Dr. Steven Kassman MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 25th, 2017
Excellent care.
I travelled from Canada to have hip replacement surgery. Dr. Kassman was caring and professional in all aspects.

May 1st, 2017
Caring and Professonal
I meet Dr K as I call him in October of 2016. We were on vacation in Phoenix and had an appt with him to assess my left knee. I am 64 year old women from Waterloo Ontario Canada and was told by my surgeon in Waterloo that I had a 14 to 18 month wait for surgery. At this point I was using a cane and a walker. Doctor K was able to do the surgery in three weeks but because of commitments at home we settled on January 19th,2017. I arrived at the hospital and was immediately taken in and readied for surgery. Wonderful staff, extremely detailed. Dr. K came in and we talked before surgery. They wisked me away to the operating room. Where I had a wee joke with the operating room staff and before you know it I was awake and feeling pretty good. Scott had me up and walking that afternoon. Although it was sore it was the first time in two years it felt stable!! One night in the hospital and back to the hotel to rehab for two weeks before returning home to Waterloo. I am now 14 weeks post surgery and doing great. Back to my normal routine's. Swimming has helped my recovery even more. I highly recommended Dr.Kassman and his team. They have given me back my life!!

February 1st, 2017
Way better than I expected
Dr. Kassman performed a partial knee replacement on my right knee in 2010 and the left in 2011. The night of my surgery I was walking without cane, crutches or walker with very little pain. In 3 weeks I was out playing pickleball with friends. I had anticipated this surgery for 2 years and spent the time building up my leg muscles especially around the knee. I can't say enough about Kassman and his skill as surgeon and his exceptional care of me as his patient. He and his staff are awesome.

January 24th, 2017
extremely professional in every reguard

November 3rd, 2016
An answer to prayer
I cannot say enough good things about about Dr. Kassman's skill and the care. I was truly desperate with hip pain and the relief of the pain is a huge relief. Dr Kassman truly listened to me and did not brush me as I experienced with medical care, here I was more than brushed off andI was told to be quie because what the x-rays showed was not what was wrong with me--the surgery showed that it was problem; although I did not fit the typical presentation, Dr Kassman took what I told him seriously and my pain has been releaved. I was so impressed when he and his wife offered me a ride to the airport --this showed me how much he cared. The only negative was the facility he recommended for rehab--the recommendation itself was great one. However, the facility did not appear to be able to care for me as an amputee. Moving around in the bed for comfort was extremely difficult with the amputated side on one leg and the surgery on the other. Offering me a trapeze or other devise was critical, but was not done. I developed quite severe shoulder pain--requiring an x-ray while in the facility. When I got home the PT thought I had torn a ligament and recovery has been slow., Many times I have told friends and colleagues about the wonderful skill and care I received from Dr Kassman. Thank you for giving me my life back. ,Since coming home Dr Kassman has stayed in touch by email, which has been wonderful.

November 3rd, 2016
very professional and personable. readily accessible for any questions. very happy with out come

November 2nd, 2016
Hip Replacement
My experience with Dr. Kassman was the ease of making an appointment after he had received my health reports, x-rays and MRI's. I had an appointment within 2 weeks, travelled to Phoenix, had the operation and returned home all within a month. All apointments were on time the facility was excellent. I liked the personal attention received from Dr. Kassman as well as keeping my wife informed by phone daily. I would certainly recommend Dr. Kassman to a friend (and have done so already). If I were to need to return for a future operation I would specifically request Dr. Kassman.

November 2nd, 2016
Excellent bilateral THR
I would highly recommend Dr. Steve Kassman to anyone considering total hip replacement surgery. Dr. Kassman replaced both my hips this summer in operations that were scheduled two weeks apart. I received courteous, timely, caring and effective treatment from initial diagnosis through to follow up visits and even longer-term follow up via email upon my return home. Dr. Kassman is a perfectionist and was determined to ensure that my legs were returned to their normal, matching length and he very much succeeded. I went from barely being able to walk and suffering tremendous pain from severe ostoearthritis to regaining a pain-free and active existence.

October 21st, 2016
knee replacement surgery
Everything went very well. Liked the immediate interaction with physio therapist. Would recommand Dr Kassman.

August 23rd, 2016
Worst bedside manner
Bedside manner of Dr Kassman is that of a wall. He didn't let me ask my questions without being very condescending, cutting me off, he was very rude and not a single ounce of compassion. He actually started walking out of the room as I was still talking, did not say goodbye, shake my hand, nice to meet you, just very arrogantly gave me his diagnosis and walked out as I sat there shocked, literally walked out crying. Never felt so disregarded by a doctor. Can't believe he went into this profession as it seems he's tired of people coming in with the same issues. Just shocked at his arrogance. One day he will be the patient, and I hope he's treated like complete idiot

May 27th, 2015
Had a 2:45PM appointment. Finally, went to exam room at 3:15PM. Had a not needed x-ray. Put in exam room. No body said anything or told me anything. At 5:00PM, I thought that was enough. I left. I told the front desk; "I guess this office doesn't have time for me. I'll stick with the VA here in Phoenix. Much more courteous and efficient!

July 12th, 2013
AMAZING DOCTOR
Dr. Kassman has replaced both a hip and shoulder for me and he is the BEST orthopedic doctor around. I have better rotation with my shoulder than anyone else I've compared notes with (who used other doctors) and my hip rotation is the best. Dr. Kassman is one of the best in his field and a very, very busy surgeon because of it. If you're concerned with the best personality don't think you'll find that with any of the top surgeons...they are good at what they do...surgery. If I need another joint replaced in the future Ill definitely go back to Drl Kassman. My shoulder was replaced in 2003 and my hip in 2010. Zero problems with either of them. In fact, we joked on my last visit around which joint was next! He's amazing!