Dr. Steven Krause MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 4 reviews

February 9th, 2016
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Krause for over 20 years. We have always been more than satisfied with his care. He is a quiet, gentle man and very professional. We will be sad when he retires..

June 26th, 2013
ok enough already, not sure how I came across a bad review of Dr. Krause on another website (researching some skin issue I guess) but I did a bit more research and have discovered that he has numerous poor reviews. I don't usually comment on things like this but I feel the need to defend my doctor. I have been a patient on and off for the last 15 years or so, maybe more? and he is a very good dermatologist. Yes, his bedside manner does sometimes leave a bit to be desired but he cuts the crap and gets to the point and has resolved my cystic acne issues on more than one occasion. Many years ago, after other approaches failed, he suggested a new tx for acne that was just beginning to be prescribed for female hormonal cystic acne not responding to other treatments...and lo and behold, 15 years later, this is now a much more common approach/tx that many other dermatologists are prescribing. He's always got something or some idea up his sleeve and he is very easy to talk to and actually listens. I have always liked him, have never felt like he condescended to me or made me feel like my acne wasn't having a very detrimental effect on my well being, and he has always taken very good care of me. Yes, you may experience a longer wait time once in the office but this is usually because he's taking care of last minute emergency patients who need questionable moles removed or whatever... As far as more serious skin issues such as skin cancer, mysterious growths, etc..I have also had him do a mole check on one occasion and it was pretty quick, I think he's been a dermatologist for so long that he immediately knows just by looking if something needs further review, freezing, or biopsies, whatever. He's kind of old school that way and doesn't really take the time to tell you why you should or shouldn't be concerned about something...just that you should or shouldn't be. If you want some more coddling you should go to a medspa...if you want to see a good doctor who knows what he's doing you should see Dr. Krause.

November 19th, 2012
Steven Krause is to be avoided
I made an appointment for a body scan. I was 5 minutes early only to wait in the wait room for 30 minutes and then another 30 minutes in the examination room before Krause showed up. During the exam, he was generally rude. When asking a question he would either ignore it or answer in a demeaning way making me feel stupid (like I was supposed to know). I will never see this doctor again?

July 26th, 2011
Rude, Unprofessional. Uninformed
I am a patient of Krause's partner, Dr. Hayes, but took my 2-y.o. dtr to see Krause on urgent skin issue. He was horrible. Though we was the _only_ people in the waiting room at 8:15am, he kept us waiting for 20 minutes as he audibly chatted up the staff. Upon entering his manner turned from friendly to curt. He was completely dismissive of our concerns. He never even touched my daughter to examine her skin, even though she sat silently on the table. He only peered at it by craning his neck. He scoffed (snorted, actually) when I questioned him re: pthalates, scornfully asked me "what's the problem with them?". I explained to him the debate (they are banned in Canada and not requisite labeling by the FDA in the US), and he condescendingly said he had never heard of this and that there was no problem. Shortly after this behavior, he appeared to feel somewhat remorseful, and pulled out his iPhone and proceeded to read Wikipedia aloud....and then muttered "I'm glad you brought this up." Too late to do me any good. This visit was a waste of my time -- a $50 copay on my insurance for an unhelpful and rude doctor? No thank you.