Internist, Pediatrician

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 25th, 2015

Does not have admitting privileges at Children's Hospital Birmingham.

FANTASTIC PHYSICIAN show details FANTASTIC PHYSICIAN
by C C Pate on Feb 3rd, 2015

long wait once in office, but it was definitely worth it, if he spends as much time with every patient as he did with me, I have to imagine all his patients receive the same outstanding care I received, I had no idea there are stiff doctors out there still brave enough to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. OUTSTANDING care, respect, & compassion. I recommend Dr. King to anybody who's not going to get impatient, my advice, just bring a book, it's not that big a deal, especially considering the high quality of care received. First doctor in forever who didn't treat me like the hypochondriac nut I can be at times. He spent a lot of time with me, asked a lot of questions, and TOOK ME SERIOUSLY. Then treated me to my extreme satisfaction.

One of the most kind, and compassionate people. show details One of the most kind, and compassionate people.
by Carissa Henley on Jun 28th, 2013

My son was diagnosed with C-Diff. after his regular pediatrician refused to believe there was nothing wrong with him for 7 months, in 2009. It almost cost him his life. After our experience with her, we never thought we would trust another doctor again. The pediatrician was trying to pawn us off on someone else, so she sent my son to Dr. King. I am so glad she did. Dr. King immediately made us feel at ease. He told us that we are my son's parents and we know more about what is going on with him, so we have to be a team. We have to tell him what's going on and he will do whatever he can to try to find the medical reason it's happening. He has always went above and beyond to make my son feel comfortable. He has performed multiple diagnostic surgeries on him, and each and every time he comes in the room and tells us everything he is going to do, and he stays with the children the entire time they're back there. With Dr. King, there is a long wait to see him.. but it's completely worth it. You know that he's taking his time with each patient and not rushing them off, which means he will do the same with you.

by K. Cole on Jun 23rd, 2013

Dr king is an amazing doctor. The wait in the office to see him is a bit long but when he enters your room, he will stay and talk with you as long as need be for you to be clear and totally understand everything. We have seen him for 4 years and wouldn't change a thing. Great doctor!

wow what a visit! show details wow what a visit!
Oct 5th, 2012

O my, i dont even know where to begin. We were there for 3 hours saw the dr for 2 min, and he gave us a diagnosis before i even finished telling him all my daughters syms. Nothing he said made any sense...i think i need another opinion! I dont know about other folks, but i get so tired of paying co-pays to underqualified doctor. I mean it is easy to learn from a book, but so so many cant or dont want to process it and use it in real life situations. So many doctors, so few good ones. Yea, skip this one.

Very informative and kind show details Very informative and kind
Mar 15th, 2012

My son was diagnosed with a gastrointestinal problem that his pediatrician just could not get under control. So, to be on the safe side he sent us to Dr.Stephen King....WOW! he was wonderful...very informative and kind, great bedside manner, and even though it required a VERY long wait in the lobby to see him, it was totally worth it to see the relief on my child's face. He kept my 4 year old at ease and not to mention there are crayons in the room and they can draw on the table paper and leave it with the doctor and his receptionist and nurse hang it up when the kid's are through with the drawings. My son loves him...I wish he was a practicing pediatrician. I definitely would take my children to him and trust every diagnosis. I HIGHLY recommend this doctor.

Dec 14th, 2010

My 4year old LOVES Dr. King! I am a nurse and very picky about my child's care. Dr. King is excellent! Highly recommend!

Wonderful Dr show details Wonderful Dr
by suzan gottier on Aug 10th, 2010

Dr. King diagnosed my daughter with Crohn's about 8 months ago and he has gotten her pain under control. His bed side manner is great, and has a heart of gold. I am so happy to have him as my daughter's doctor. The nurses and office staff are very friendly as well. We love you all and God bless you for everything you have done. Sincerely; Mrs. Sgottier

KIND AND CARING show details KIND AND CARING
Feb 8th, 2010

Dr. King is the only doctor I have ever had listen to me and care for the concerns I have. I am so greatful for Dr. King

Oct 14th, 2008

Dr. King is an excellent doctor. He truly cares about his patients and there problems and he wants to make them better.