Internist, Infectious Disease Specialist (virus, bacteria, parasites)

Video profile

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Good first visit show details Good first visit
Nov 30th, 2015

I've been using this office for 25 years, mostly with Dr. Tom LaPine, when it was North Shore Primary Care. I had my first physcial with Dr. Keenholtz a few weeks ago. The doctor took a generous amount of time reviewing and updating my history, and made me feel comfortable the entire time. I was seen almost immediately to get the process started. The nurse (male) was efficient, somewhat business-like but that's OK. The only thing they missed was ensuring I knew where and when to get my blook work done; but upon calling back they provided clear instructions and multiple options.

Will find new doc show details Will find new doc
Oct 22nd, 2015

Dr. Keenholtz rushed through my appointment, the nurse was nice but the front desk staff was abrupt and unhelpful. I had a few questions that Dr. Keenholtz rushed me through and I still left unclear. I had to ask the nurse which shots I was getting before I got the vaccines because it wasn't communicated to me. Will find a new travel clinic.

Sep 25th, 2015

awesome doctor and human being

time for a new doctor show details time for a new doctor
Aug 17th, 2015

Just tried to call for an appointment. Grant it I havnt been to doctor in a long time. Told her I'm sick and not getting better. She told me they are not writing scripts for a cold. Nice to know she could diagnose me over the phone. Told me to take Advil cold and sinus and let it run its course. Is this what health care has become in America? Why do I pay insurance for?

Always in a hurry to get rid of us show details Always in a hurry to get rid of us
Nov 16th, 2012

Dr Keenholtz is always in a rush. Spends less than a few minutes with you and rarely provides useful information. Much better and caring drs out there

Personalized Care show details Personalized Care
Sep 1st, 2011

Dr. Keenholtz and his staff makes you feel as if your part of the family, not part of the factory. Taking the time to explain and address any questions or concerns.

Feb 28th, 2011

move on, you deserve better! He is smart in one area- Hiring great nurses! He is an arrogant jerk

keep looking show details keep looking
Jan 7th, 2011

His nurses are GREAT! He is not.

Worst Doctor I've ever had show details Worst Doctor I've ever had
Oct 5th, 2009

Arrogant and rude is how I would describe my interaction with this terrible Doctor. He misdiagnosed me twice. Actually he never diagnosed me correctly. I wasted a year with this Doctor. He never seemed interested in treating me and seemed bothered and rushed in dealing with me. I would not recommend this doctor for anyone. If you care about your health, stay away from this doctor.

Sick 14 years without a diagnosis show details Sick 14 years without a diagnosis
by Extremely unhappy on Apr 27th, 2009

Always felt rushed. However the Nurse Practitioners are far more caring. Never a follow up. Wasted too many years with this physician. Found him to be both ignorant and arrogant.