he gave us the worst possible advice. He pushed me and my parents apart and looking back I resent ever seeing him...my brother saw him as well and we often joke about how awful he was...his eyes would roll into the back of his head as he talked to us and often it seemed as though he was sleeping...The care he gave was not funny and I am glad I turned out okay despite his terrible counseling...

April 20th, 2017