Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Dr. Kalkanis saved my life show details Dr. Kalkanis saved my life
Mar 24th, 2011

I went to four respected major medical centers around the country and was told by all of them that I had no hope for my brain tumor, that it was invading my motor strip, that I would never walk again and that it wasn't worth treating. Dr. Kalkanis explained in such a caring and thorough way an advanced way of getting to my lesion. The surgery went greta.. he took the whole thing out, and I can walk! My strength is great now, and my cancer is in remission. He gave me hope.. and it doesn't hurt that he went to Harvard and is the best!

Dec 20th, 2010

His standard of care is substandard! His staff is unprofessional. Phone calls are not returned, follow up is terrible and I needed further surgery to correct his surgery!

IT'S A HOLIDAY WHEN YOU VISIT show details IT'S A HOLIDAY WHEN YOU VISIT
Jun 7th, 2010

DR STEVE IS THE BEST, (A BIG KID AT HEART BUT A TRUE PROFESSIONAL) HIS PA TAIBI & THE MA CRYSTAL ARE PROFESSIONALS ALSO. SOMETIME THE WAIT IS A LITTLE LONG BUT WELL WORTH IT.THEY TAKE THERE TIME AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOUR CASE.

Very skilled Doctor and Surgeon show details Very skilled Doctor and Surgeon
May 17th, 2010

Dr. Kalkanis treated someone very special to me and performed surgery to repair a chiari malformation, and he completed the surgery in record time. He also treated this person for a brain stem glioma which was cancerous. He gave us quality of life which lasted for about a year. Dr. was always looking for new ways to treat the tumors and is very dedicated to his work and to his patients. Dr. Kalkanis has a very outstanding bedside manner and makes you feel at ease. He is a wonderful person and an exceptional doctor and surgeon and I would recommend him to any person who is in need of his speciality!!

Aug 19th, 2008

Dr. Kalkanis was very nice and concerned about my back. Did not want to do surgery at this time thought it wouldn't be a good idea. You don't want someone opending you up when they don't have to. Will go back if and when I need to.