Dr. Steven Kalkanis MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 7th, 2016
Great Job
Had to have a L1-L5 lumbar Laminectomy back in Aug 2008. Dr. Kalkanis did a great job and I'm still doing good. His PA Tiabi was great also

December 9th, 2015
Best there is
I pray you never require his assistance, but if so, you will not only get cared for by the best trained and and most qualified Neuro surgeon there is, but also the most courteous and down to earth individual who will man sure you are comfortable throughout the whole time you are in his office and under his care.

August 20th, 2015
unimpressive

March 24th, 2011
Dr. Kalkanis saved my life
I went to four respected major medical centers around the country and was told by all of them that I had no hope for my brain tumor, that it was invading my motor strip, that I would never walk again and that it wasn't worth treating. Dr. Kalkanis explained in such a caring and thorough way an advanced way of getting to my lesion. The surgery went greta.. he took the whole thing out, and I can walk! My strength is great now, and my cancer is in remission. He gave me hope.. and it doesn't hurt that he went to Harvard and is the best!

December 20th, 2010
His standard of care is substandard! His staff is unprofessional. Phone calls are not returned, follow up is terrible and I needed further surgery to correct his surgery!

June 7th, 2010
IT'S A HOLIDAY WHEN YOU VISIT
DR STEVE IS THE BEST, (A BIG KID AT HEART BUT A TRUE PROFESSIONAL) HIS PA TAIBI & THE MA CRYSTAL ARE PROFESSIONALS ALSO. SOMETIME THE WAIT IS A LITTLE LONG BUT WELL WORTH IT.THEY TAKE THERE TIME AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR CASE.

May 17th, 2010
Very skilled Doctor and Surgeon
Dr. Kalkanis treated someone very special to me and performed surgery to repair a chiari malformation, and he completed the surgery in record time. He also treated this person for a brain stem glioma which was cancerous. He gave us quality of life which lasted for about a year. Dr. was always looking for new ways to treat the tumors and is very dedicated to his work and to his patients. Dr. Kalkanis has a very outstanding bedside manner and makes you feel at ease. He is a wonderful person and an exceptional doctor and surgeon and I would recommend him to any person who is in need of his speciality!!

August 19th, 2008
Dr. Kalkanis was very nice and concerned about my back. Did not want to do surgery at this time thought it wouldn't be a good idea. You don't want someone opending you up when they don't have to. Will go back if and when I need to.