Dr. Steven Kiefer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 27th, 2016
Please don't waste your time like I did and go to this Dr. I am in severe pain and have lost my job because I can not perform job duties. Dr was very rude and made me feel as if I have a low pain tolerance. I have had a previous fusion and am now experiencing worse symptoms than before. I wouldn't want my worst enemy to go to this so called Dr.

March 8th, 2016
I was in in severe pain and MRI of neck was bad. He treated me rudely and unkind and said he didn't believe the MRI was correct. He never did a real examination of me and because i apparently didn't look to him Like I was in pain "or whatever his reason to be rude and unkind", he dismissed me and the MRI interpretation results! I out sued through college and I've worked for almost 20 years, he seemed to instantly indicate i was trying to get out of work and didn't care about me or take me serious! I would not recommend this Doctor in anyone. He made what I was going through worse!

February 11th, 2016
Great Doctor!

January 16th, 2016
We asked for an appt. with Dr. Scott but somehow Dr. Keifer is who we got, but we decided to try him. He was very rude during office visit as well as the surgery process. He operated on my boyfriend and was rude before and after the surgery. There was a complication after the surgery and he was still very rude even rolling his eyes if we asked a question. We were very disappointed with him. Don't go to him.

December 24th, 2015
Do not go to him he will not help you he does not care

August 12th, 2015
Still herting
Do not go to him if you need help you will not get it he does not care

August 6th, 2015
Not sympathetic at all!!!!!
I had to come to him after my previous surgeon moved. He performed my 3rd surgery, a 3 level fusion. When I told him I still had pain, he told me he fixed me and to get out and never come back. He also refused to schedule any rehab after surgery. He should lose his license for his treatment of people.

July 9th, 2015
GREAT DOCTOR REALLY HELPED MY HUSBAND. THANK YOU

June 28th, 2015
Rude and condescending
He was rude to me as well and told me that he didn't think that I needed surgery yet for my herniated discs and severe arthritis....although, I had an ACDF previously from another doctor at UK. He told me that it had to be worse than what it is right now. I was having severe pain down my arms with numbness and tingling and some pain in my neck. He had to do a study on the nerves in my neck to see if I had nerves that were being pressed on and at the same time, another doctor had ordered an LP for me, to rule out multiple sclerosis. I also had an MRI that showed classic lesions for MS, but he didn't believe that I had it because they weren't big inflamed areas, just the small ones with Dawson's fingers. I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, secondary progressive! Ha! Just goes to show how much he knows about MS, definitely not his field of expertise! But, I also still have the problems in my neck and I am looking for a different surgeon to do the surgery.

May 28th, 2015
Poor Excuse
This guy is a poor excuse for a Dr. After being diagnosed with L5 S1 herniated disc with nerve root compression, he pretty much told me I had a low pain threshold and would make a note of it in my charts. Told me he could do nothing for me. I've had two kids naturally. How dare him say that to me. I would not ever recommend this Dr. What a joke!

February 15th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon
I found Dr. Kiefer to be an excellent Dr. and surgeon. He was very direct and professional in all my visits. He was 100% accurate in his diagnosis of my condition. The surgery went as planned and now I am totally without pain and can live a normal life. If you want to be pals with your doctor, Dr. Kiefer is not your man. If you want a talented surgeon to ease your pain and fix your problem then he is your guy. He is very busy, yet I felt he always spent all the necessary time with me to examine me, diagnose my problem, and answer all questions I had concerning his diagnosis and recommendations for repairing my condition.

October 24th, 2014
He was very cold and acted like I wasted his time. I have a number of problems with my spine, it has been broke, fusions in my neck and back, five total, I have an implant in my back to help with pain...don't ever get on of those either... The man basically said deal with it.... Maybe one day he will be in pain with his back and regret was he has done to people...Don't go to him.