Dr. Steven Garner MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 1st, 2014
Bad Tummy Tuck
I had a tummy tuck done by Dr. Garner at the end of 2013. The staff was great. Dr. Garner explained everything in detailed and told me I would love the results. I had my procedure done and I do have to say, he would answer my calls at any time, he even provided me with his cell number. All in all, when my husband came in with me for my follow-up, Dr. Garner told him he was not able to come in to the room while he was doing my follow up! My husband had to wait until the end of the appointment to go in with me! Did I forget to say my husband is in the medical field too? As if that was not enough, my husband asked a question and Dr. Garner basically made my husband feel stupid with the way he answered. Well now getting to my results of the tummy tuck, I asked Dr. Garner why was my upper abdomen bigger than the lower part. At the beginning he told me to give it some time to heal, that I was very swollen, then weeks went by and the swelling started to subside, but the odd shape of my belly was not getting any better. Still Dr. Garner would say give it some time. It was 5+ months later that I finally asked to see if he would do a revision on this and his response was: he read to me, all of my chart notes which was a combination of the truth and other stuff that I was never told or expected. Then when I told him I was very unsatisfied with the end results, he said he did the best he could and would not take blame as to say he would do a revision. Since then I have consulted with 2 doctors and without telling them my story, they both have told me they would have performed this procedure differently. They will not say "it was done wrong" but interesting enough they ask a lot of questions that make me feel like such a dummy for having done this procedure with Dr. G. So with all that being said, I WOULD NOT RECOMEND DR. GARNER AT ALL. People, please take your time and do as much research as you can, I was very hesitant to write a review, I do not like to bad mouth individuals, but now that I see how much more money I would have to come up with to fix my issue, I don't want that to be the case for others. Good Luck .

May 28th, 2013
Double Cost, Double Trouble
I have had three procedures done here. The first, tummy tuck came out very well. I was happy with the results even though I was a bit concerned about the condescending attitude during post-op visits. The second procedure was disappointing as I could not see results after having gone through the cost and recovery time for the lower (short scar) lift. I had to undergo a second procedure with another charge and recovery time to get minimal results. My bad, that I went back for a third and the biggest procedure of liposuction. Again, very disappointing, uneven results and he wants me to come back at another serious charge to complete the surgery that I have already paid for once. Do I have a big "sucker" sticker on my forehead? Not going back. I am now going to a different Plastic Surgeon to see if things can be evened up. In all fairness though, I never had any serious infections or bad scarring. My biggest complaint is disappointing results and double charging.

June 30th, 2010
wonderful doctor
Dr. Garner is a very through and honset doctor. I initially saw him 5 years ago for breast implants and after having children returned to him for a "mommy makeover." I thought I should get a full tummy tuck and he advised me what was in my best interest was a mini. Im so thankful he is such a honest doctor because he saved me alot of time and money doing what was best for ME instead of what was best for him financially. He's awesome and I highly recommend him.

April 29th, 2010
he was a great surgeon and very nice. he did my implants that look and feel great even after 3 kids. im going back to him for more work

February 19th, 2010
Not so gentlemanly
Dr. Gardner has the WORST bedside manner I have ever encountered. He explains things in terms that are too medical for me to understand, and when I ask follow-up questions, he pretty much explains that I'm too dumb to understand, in more technical terms of course. Furthermore, he read me the clinical note from my last visit with him, which was full of inaccuracies. He wants to do surgery on me without even knowing what is wrong and got upset that I preferred to get imaging first. Funny thing is, he treated me MUCH nicer when I had different insurance. I would not trust this "surgeon" who seems more money hungry than altruistic, neither with my tonsils nor appendix, much less my bones!

November 25th, 2009
An artist, in a world of wanna bes
Dr Garner is a gentleman, and an artist in the field. More professional than I have words to tell. My proceedure was handled with gentle hands, and a caring heart. Spiritual in a way of trust. The results were perfect. I am truly happy.

November 7th, 2009
Todd Connor
Dr. Garner and his staff are FANTATIC! They all treated me with great respect and genuine concern for my welfare! Dr. Garner explained the entire process and great detail desiring for me to be totally satisfied with the end result... and he definitely delivered!I would recommend Dr. Garner to anyone in a "heart-beat second"! He and his staff were/are kind and courteous, while mainating a professional deamenor at all times!

October 17th, 2009
This doctor should NOT be allowed to practice medicine or do surgery he's incompetant. He botched the entire surgery and I have a lifelong injury.

September 1st, 2009
No doctor has ever spent as much time with me to make sure all my questions were answered. Office staff very helpful

July 15th, 2009
cosmetic surgery consultation
I was very impressed with the office staff and surprised by the amount of time Dr. Garner spent with me. Dr. Garner was my second consultation, and I felt at ease and had all my questions answered. Dr. Garner spent at least 35-45 minutes with me, and I was shocked when he called me personally to make sure my questions had been answered. I highly recommend this Doc and this practice. Staff very helpful as well.

April 27th, 2009
This doctor should not be allowed to do surgery, he's BAD NEWS!

March 4th, 2009
Courteous and professional from the moment I called the office. I was especially happy with the way all of my options were explained.