Surgeons
Henry Ford Hospital
2799 W Grand Blvd
Detroit, MI 48202
313-916-9106
Locations and availability (3)

|  Dr. Kalkanis saved my life  |  show details
Mar 24th, 2011

I went to four respected major medical centers around the country and was told by all of them that I had no hope for my brain tumor, that it was invading my motor strip, that I would never walk again and that it wasn't worth treating. Dr. Kalkanis explained in such a caring and thorough way an advanced way of getting to my lesion. The surgery went greta.. he took the whole thing out, and I can walk! My strength is great now, and my cancer is in remission. He gave me hope.. and it doesn't hurt that he went to Harvard and is the best!

|  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

His standard of care is substandard! His staff is unprofessional. Phone calls are not returned, follow up is terrible and I needed further surgery to correct his surgery!

|  IT'S A HOLIDAY WHEN YOU VISIT  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2010

DR STEVE IS THE BEST, (A BIG KID AT HEART BUT A TRUE PROFESSIONAL) HIS PA TAIBI & THE MA CRYSTAL ARE PROFESSIONALS ALSO. SOMETIME THE WAIT IS A LITTLE LONG BUT WELL WORTH IT.THEY TAKE THERE TIME AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR CASE.

|  Very skilled Doctor and Surgeon  |  show details
May 17th, 2010

Dr. Kalkanis treated someone very special to me and performed surgery to repair a chiari malformation, and he completed the surgery in record time. He also treated this person for a brain stem glioma which was cancerous. He gave us quality of life which lasted for about a year. Dr. was always looking for new ways to treat the tumors and is very dedicated to his work and to his patients. Dr. Kalkanis has a very outstanding bedside manner and makes you feel at ease. He is a wonderful person and an exceptional doctor and surgeon and I would recommend him to any person who is in need of his speciality!!

|  show details
Aug 19th, 2008

Dr. Kalkanis was very nice and concerned about my back. Did not want to do surgery at this time thought it wouldn't be a good idea. You don't want someone opending you up when they don't have to. Will go back if and when I need to.